Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.

Self hosted chat servers

anyone who is considering to host own chat server - my advice - avoid "mattermost"

Name:  2020051636Z3Jj6e.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  129.8 KB

it has a tracking inside and wont work if removed
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    anyone who is considering to host own chat server - my advice - avoid "mattermost"

Name:  2020051636Z3Jj6e.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  129.8 KB

it has a tracking inside and wont work if removed
    What a coincidence : I read at this yesterday in the afternoon; and at evening, TV was broadcasting "Enemy of The State" (that I watched for last time in 2011).

I'm not going to use such websites soon, but thanks anyway for the hint: this one will be blacklisted from now on.

This is only for someone who is attempting to cut from the major social media sites
    In case you are looking for "self-hosted" chat server software

blocking the distribution site - wont do much

---------- Post added 17-05-2020 at 18:58 ----------

At the moment i've "Rocket.chat"
    it works ... half way ... but it works - totally not the best one as they say

When hosting own chat server - one should consider the uploads .... size of them ...
    server that i use on Hetzner - has 40gb free space .... - thats just not enough ... .. my pals posting muz everyday ...
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    This is only for someone who is attempting to cut from the major social media sites
    In case you are looking for "self-hosted" chat server software

blocking the distribution site - wont do much

---------- Post added 17-05-2020 at 18:58 ----------

At the moment i've "Rocket.chat"
    it works ... half way ... but it works - totally not the best one as they say

When hosting own chat server - one should consider the uploads .... size of them ...
    server that i use on Hetzner - has 40gb free space .... - thats just not enough ... .. my pals posting muz everyday ...
    By "blacklisted" I meant I won't consider registering on that website or downloading its desktop app.

Thread Information