Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.

Nvidia "Experience"

Hi guys ...

If you got Nvidia card - DO NOT INSTALL this crap ..."Nvidia Experience"
    I was looking for recording software with internal compression ...and this proggy was advertised as one to try ...
    well ....

When you install it - it behaves ok ....but upon registration - it will not allow you to proceed unless you agree that you share all your data.
    Secondly .... once you click "agree" ...this virus ...will start to scan your disks ...

As well - when i tried to uninstall it - found out that bastard removed it self from installed programs - making it impossible to uninstall.

Lucky me - i've a restore capsule ...
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

shithappens
    Some time ago I was updating my drivers and with it came "GeForce Experience"... however in the middle of driver installation it failed.... and later I went ahead in Programs and Features and removed Experience normally since it was there... (I removed it because I thought it was half-installed, since installation crashed during that phase) also I never bothered updating drivers again and everything is fine I guess...... I have a very old GPU anyway)

P.S. I think GeForce experience would not work for recording on my GPU anyway because it is not supported I guess (I have a GT 430)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    Hi guys ...

If you got Nvidia card - DO NOT INSTALL this crap ..."Nvidia Experience"
    I was looking for recording software with internal compression ...and this proggy was advertised as one to try ...
    well ....

When you install it - it behaves ok ....but upon registration - it will not allow you to proceed unless you agree that you share all your data.
    Secondly .... once you click "agree" ...this virus ...will start to scan your disks ...

As well - when i tried to uninstall it - found out that bastard removed it self from installed programs - making it impossible to uninstall.

Lucky me - i've a restore capsule ...

It's been 5+ years since I don't have a nVidia driver anymore (I had GeForce 520M on my Samsung RV-520 and my experience was terrible with it), so I've never had any possibility to know and download this malware (anyway I didn't worry about video performance at that time).

I just want to notice that your issue reminds me when I collected a virus while downloading a checkers game, last september. It would be a little OT, forgive me about this.

But I write this since I read at the line I marked in bold. I've got the installer, I tried to install it and then it requested me the system rebooting.

The only thing installed was an exe on my AppData/Local folder, inside a folder with a random alphanumeric name. The folder was unaccessible, but it tooks some days for me to detect it.

In Task Manager I saw a second "explorer.exe" that I wasn't able to terminate ("Access Denied"... WTF??? I'm admin with ultrapowers and privileges on my comp!!!) and my system became slow. When I clicked on "Open File Path" it didn't even bring me to its folder.

At last, after rebooting the system everytime, I noticed an alphanumeric exe appearing in Task Manager and I discovered where it was located. This exe suddendly terminated itself, but I still wasn't able to terminate it nor delete it with its folder. Something told me "This has something to do with that "explorer.exe").

Then I googled a bit and I found a working solution: reboot the system in Safe Mode. I acquired property of that folder and... bye bye!

I've also deleted manually all the registry keys referring to that malware. After rebooting, that second "explorer.exe" went away.

You would ask me: don't you have an antivirus installed? No, I don't have since 10000000+ kind of antiviruses exist on the net and none is a real antivirus or some of those bring hidden viruses with them.

Since the 00's I have had Norton, Panda, Avast, Avira, McAfee, Microsoft Security Essentials and the main problem always were the updates. Plus, they slowdown the OS performance. And... let's not forget about false detections, which is the biggest limit of an antivirus because you can alter its parameters.

I just have SpyHunter for a scansion, then I do the cop.

When I have a browser hijacker or adware, I also delete some files on the browser folder (and registry keys), the browser gets reset and it is again ready to use normally.

So, after all this, I want to suggest you: if you don't find the malware on "Uninstall Programs" panel itself, you could try to detect it in AppData folder (it is somewhere, always), then "seek and destroy"!

Otherwise, if you aren't an experienced/advanced user, you still have system image restore.

When these situations do happen, I always think on how much "funny" those russian, chinese, indian, turkish, etc, hackers are...
    Last edited by Marco; 28-11-2018 at 15:19.

*Cadis Etrama Di Raizel*
    Nvidia GeForce Experience is actually pretty good if you want to have recordings at 60 fps. Quality can be adjusted too for users' convenience. Found no issues so far
    [Rocketers] Sandy

~-[:42 A'dam Elite:]-~ *SANDY*

Thread Information