Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What about adding some servers to SE?

Hi everyone,

I've read some of the latest threads... So...

I was wondering if it was possible to restore the good old PRO Multimap Server with its historical settings:

Difficulty: Normal
    Infinite Ammo: No
    Cannon: No
    P-Ups: No
    8-10 slots maximum.

Note: since there is the weapon replacement functionality, how about putting XOP Flamethrower in the place of the cannon (except for Red Station and Compound) just as other servers around here?

Second: Fix42Mod users have auto-downloading enabled --> how about adding Shotty Trouble ("my" Copy1, of course ... because I'm narcissist! ) /Shotty maps / Custom maps in only one server?

Also, since the first time I know about 42Amsterdam, I've always seen Duel servers on FE but NEVER on SE! It would be cool to use one with the same settings as PRO, but for duels only.

I have always forgotten about promoting this from time to time... and looking at "in-game messages to Admin" section, I read Kacper/Scofield's comment: they reminded me of it!

How to start a poll for this?

shithappens
    Why do you want to keep increasing the list of servers?? And you know the player-base today... even though balanced servers may be cool they are not "fun" for majority of people who play today, might as well play Hard and Serious ;-;

And no DON'T EVEN THINK about Duel servers, in fact it's better if they are removed just because of people like Kacper/Scofield. So they can not join and wait for new players, kill them in private, get useless highscore in stats page, if a good player comes - leave, repeat. That is why he wants one in SE in the first place... now in SE he can't do it in private, it is annoying when a random Zdzichu or BadBoy pop up or anyone with even the slightest chance of killing him more than 3 times. F9 button is handy, and if you kill him consistently when he rejoins or kill him more than 3 times in a row, he will blacklist you (remember to not join when you are there), avoid you (when you join he will immediately quit) or join observers and call you a noob/kid - for which he will get a BAN- look at the stats page in the moment, he is now in the list for such a thing (soon ban will expire and he will get to do the same). Otherwise, these duel servers are cool but not quite... at least if they were made so that observers could connect it would be cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Supersniper98 View Post
    Why do you want to keep increasing the list of servers?? And you know the player-base today... even though balanced servers may be cool they are not "fun" for majority of people who play today, might as well play Hard and Serious ;-;

And no DON'T EVEN THINK about Duel servers, in fact it's better if they are removed just because of people like Kacper/Scofield. So they can not join and wait for new players, kill them in private, get useless highscore in stats page, if a good player comes - leave, repeat. That is why he wants one in SE in the first place... now in SE he can't do it in private, it is annoying when a random Zdzichu or BadBoy pop up or anyone with even the slightest chance of killing him more than 3 times. F9 button is handy, and if you kill him consistently when he rejoins or kill him more than 3 times in a row, he will blacklist you (remember to not join when you are there), avoid you (when you join he will immediately quit) or join observers and call you a noob/kid - for which he will get a BAN- look at the stats page in the moment, he is now in the list for such a thing (soon ban will expire and he will get to do the same). Otherwise, these duel servers are cool but not quite... at least if they were made so that observers could connect it would be cool...
    Come on, I have this idea for years now, way before Kacper and Scofield were even born... As an observer, it is very annoying when 1st player-view weakers join in and ruin a duel between a Jack/Destroyer/Gospod1n/BadBoy/Zdzi, because they break the rhythm of the match, they don't bring anything new with themselves and they are just unwatchable...

A duel between the most skilled player, indeed, is a joy for your eyes and tournaments will end soon, so... with normal duel servers always online, you don't need to wait for a new tournament to watch a good duel..

The alternative could be to set a password and give it to a few players only... that you know for sure they WILL NOT give the password to Kacper/Scofield... Or asking admins to just perma-ban them from Ostap servers.

And, yes: this game is dead and most of the gamers are noobies. But good players will still join a PRO Multimap server sometimes. It was practically the same in 2017, there were only 15 GZ more players than today. But they still used to play in PRO sometimes back then.

Also, I was online just last night... Players moving from Frag06 to Frag12, then Frag09, then Frag08.... I understand there are players who prefer monomap servers. But last night was one of those days when players may want a multimap server instead of being inmigrants from one place to another..

shithappens
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Come on, I have this idea for years now, way before Kacper and Scofield were even born... As an observer, it is very annoying when 1st player-view weakers join in and ruin a duel between a Jack/Destroyer/Gospod1n/BadBoy/Zdzi, because they break the rhythm of the match, they don't bring anything new with themselves and they are just unwatchable...
    WHAT) You called firstperson players WEAKERS?? Point Man will hunt you
    They don't ruin a duel at all, maybe in your view- but if you ask Zdzichu or BadBoy or Jack etcetc they don't really care who joins or who doesn't, it is his choice and.... if he is too weak he will just end up leaving anyway)

A duel between the most skilled player, indeed, is a joy for your eyes and tournaments will end soon, so... with normal duel servers always online, you don't need to wait for a new tournament to watch a good duel..
    Except you can't watch it, because yes, the server is full once 2 players join. Unless you wait until they finish and download the demo.... I wouldn't want to watch something like this on recording without interaction.... otherwise just go and view older games from 2010 or something, it will be the same feeling ;-;

The alternative could be to set a password and give it to a few players only... that you know for sure they WILL NOT give the password to Kacper/Scofield... Or asking admins to just perma-ban them from Ostap servers.
    First sounds kinda impossible, if you give the password only to a few players it's a recipe for empty server. Second seems like a good solution but you don't have a proof) From what I saw this isn't a very moral thing to do but completely legal) He has the right to avoid whoever he wants and play with whoever he wants, if he insults someone he will get his weekly ban and that's it... otherwise that game will be less active)

Also, I was online just last night... Players moving from Frag06 to Frag12, then Frag09, then Frag08.... I understand there are players who prefer monomap servers. But last night was one of those days when players may want a multimap server instead of being inmigrants from one place to another..
    No need to add anything, a Multimap server already exists, it is set to Normal as well- try to guess why people don't play on it as often...
    Oh yeah a Duel server exists in SE since some time too so here, now you have it ;-;
    But the reason why Duel servers are not used now in general is because Scofield and Kacper are banned)))
    Last edited by Supersniper98; 21-03-2020 at 13:47.

I don't see what the problem is Sniparz. The only one that has to agree with this is person hosting the servers

Quote Originally Posted by shooters_hero View Post
    I don't see what the problem is Sniparz. The only one that has to agree with this is person hosting the servers
    I'm fine - there is still 20gig free memory ... considering each server takes about 100k
    What settings ? maps ?

---------- Post added 21-03-2020 at 17:15 ----------

Also as noted by Marco - if maps are only about removing items - standard maps could be used as well with the "remove/replace" options now available
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

WHAT) You called firstperson players WEAKERS?? Point Man will hunt you
    Of course I meant Classic only players! Well, if it would be only Point Man, it would be fine... imagine Trapper, The Prestige, OTACON & co. hunting me...

They don't ruin a duel at all, maybe in your view- but if you ask Zdzichu or BadBoy or Jack etcetc they don't really care who joins or who doesn't, it is his choice and.... if he is too weak he will just end up leaving anyway)
    Yes, from the point of view of the QuakeCON observer ... it is annoying when they join.

I agree those players don't care, after all it can happen only in public DM servers with multiple slots available.

Except you can't watch it, because yes, the server is full once 2 players join. Unless you wait until they finish and download the demo.... I wouldn't want to watch something like this on recording without interaction.... otherwise just go and view older games from 2010 or something, it will be the same feeling ;-;
    Damn, yeah, I totally forgot about that detail!

Also, this reminds me I noticed something weird about this fact... Sometimes in server list, there are some local matches with 2 slots perfectly filled, let's say some 2/2. Usually polish or ukrainian dudes open such servers. Well, when watching on "Classic Online Monitor" there are 2 players for real...

But on Duel servers from FE you can't join if the slot situation is 2/3... You get a message like "Too Many Observers!".... Like if a player occupied 2 slots.

If no ServerGUI program for Sam can solve this issue, well.. goddamn it! I thought observers had separate slots because their ping cannot be seen, and they see the match with no lag like if it was a demo playback...

First sounds kinda impossible, if you give the password only to a few players it's a recipe for empty server. Second seems like a good solution but you don't have a proof) From what I saw this isn't a very moral thing to do but completely legal) He has the right to avoid whoever he wants and play with whoever he wants, if he insults someone he will get his weekly ban and that's it... otherwise that game will be less active)
    Yes, an empty server is a drawback, but at least you will have only the right players there.

No need to add anything, a Multimap server already exists, it is set to Normal as well- try to guess why people don't play on it as often...
    Oh yeah a Duel server exists in SE since some time too so here, now you have it ;-;
    But the reason why Duel servers are not used now in general is because Scofield and Kacper are banned)))
    I was watching its situation right about now.. 119 demos recorded in the last month isn't that bad.

However, I remember in 2017 there were 2 servers almost clones:

1.07 Multimap and 1.07 PRO Multimap.

The first one was a kind of "None Strict": you were allowed to use Cannon and Powerups, Infinite Ammo were ON but that was the only server (together with PRO Multimap and Shotty Trouble server) set to Normal difficulty. Looks like the current SE - Multimap [+MV] is derived from it.

I have some demos from that server... Please, ask Karel if he played with alias DaiKee in 2017... even if I don't think it was him...

And about the SE Duel. Yes, I saw it. But it has Hard diff. We can add a PRO Duel server and leave the already existing one for Kacper/Scofield!

The problem still remains that observers can't join.

Quote Originally Posted by shooters_hero View Post
    That for sure. But I opened this thread because I would like to get the opinion of other players currently active in game and on this forum (included the unbanned ones).

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    I'm fine - there is still 20gig free memory ... considering each server takes about 100k
    What settings ? maps ?

---------- Post added 21-03-2020 at 17:15 ----------

Also as noted by Marco - if maps are only about removing items - standard maps could be used as well with the "remove/replace" options now available
    Settings for PRO Multimap reborn:

Difficulty --> Normal

Infinite Ammo --> OFF

Maps --> Native + GoldDM + some Shotty custom maps (Shotty Trouble, Shotty Complex, Shotty Power and Shotty Tomb). Please DO NOT put Go Hunting, Lefty and Ra-Spah Shoy (for obvious reasons).

Cannon --> Replaced by Flamethrower in Fortress, Hole, Docking Bay; Replaced by Single Shotgun in Sun Palace. Removed from Compound and Red Station (because there is already a Flamethrower).

Powerups --> OFF

Thanks in advance, even if won't add it.

ayo wsup bois

just came randomly, and if u interested - there is my opinion about it:

NO, i dont think that we need to make server-list larger by adding some of "private-duel-se" server.

"they break the rhythm of the match, they don't bring anything new with themselves and they are just unwatchable" - sorry what? this game have very low online, and if someone else join - its good. its mean that now ur crossfire can be "3rd-partyed" - but its a part of every fps game. also i play for myself - not for observers, so i kinda dont care if it "whatchable" or "unwatchable". more players - more fun, especially when u on serious-diff-lt-serv with grenades u better join than sit in obs
    and also playing on "serious" diff now - is funny. if i will want some "try hard" games - i will text high-voltage or badboy, and we will play on private servers.
    we (pro/highskilled players - call it whatever u want) all have each other contacts, so its not a problem.

have a nice day

upd:
    oh and about kacper - just dont mind this fag, while he is trying hard for stats - some guy with nickname "raime the fume knight (GUESS WHO ) is already sitting on 1st place and doesnt care about it at all

Professional autist
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack.O View Post
    upd:
    oh and about kacper - just dont mind this fag, while he is trying hard for stats - some guy with nickname "raime the fume knight (GUESS WHO ) is already sitting on 1st place and doesnt care about it at all
    kacperek and his brother kudych wich enjoy shitting thier freestyle on me for whatever reason and showing me that they are sooo skilled with pwning bots on duel servers, fnny shit that they leave each time when i join and complain about me on obs lol

also i have same opinion about servers as above xd
    We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us - Is competing for the victory.
    Ayrton Senna

Quote Originally Posted by Jack.O View Post
    ayo wsup bois

just came randomly, and if u interested - there is my opinion about it:

NO, i dont think that we need to make server-list larger by adding some of "private-duel-se" server.

"they break the rhythm of the match, they don't bring anything new with themselves and they are just unwatchable" - sorry what? this game have very low online, and if someone else join - its good. its mean that now ur crossfire can be "3rd-partyed" - but its a part of every fps game. also i play for myself - not for observers, so i kinda dont care if it "whatchable" or "unwatchable". more players - more fun, especially when u on serious-diff-lt-serv with grenades u better join than sit in obs
    and also playing on "serious" diff now - is funny. if i will want some "try hard" games - i will text high-voltage or badboy, and we will play on private servers.
    we (pro/highskilled players - call it whatever u want) all have each other contacts, so its not a problem.

have a nice day

upd:

You know, I have little netbook, I can play for 10 mins max, then... bye bye frame rate!

And I was trying to explain the point of view of the observer, I didn't say you guys play for us. I mean: on normal servers there is you facing another skilled opponent, you both have a good fight for a couple minutes, then a weaker (or multiple weakers ) joins the server and the match changes totally.... Sometimes, the one who was winning before, ends up with a 2nd place because of that 1/2/3 Kleers-Steves that entered the game later. Plus, just watch them playing from a random demo sometimes... You will get what I mean... Yes, they are unwatchable.

Nevermind... I'll go play |Puckman| < OOOO

You know, I have little netbook, I can play for 10 mins max, then... bye bye frame rate!
    i was never know that, sorry

Zdzichu, go outside, this is just a game, so don't hang up because your glasses will fog up and all the pimples will pop on your nose. Jack no comment, I'm not interested in your virtual love with zdzichu.
    You are licking your ass together.
    I repeat again, unhook because I play for statistics and for relaxation. I understand your young age but a little humility. Thanks

shithappens
    Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    Zdzichu, go outside, this is just a game, so don't hang up because your glasses will fog up and all the pimples will pop on your nose. Jack no comment, I'm not interested in your virtual love with zdzichu.
    I repeat again, unhook because I play for statistics and for relaxation. I understand your young age but a little humility. Thanks
    I like how you proceed to insult people again, even here in the forum. No, playing for statistics is the total opposite of playing for relaxation) If it was for relaxation you would be a better player/person and people would forget more easily your toxic side. Yes, now go and tell me how I am a kid and a no-lifer and how I need to go outside, hmm maybe you should, I heard the corona-virus is nice at this time of year...
    Last edited by Supersniper98; 23-03-2020 at 19:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    1 - if someone agreed with someone in "internet" - it doesnt mean that they r "asslickers" or they have a "virtual love"
    2 - grow up kid, ur type of behaviour isnt tolerated even "online"
    3 - u suck. deal with it

There is always a solution for that

....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information