Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.

Bug on SE Duel 1 or what?

Hello,

Some days ago another italian player was willing to play on the duel server with me and to select Shotty Complex as arena on it.

I entered the server (set to Yodeller) and started the map vote. The other player entered for a moment, then it is not so clear what happened.

When the map was reloading I was disconnected, so I tried to enter the server again. I managed to enter, but I've been several minutes waiting for my opponent. He couldn't never arrive, so I located him on another server and he told me: "Sorry, it displayed a message that the server was full". So we played on a public multi-slot server.

The day after, I try to enter SE Duel 1 again when it was showing 0/3 on the list. Server full!

Now I was wondering what can be done to solve this issue.

What happens if slots are increased from 3 to 4?

Did the server still have 2 hanging clients inside because of some error?

Thanks for the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hello,

Some days ago another italian player was willing to play on the duel server with me and to select Shotty Complex as arena on it.

I entered the server (set to Yodeller) and started the map vote. The other player entered for a moment, then it is not so clear what happened.

When the map was reloading I was disconnected, so I tried to enter the server again. I managed to enter, but I've been several minutes waiting for my opponent. He couldn't never arrive, so I located him on another server and he told me: "Sorry, it displayed a message that the server was full". So we played on a public multi-slot server.

The day after, I try to enter SE Duel 1 again when it was showing 0/3 on the list. Server full!

Now I was wondering what can be done to solve this issue.

What happens if slots are increased from 3 to 4?

Did the server still have 2 hanging clients inside because of some error?

Thanks for the attention.

In order to allow only 2 players to connect - there is the limit of 3 players (server it self - reserves 1 slot for it self)
    It might happen that server gets a hold of some player that somehow incorrectly disconnected ...(lost connection....etc) - usually server will release the record after few minutes

increasing to 4 players - will allow 3 players to connect ....not exactly what is required for duel type of game
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    In order to allow only 2 players to connect - there is the limit of 3 players (server it self - reserves 1 slot for it self)
    It might happen that server gets a hold of some player that somehow incorrectly disconnected ...(lost connection....etc) - usually server will release the record after few minutes

increasing to 4 players - will allow 3 players to connect ....not exactly what is required for duel type of game
    I see, thank you for the explanation. Perhaps I should try to disconnect manually and rejoin after a few minutes instead of pressing F9, and at last invite the player I want to duel with.

Thread Information