Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

42Amsterdam Remote Servers

Hi everyone

After playing for a month with american linux servers ... new "remote host plug-in" system for 42 Amsterdam group is almost ready...

American servers will be terminated on January 5th 2013... (servers are too slow ...)
    But !!!

Good news everybody !!!

I've found very good and pretty cheap provider in Austria - EDIS ...servers hardware is perfect and price is as low as it can get comparing to others...

so there will be 3 new hosting servers...

1 - Switzerland
    2 - Poland
    3 - Hong Kong

Each server is capable of running up to 7 game servers ...so it should be enough ...
    In a long run - i'm thinking (maybe) making "shifting" servers that will be activated at specific time for some regions. but i'm not sure yet ...coz for example Honk Kong server looks like very dedicated to that region but ...we'll see..

---------- Post added 28-12-2012 at 22:05 ----------

And another good news

after checking - FE works fine on new server ... so i guess there will be mixed servers on all 3 .
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Update:

US servers will stay for another month - (they have 31 day notify before canceling)
    FE servers still wont run properly, neither 1.05 .... so only SE and only 1.07..

Hi everybody !

To test remote hosts manually - i've added a server "'''!!!|||| HOST VOTE TEST SERVER ||||!!!'''"
    with @host command activated.

Name:  n7Z9HWxQ.png
Views: 190
Size:  125.0 KB

its similar to @map vote ..only it will reboot server on other host.
    If anyone interested testing the hosts - feel free to use it.

There are of coz already servers you can connect - but this is also a new command as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    Hi everybody !

To test remote hosts manually - i've added a server "'''!!!|||| HOST VOTE TEST SERVER ||||!!!'''"
    with @host command activated.

Name:  n7Z9HWxQ.png
Views: 190
Size:  125.0 KB

its similar to @map vote ..only it will reboot server on other host.
    If anyone interested testing the hosts - feel free to use it.

There are of coz already servers you can connect - but this is also a new command as well
    I dunno if I'm blind or what, but I can't find that server.. Too many servers in the list, OMG
    EDIT: Never mind, I'm not blind - just dumb. It says it's offline on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    I dunno if I'm blind or what, but I can't find that server.. Too many servers in the list, OMG
    EDIT: Never mind, I'm not blind - just dumb. It says it's offline on the site.

try again - it should work now

Some news about remote servers:

1. I've finally canceled the american servers..(Woo-Hoo !!!)....(took some time..... but eventually ...) ...
      Servers will be active till april ...LOL ...those americans have weird perception of time.... 1 month in american means 3 ...(my advise - dont rent anything from americans ...they always have somewhere white letters on white background saying something you agree when you press "OK" without even knowing it)
    2. Poland server - donno but first of all - its much slower than swiss and has some issues with connection stability - and its almost unused... so i'm probably gonna move this one to Austria next month.
    3. Hong Kong - after tests - proved to be bit slow but stable server ...so it will stay for all asian players...
    4. Last week - i've spent over 4 days trying to run virtual windows on virtual linux ...a "Deep Inception" ..
      It works fine on local computer ...(windows 7 runs virtually Linux that runs virtually Windows XP)... but any attempt to install it on VPS - failed ...my provider has custom compiled kernel ..i could not find exact headers to properly compile virualbox (also all attempts to update kernel to standard one - failed i guess they thought of that before me ).....
      So....All that above -means that there will be no FE or SE 1.05 on linux servers...(for now...still...)
    5. There is now 1 server with host vote enabled - SE duel server

5 stars for Swiss server, it's really awesome

i am from india so in hongkong server i was supposed to get a bit low ping but it was more than 450 but there was no spikes which is a + where in main server i get nearly 220 to 250 ping
    but on the swiss server i got 177 which i haven't got till now and server seamed to be pretty stable also very less spikes but on angelo's server and poland server it was very laggy and with 250+ ping
    maybe you can add this feature to all servers
    thups up man for ur works

Good news everyone

After updating to new database server - I'm now able to use remote servers again ...
    (i hope new version is more robust than the old one that was hacked recently)
    There are two remote hosts now:

1 - Switzerland (100/100mbit connection)
    2 - Austria (1Gbit/1Gbit connection)

Name:  6O9UtPW0.png
Views: 131
Size:  53.0 KB

Swiss server proved to be very stable and had good connection
    Austrian server is new ..and should have better connection for some players...

Please let me know if it is so ...

*Cadis Etrama Di Raizel*
    I know this is an old thread, but still i wanted to ask if this 'remote servers' of yours still exist or not. Where is that '@host' command which used to be there in the servers after this system's implementation?
    [Rocketers] Sandy

~-[:42 A'dam Elite:]-~ *SANDY*

running servers on linux proved to be unstable.
    there are no remote servers now.

<<X>> Clan
    Which linux server is unstable?

Debian , Ubuntu, CentOS

when running on local linux - you can get correct version of anything required to make it stable (more or less)
    But when running in public environment on VPS - linux kernels are fixed and can not be recompiled .....or changed ...coz all providers have custom kernel to fix they needs. thus some of the wine components can not be updated to newer version.

<<X>> Clan
    No Wine. Wine not good to make game servers .
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...debian-317751/
    or
    How-To Install Serious Sam : The First Encounter on Ubuntu
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=492165

Quote Originally Posted by Way View Post
    How-To Install Serious Sam : The First Encounter on Ubuntu
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=492165
    Will not work - the version for Linux is not compatible with the version for Windows
    [Rocketers] Alex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information