Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.

Thread: hey)

hey)

hello! so i cant get to play on 07 cuz im getting banned. today i joined server for 1st time in 2 weeks and got banned instantly
    reason was : teaming. but i was the only one on server and waiting for Jack of Dimonds for our duel.
    i joined about few minutes ago to play with Switch on shotty also, but when i joined i got another ban for teaming. but wtf?? i joined and second later im banned))
    Ostap do you have some sort of automatic banning system? cuz if you do plz turn it off i want to have some games in serious sam as much as other players

You have same ID like MYSTERY.

1. Save your settings
    X:\\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter\Scripts\PersistentSymbols.ini (commands settings)
    X:\\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter\Controls ~ Folder (controls settings)

2. Re-instal game with none preinstalled version CD/IMAGE
    This will create unique ID per player profile by default.

Explanation: There is preinstalled russian game version uploaded, everyone who use it can be banned by same ID. Less players use it, less wrong bans.

Banned
    nothin are changes with our commander.... it seems, that we're need to find a new commander for SS )
    all the same didn't help, Bann and remained. writes "Ban for 3 days, for trashing", I after all only came on the server already Bann caught, still ideas are?
    Last edited by Devon; 28-10-2012 at 09:00.

i reintsalled it yesterday before wrting topic but didnt help gonna try those comands later since im not home

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    i reintsalled it yesterday before wrting topic but didnt help gonna try those comands later since im not home
    As i told you, with preinstalled russian version you will get same ID every time, you need to reinstall it with new, different version (new CD/IMAGE) not with same. My suggestion is to use ENG/EURO version of the game for better compatibility with servers.

---------- Post added 28-10-2012 at 10:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vio432 View Post
    all the same didn't help, Bann and remained. writes "Ban for 3 days, for trashing", I after all only came on the server already Bann caught, still ideas are?
    What nickname you used when you got that ban message?

All he has to do is delete the .plr files ? The game automatically creates new player profiles upon startup

Banned
    nothin are changes with our commander.... it seems, that we're need to find a new commander for SS )
    yes, i deleted plr files, didn't help.

sorry for long absence ...had alot of work on my hands...

As i read - it was again that issue with duplicate ID's...
    I had to disable "all ID ban option" - coz if one duplicate ID is banned - it would ban 50 other players...so now its more tolerant...
    Although ...there were some changes to still be able to fight proxy users...

previously - each automatic re-ban was made for 10 minutes ...(if any...IP/ID... whichever matches first)
    now - re-ban takes the full time of original ban ..(including time of creation ...to keep the timeout correct)

so - those who were banned for duplicate ID ...had no chance (after removing .plr files) ....coz they would be re-banned by IP even if ID is changed...and then new ID would be recorded again ...and re-banned again if IP changed...
    Its a very nasty system i agree...

but there are very nasty players who think they are so freaking cool ...(once again - mostly russians, ukranians )
    My advice to those - get rid of duplicate ID by removing .plr files or re-installing the game (however suits you)
    coz those things will happen again with all duplicate ID's (as well - dont copy user profile from others to gain color marks !!!!)
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Thread Information