Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm making a map FE rocket jump map

Edit: I posted this to the maps section. Unaware it requires admin authorisation. I wanted to get this out right away. Please dont take it as a double post or spam :O

It will contain all custom rocket jumps! and will progressively get harder.

You will start a in room with 3 teleporters in front of you. Each teleporter will take you to an area of difficulty. The areas will be rooms with doors similar to test chambers from portal.. maybe..

Easy, Advance and Hard.

Some features in each difficulty are:

Easy: Beginner level but still a challenge, Mostly veritical walls (1 rocket), Platform to Platorm Rocket jumping

Advance: For experienced rocket jumpers, Steep slopes, high verictal walls for double rocket jumping, smaller platforms

Hard: New invented jumps, Air controled jumps, Rocket jumping from bounce pads, Precisely timed jumps, tiny platforms etc.

I was thinking of including some sort of timer elements too. Example: Press 'Button 1' some platforms move, Reach platform then press 'Button 2' a Door opens & timer sounds.. Quickly rocket jump to door before it closes or fail and repeat.

My ideas are crazy and ambitious but I think I know the editor well enough to implement them. (Even though I'm terrible at mapping)

I struggle with texturing, finding custom textures which can continously align properly then converting them to TGA then to TEX with the appropriate size is a pain (I will probably just use orginal SS textures) I also suck lighting I hate lighting.

Right now I'm planning the level so I don't have anything to show. But I have already made progress.

If anyone has suggestions or knows the Editor and wants to help me test and work on this project that would be amazing. I could use support as I still have a lot to learn about SEd

Finally..

I made a map before I just used the best jump sections from orginal maps and put them together in 1 map. I lost the map but another rocketer probably has it somewhere. More info: http://gb24.go-board.com/t80-rocket-...-jump-training

I also started a similar project before.. but I made the mistake of not planning it so I quickly ran out of ideas, screwed up the difficulty and didn't really have time to finish it. More info http://gb24.go-board.com/t82-custom-rocket-jumps-map
    [Rocketers] Chris

Dual booting XP x64 and starting to Map!. Those teleporters will be transparent once I create starting rooms for each difficulty.

Pretty much default textures for now..

Name:  Teleporters.png
Views: 293
Size:  548.4 KB
    [Rocketers] Chris

Focking awesome man

& I'd like 2 be a tester

Update:

I took screenshots of the first 2 'easy' jumps rooms. What do you think of the design I'm using ?

Name:  Room 1 (Easy).png
Views: 268
Size:  447.3 KB

Name:  Room 2 (Easy).png
Views: 262
Size:  590.2 KB
    [Rocketers] Chris

Looks great ! .. if i could i would give some pointers..i would ..but my last map was for unreal ..
    Anyway - map making require lots of time and resources..(textures ...standard are never good enough)
    there are number of sites if you google - that would offer free texture downloads...
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Design looks modern, maybe a bit futuristic, which is very good for a RJ map

Banned
    nothin are changes with our commander.... it seems, that we're need to find a new commander for SS )
    good!

,Yes bravo chris! Welcome again your return is important, did you know clan www.xjumperselite.tk and clansony.wix.com/ximagesclub or clubimages dunno, im inactive in aphril and may, but if you see im the creator of the map RJ-WORLD and grenade training map GD-Training are cools but "disign is shit" words of shooter hero ... Maby is true, and i used untextured for see distance better but is confuse for high jumps,

---------- Post added 07/05/2013 at 04:17 ----------

We need talk man is posible 36m vertical! 2x rokets 100 health, and exist many styles of walls. I think that you know quake 3 defrag, or look quake 3 defrag movie in youtube, your fe rj map now is looking like a defrag map, for the style, put jump pads for jump with knife and a section xenox, for copy movement rj quake 3 and my favorite game open arena. I love strafe jump speed but sam physics has not strafe jump, count with me if u need help. Try that the map have low ms and high fps and use very cool light effect. Use some flares are cool.

---------- Post added 07/05/2013 at 04:32 ----------

More ideas: -add ramp jumps -use diferent polygons not only cubes and verticals,- add distance jumps (remember that normal is 24m, advance is 30m and hard is 36m of distance with roketlauncher 100 health extreme is +40m) -if you want know more with grenade max is 56m 100 heal. - add bouncer jump. And big bouncer jump - add obstacles like collumns or holes.(fall in hole can kill u or teleport u more back)

Quote Originally Posted by sony17 View Post
    ,Yes bravo chris! Welcome again your return is important, did you know clan www.xjumperselite.tk and clansony.wix.com/ximagesclub or clubimages dunno, im inactive in aphril and may, but if you see im the creator of the map RJ-WORLD and grenade training map GD-Training are cools but "disign is shit" words of shooter hero ...
    What..? you mean your rocketjump map sony? Yes indeed, design was shit & my graph card didn't render the shadows well...
    Whit design i mean textures for the record...

Hi Sony. Thanks for your suggestions!

did you know clan www.xjumperselite.tk and clansony.wix.com/ximagesclub or clubimages dunno im inactive in aphril and may, but if you see im the creator of the map RJ-WORLD and grenade training map GD-Training are cools
    I know about your clan "<< X >>" yeah.

I haven't played your map but I will as I’m not well experienced with using grenades to boost rocket jumps. I think grenade rocket jumps are quite useless as they only propel your forwards and not upwards... (not high enough anyway).. so I might not even included them in my map, if I do then maybe bonus challenge room or something.. jumping over gaps & hole because there isn't much use for it anywhere else.

We need talk man is posible 36m vertical! 2x rokets 100 health, and exist many styles of walls. I think that you know quake 3 defrag, or look quake 3 defrag movie in youtube, your fe rj map now is looking like a defrag map, for the style, put jump pads for jump with knife and a section xenox, for copy movement rj quake 3 and my favorite game open arena. I love strafe jump speed but sam physics has not strafe jump, count with me if u need help. Try that the map have low ms and high fps and use very cool light effect. Use some flares are cool.
    Do you have a demo of a 36m vertical, can that be pulled off consistently? I can only guess it's a 'lucky' triple rocket jump. But I'd like to see that. I know the defrag mod for quake 3 it's cool. I have some inspiration from defrag maps and TF2 maps. I am always looking at other maps for ideas.

XENOX (Infinite Life) section is a No. I consider that to be rocket jump cheating because you don't need to aim precisely. For lighting I'm will try to use good lighting but positioning light entities for large rooms is difficult. I will probably ask some more experienced mapper for lighting tips.

More ideas: -add ramp jumps -use diferent polygons not only cubes and verticals,- add distance jumps (remember that normal is 24m, advance is 30m and hard is 36m of distance with roketlauncher 100 health extreme is +40m) -if you want know more with grenade max is 56m 100 heal. - add bouncer jump. And big bouncer jump - add obstacles like collumns or holes.(fall in hole can kill u or teleport u more back)
    I've already planned ramp jumps and slopes. Use different polygons.. you mean textures ? I wanted to use a plain cement texture for walls but I couldn't find one which aligns correctly. I have teleporters placed for rocket jumps if you fail to spawn you back. I was also thinking of turning off impact on surfaces to stop players from swashing but it's hilarious so I might keep impact on.
    [Rocketers] Chris

Are you planning to recruit some ppl for testing or you will do it on your own?

Channel with Dark Ambient Music (made by me):

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiablos View Post
    Are you planning to recruit some ppl for testing or you will do it on your own?
    I will be testing most of the map on my own as I create it. I will ask friends and people I know to test it. When its ready.
    [Rocketers] Chris

Made some progress today

Name:  Room 3 (Easy).png
Views: 205
Size:  504.1 KBName:  Room 4 (Easy).png
Views: 205
Size:  572.9 KBName:  Room 5 (Easy).png
Views: 201
Size:  569.0 KBName:  Room 6 (Easy).png
Views: 201
Size:  595.0 KBName:  Room 7a (Easy).png
Views: 195
Size:  638.9 KBName:  Room 7b (Easy).png
Views: 196
Size:  630.1 KB
    [Rocketers] Chris

yeah bravo!!

Chris while you are doing rj map, i will do trick jump map, too muh knife jumps, like meta trick jump video(you tube) in min 0:25, will be posible create a clock cronometer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information