Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Professional autist
    Darude sandstorm
    We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us - Is competing for the victory.
    Ayrton Senna

Yeah, kick an admin out of your team who's still dedicated to this game, has servers that carry the 42amsterdam name.
    You know, invests his time and passion into the game (!), only to be dismissed because of one share of that damned pw and your usual paranoid delusions.

GG WP

shithappens
    Oohh, so shitt happens!!! ....

But, I want to hear a solid reason from dear "Phantom", why is this server password-protected for observers?? I dont understand really, you said it was because of the "spammers or trashers" but from the moment that everyone is free to join, they can come and trash/spam you anyway! Do you think he cares about the difference between observing and playing? - Nop!

Please lift the password! That way players who have lags or high ping (or any other reason to not wish to play) can now watch the game from all aspects and enjoy it!) Trust me, if you remove the password and tell nobody, it will be almost the same (the game has few players afterall, and I think not many of them are spammers)! Also, that way, nobody would get removed for stupid reasons such as this! Karel is a valuable admin, as he is probably the only one to join the game every day!

P.S.: If alot of people are talking and irritating you... you can add an "observer limit", you know, and problem solved! "3" or "4" would be great

Campers Clan
    we generally use obspass to prevent the server overloading, sam is old and everyone knows that the netcode's always been unstable as fuck, too much obs may cause bad syncs and such.

About Karel, this is sad. I wouldn't have kicked him tho, I think reminding him that he should not give the passwords would've been enough.

Corsair ● Asus ● Razer ● Beyerdynamic

Immortals Clan
    Everybody dont care about this observer password. Its not a tournament server. Not in 2k17 we must talk about it. Re-join him. He was a really good admin... He didnt deserve kick..

P.S. If you want kick someone from admins, why you didnt kick phantom and missmurder? This two - play only 1-2 days in a month. They didnt help with anything, just have only one "private" server, which we can do without this two...
    Last edited by Sam Winchester; 12-03-2017 at 13:26.

shithappens
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaliman View Post
    we generally use obspass to prevent the server overloading, sam is old and everyone knows that the netcode's always been unstable as fuck, too much obs may cause bad syncs and such.
    Nah... syncs are not caused by people who watch (where is logic in that? )... that just happens sometimes. As i said - setting a limit for observers is probably the perfect solution for that particular server! I would understand it if it was a tourney server or something like that... then we would indeed need a password!) But its not the case for that server...

Campers Clan
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersniper98 View Post
    Nah... syncs are not caused by people who watch (where is logic in that? )... that just happens sometimes. As i said - setting a limit for observers is probably the perfect solution for that particular server! I would understand it if it was a tourney server or something like that... then we would indeed need a password!) But its not the case for that server...
    the logic is that the more clients there is, the harder it is for the server to manage all the data packets, serious sam can't do it properly because it has no compensation for packet losses. If the server host is good like Ostap then there shouldn't be much problems, but it wasn't the case between 2003 and 2010

Corsair ● Asus ● Razer ● Beyerdynamic

shithappens
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaliman View Post
    the logic is that the more clients there is, the harder it is for the server to manage all the data packets, serious sam can't do it properly because it has no compensation for packet losses. If the server host is good like Ostap then there shouldn't be much problems, but it wasn't the case between 2003 and 2010
    Heh... so the players should be blamed more, not the observers)) (Players are also clients...)
    -
    So today, as there aren't such issues anymore, these "2 inactive dudes" should remove that password and set some limit if it bothers them so much...
    Because that server is very active... and due to the fact that they don't have the time to administrate it, it is now something like a public server! ...

well you only have yourselves to blame for sharing the passwords, so don't be angry at me; i even made a clear statement on the forums saying you are not supposed to share the password, changed the password after said statement, and yet within a few days the new password has been given out and shared again.
    why don't i like observers? let me illustrate it with the following example that i encountered recently.. player1 starts a vote to change the map, player2 and observer start insulting player1 and telling him to stop that...while at the same time i was wondering why observer even cares about it since observer is not even playing the map..and that's just one of many examples of why i think observers are annoying (plus they occupy a free slot on the server that could have been used by other players that actually wanna join and play a game) i admit that not everyone would behave badly as observer, but time has told me many observers use the observer function to just insult, trash, ridicule other players and spam the console. to prevent this i set a password on this server.

conclusion: password stays, observers can take their bs elsewhere

Professional autist
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    observers use the observer function to just insult, trash, ridicule other players and spam the console. to prevent this i set a password on this server.
    /con_ilastlines=0
    /gam_fchatsoundvolume=0

and everything is perfekt.
    We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us - Is competing for the victory.
    Ayrton Senna

well you only have yourselves to blame for sharing the passwords, so don't be angry at me; i even made a clear statement on the forums saying you are not supposed to share the password, changed the password after said statement, and yet within a few days the new password has been given out and shared again.
    why don't i like observers? let me illustrate it with the following example that i encountered recently.. player1 starts a vote to change the map, player2 and observer start insulting player1 and telling him to stop that...while at the same time i was wondering why observer even cares about it since observer is not even playing the map..and that's just one of many examples of why i think observers are annoying (plus they occupy a free slot on the server that could have been used by other players that actually wanna join and play a game) i admit that not everyone would behave badly as observer, but time has told me many observers use the observer function to just insult, trash, ridicule other players and spam the console. to prevent this i set a password on this server.

You pathetic wankstain, sharing the PW one time a while ago equates in your mind to a dismissal from super admin position?
    Talk about a god complex.

shithappens

And yet, you again say "spammers and trashers"!) I already told you, if someone has decided to trash and spam your servers, if he cant from observers, he will do it from players! We had a similar situation, where a Polish noob started to trash like this: "i dont play by your soviet rules, gtfo you CCCP bicz".
    So basically, there was nobody to ban him, until the guy who was just removed from adminy came to ban him... and he was banned twice for 2 weeks...
    And if he can be banned, why an observer cannot? You act like observers are hidden and you cant see them, but everyone can see them as normal players.. so if you see a mofo trashing - ban him just like you would ban a normal player!
    By the way, you are wrong... observers don't occupy player slots...

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  30.8 KB

Also: When i am watching the game, i also act like an admin, because i am even more active! (Every day ) (After all, even most active admins can be busy sometimes) But because i cannot ban, i report instantly and ban happens much much faster! (Nobody watches stupid messages to admin anymore...)
    Now without this admin, that guy will get banned... oh well i don't know... after 2 days? when it doesn't really matter anymore...
    If a player is trashing some other guy who want to change map (lets take again as an example that Polish fegit):
    First need to look objectively, to see if the person is not interrupting an interesting game!
    Example: The Polish fegit came in the server while 5 players play Little Trouble. He starts to spam @changemap Hole ... and i said "SPAM"... not trash him?
    Last edited by Supersniper98; 13-03-2017 at 06:50.

Good evening! This server is private (managed by Missmurder, and Phantom), there are a special subrules, and they can decide, how many observers, passwords, and any custom settings to be. This thread is about Amsterdam admin list, is not about servers settings,passwords, observers... I think here is not right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Good evening! This server is private (managed by Missmurder, and Phantom), there are a special subrules, and they can decide, how many observers, passwords, and any custom settings to be. This thread is about Amsterdam admin list, is not about servers settings,passwords, observers... I think here is not right place.
    Dont be daft, Petar. Scroll up a few times and you'll notice the main reason Karel got kicked out of super admin position is for sharing that password. It has everything to do with this discussion and to deny that would come over as retarded, imo.

who da hell shitershero is?

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information