Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.

Thread: Demo problem

Campers Clan

Demo problem

Since i'm working on a new video, i've been watching a lot of demos from many games. And I notice few of them are totally unsynchronized at all, looks like players are doing the right moves, but not at the right times, moving weirdly, weakly agains't walls, jumping in lava without reason.. I don't know how a such problem can happen, but I hope it's not gonna happen on an important demo i've registered.. It didn't for now fortunately, but let's say on 15 demos, 1 of them was unsynchronized.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaliman View Post
    Since i'm working on a new video, i've been watching a lot of demos from many games. And I notice few of them are totally unsynchronized at all, looks like players are doing the right moves, but not at the right times, moving weirdly, weakly agains't walls, jumping in lava without reason.. I don't know how a such problem can happen, but I hope it's not gonna happen on an important demo i've registered.. It didn't for now fortunately, but let's say on 15 demos, 1 of them was unsynchronized.
    Yep but unfortunately - nothing can do ...its just game bug ...
    thats actually why demos are 3 minute long - to minimize the damage
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

The game uses pseudo-random functions that are based on the game state to avoid bad syncs during multiplayer. So, if you've replaced or modified any model/ DLL etc, the multiplayer will be unavailable and some demos can play differently.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousAlexej View Post
    The game uses pseudo-random functions that are based on the game state to avoid bad syncs during multiplayer. So, if you've replaced or modified any model/ DLL etc, the multiplayer will be unavailable and some demos can play differently.
    Most of the games run modified dll's ... but it does not mater ... same errors persist in unmodified versions as well..
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Yeah it's sync bug

Vinyl Scratch
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousAlexej View Post
    This has nothing to do with it.
    - Angelo (aka Scratch aka YS)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    Yep but unfortunately - nothing can do ...its just game bug ...
    thats actually why demos are 3 minute long - to minimize the damage
    actually i've been doing the same myself recently and had the exact same issue as described by metaliman. Ostap's demo files are fine it is your serious sam program. I found that when i moved many demo files into the demo folder WHILE serious sam running, that was when i saw people running weirdly. What i did to fix this was simply put small amounts of demo files at a time and close and reopen ss. The demo files downloaded from 42 adam, were intact and sound. hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    This has nothing to do with it.
    I've checked it - different weapon models, for example, make default demos play differently

Metaliman, you should try to run demos on reinstalled version of the game.

Try running it on 1.05, I have this problem too with some demos but I think one of them works fine on 1.05 even though it's a 1.07 demo. Sometimes glitches out when they crouch bug, though

Thread Information