Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Long forgotten thread ...

But have anyone tried to play with "LAN" setting in the past 2 years ?
    i've almost no bad syncs with it ....sometimes though ...
    Actually - that's the only setting i can play with .... all others gets me kicked with bad syncs in no time
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You know, it is strange: I have a netbook (that means the worst architecture ever in terms of CPU and integrated graphic card) and I can play fine, without frame drops for a bit. The framerate starts to drop after 15-20 mins.

I have to study a solution for this. Maybe it also depends on cache, who knows? The same happens when I play FIFA 98. When I boot this game after I turn on my netbook, it works a bit fine. When I try running it after using browser or programs such as Excel, Notepad++, etc, it does even have worser frame rate than Serious Sam, even if I closed all the previous processes before! Also, Serious Sam becomes "stable" again when I do F9.
    [...]

My specs:

Acer Aspire One D270-26Dkk

CPU: Intel Atom N2800 (all sites wrote that this processor is the worst Intel could do, even if it is "Quad" core), 1.86 GHz speed - no turbo boost;
    GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 (integrated card...);
    RAM: 2 GB DDR3 (it is expanded: I had 1GB before).
    I RE-UP this because I've recently set everything to high on my PC I've built last year. On september, I was playing a DM at Hole. I was playing fine for the very first minutes, then it became unplayable and it WASN'T because of X-Fighter pwning everybody on the map but it was because of frame rate decay over minutes (X-Fi of course is a master and he would have won anyway, in fact later he destroyed me 30-0 at ST, check high scores board).

I must check all parameters again, but I'm pretty sure it depends on the game cache when you set it to Huge. Otherwise, how can a game from 20 years ago have low frames after 30mins-1hour when the specs are:

Custom build
    CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 3.6 Ghz base clock speed that can reach 4.2/4.3 Ghz on all cores (4.361 precisely) and 4.4 Ghz on a single core, an octa-core CPU with 16 threads;
    GPU AMD Radeon RX550 2GB Sapphire Pulse, at a clock speed until 1500 Mhz;
    Kingston HyperX Fury RAM 2 x 8GB at 3200 Mhz clock speed...
    OS Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise with telemetries OFF and all optimizations possible (like disabling Windows Update and MS Store).

So definitely a different machine compared to that old netbook! It can even run DOOM Eternal at low details and I have good frame rates most of the time.

I say I must check parameters one by one because when restoring old settings the game can run with high frame rate (OpenGL) forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Custom build
    CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 3.6 Ghz ,
    GPU AMD Radeon RX550

maybe instead of pumping your rig up more and more and still camping with same issues as 20 years ago
    why not just build an 2007 Comp ...single or dual core ...4 gig max

Just for sam !!!

oh ...and Windows XP of coz !!!

At least - you can compare them both (new and old) and ...have XP version always available no mater what update is out
    Aaaand ...as already been proven - having super-duper graphic card - does not help much in sam classic

---------- Post added 11-11-2022 at 13:43 ----------

Thing is ...that there were talks about internet connection prioritization - on provider level .... ...via the government of coz
    Which could lead to lowering traffic to "unpopular" or as we call it today "fake news spreading" websites

That didnt click with the majority few years ago
    But i'm sure - that was just a small step back ....and these who were pushing (lobbying for it) - eventually succeeded ...but without public consent

So ..what i'm trying to say is that UDP protocol ...is going out of priorities as it is defined in first place
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    maybe instead of pumping your rig up more and more and still camping with same issues as 20 years ago
    why not just build an 2007 Comp ...single or dual core ...4 gig max

Just for sam !!!

oh ...and Windows XP of coz !!!

At least - you can compare them both (new and old) and ...have XP version always available no mater what update is out
    Aaaand ...as already been proven - having super-duper graphic card - does not help much in sam classic

---------- Post added 11-11-2022 at 13:43 ----------

Thing is ...that there were talks about internet connection prioritization - on provider level .... ...via the government of coz
    Which could lead to lowering traffic to "unpopular" or as we call it today "fake news spreading" websites

That didnt click with the majority few years ago
    But i'm sure - that was just a small step back ....and these who were pushing (lobbying for it) - eventually succeeded ...but without public consent

So ..what i'm trying to say is that UDP protocol ...is going out of priorities as it is defined in first place
    I didn't build this PC for Sam only, otherwise Windows 98 with a mono-core CPU and a Voodoo2 card and 128 MB RAM was enough as well.

Thing is, there is a bug in the cache setting and it wasn't a low-end CPU issue only (as Supersniper stated). I've just discovered that and reported. It doesn't mean, of course, that I'll revive my netbook.

You wouldn't want to call the RX 550 a "super-duper card", as it is only 2GB VRAM (a standard maybe 10 years ago) and its architecture is half of an R7 370. It's also no longer supported by AMD as its production has been dismissed.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...0-gaming.b3383
    https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...e-rx-550.b4471

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information