Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Good news everyone !!

The event has begun !!

There are 9 servers created for each game
    3 servers for different configuration:

SP - single play (max 1 player)
    DP - dual play (max 2 players)
    TP - team play (max all players)

This way you can choose to play alone or in a group
    After all - monsters count too someone might not want to share them..
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

I was part of those players who 'opened' the Rocket Mania run at day one.

It was a disaster for me.

First of all, I joined the server 8, Single Player starting at Suburbs and I had no luck at all. 0 markys collected in most than 1 hour. And then I had to quit because server required reconnect (I also had this later, at Hatshepsut dual players server). Maybe server was unstable due to my lags (2 out of 3 my brothers were connected to the internet, plus one of them had very loud music on and I heard nothing from Sam, even with my earphones).

And, another problem I'll post here for Ostap. After reconnect, all single player servers switched from 0/2 to 0/1 and I was unable to join them again:

Initializing TCP/IP...
    opening as client
    winsock opened ok
    getting local addresses
    [...]
    port: 20120
    opened socket:
    Joining session at: '138.201.82.138'
    Cannot join game:
    Disconnected: Server full!

Initializing TCP/IP...
    opening as client
    winsock opened ok
    getting local addresses
    [...]
    port: 11060
    opened socket:
    Joining session at: '138.201.82.138'
    Cannot join game:
    Disconnected: Server full!
    I also had 2 more reconnects on Hatshepsut, due to a server reebot after about 56 mins first, and an F9 reconnect because my laptop went into hibernation.
    This is a problem on my side, because I use a charger from my old Samsung RV-520 (that I have no longer) plugged on a very old HP Pavilion Dv6-1223sl with an adapter. It works only through electrical contact between the metallic parts inside.... and sometimes it gets disconnected.
    As many of you know, batteries on old HP Pavilion series (but also ProBook ones I say) have a low life and don't charge anymore after a while. So here is my second reconnect.

At third time I tried Hatshepsut on dual players server, I've got 1 hour 30 mins (look at the statistics) to collect those bastard markys "Everest 1" and "Everest 2". Total, 901 suicides (without counting the first session at Suburbs). I'm already the most unlucky player of this tournament.
    Ah, and this time I also had very much frame rate drops especially when I had to collect the markys I talked about above. And more net lags that occurred because of unauthorized players joined the server and got kicked.
    I kept playing even if I was tired and finally I was able to get 13 out of 14 markys on Hatsheput Temple.

I'll perform Sand Canyon today.

Name:  RocketMania_Stats1.png
Views: 0
Size:  28.4 KB

I have 1 Death by Monster here because of a stupid lighting bolt that caused a temporary blackout. I watched the demo and it seems the death was caused by an insignificant frog.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

I have 1 Death by Monster here because of a stupid lighting bolt that caused a temporary blackout. I watched the demo and it seems the death was caused by an insignificant frog.
    Yep ... just a frog

Name:  20180811UT74LOBB.png
Size:  27.7 KB

(I was wondering about this, since I didn't remember I was killed by any monster; also checked my log and I had no death by monster. I stopped the game immediately when I had blackout, but I don't understand why my profile kept logged online for about 40 secs - 1 min...)
    Game bug - depends on how you exit
    Happens often when you just close gaming window (pressing the close button) ... this is hard exit - and seems that client does not notify server its about to exit. connection will hang active for few minutes (this is why sometime you got message - "player bla bla already in game")

Blocked map issue has been fixed for maps (oasis, karnak ...)

Was an old bug left by ZCaliptium ... weird that nobody noticed it.
    Coz the bug was present for about 2 years....

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    Blocked map issue has been fixed for maps (oasis, karnak ...)

Was an old bug left by ZCaliptium ... weird that nobody noticed it.
    Coz the bug was present for about 2 years....

I noticed it only when I played Oasis and Dunes last week. I've also found the backpack bug on Russian Federation server (tried there because I wanted to go out of the map). I didn't write it before because I've seen some reportings on the column of messages to Admin (stats page), so I thought you were already working to fix that.

Hi everyone

Just a short round up after 2 weeks of event:

Well - all goes fine ...better than expected...
    There were couple of issues with registration at the start ...- fixed and everyone is up and running.

Scores :
    Hehe... yea when i asked to share any found vulnerabilities - i never ment just go ahead and use them
    anyway ... - found and removed. ...

As some players already noticed - collecting marks multiple times - no longer works.
    Scores are adjusted and are correct now.

For the next 2 weeks - I wish good luck to all participants !!!
    Blow them monsters apart !!
    Last edited by Ostap; 16-08-2018 at 22:46.

As some players already noticed - collecting marks multiple times - no longer works.
    Scores are adjusted and are correct now.
    That means?

1) When you collect the same marky many times during same game?

2) When you collect the same marky after an f9?

3) When you collect the same marky after restarting the map by using its proper command?

If:

1) I did it once, maybe at Valley of The Kings or Hatshepsut. When I collected the first marky again, the counter was right and server message told me again "This is the 1st mark out of...";

2) When I have to do an F9 (sometimes my ping goes crazy after a while...), I learnt to collect the same marky after anotherone I didn't collect before F9. Sometimes happened that I re-collected again the same marky without collecting a new one before, and it disappeared and however it didn't count as collected: server message said only "Gold Heart".

3) Sometimes I restart the map because I don't want to be killed by monsters at easy/stupid points. I collect the same markys again, but not for markys score (this also for point 2). I would perform a game without being killed by monsters at least on the first 6-7 maps. I already had too many suicides, and death by monsters decrease a bit more the general score (if I remember fine... otherwise, post again the method for score calculating). Forgive me for this, I'm a beginner in rocket jumping and in playing Serious coop online with unstable ping (even if I do that since a while on SE, but... 0 items collected on NO HOPE LEFT).

Anyway, restarting the map by the command @map is better than do F9 because you can kill all the monsters when you retry again.

Blow them monsters apart !!
    Should we stop collect markys then? Or are there other players who don't kill the monsters?

That means?

1) When you collect the same marky many times during same game?

2) When you collect the same marky after an f9?

3) When you collect the same marky after restarting the map by using its proper command?

1 mark per game ...
    if you F9... thats another game (you also loose your position)

I know ...you can still play many games...
    Thats what some players are up to now

Well - this is how the rules were defined...for this event.
    And for this event - they will stay as defined.
    Next time - better.

Should we stop collect markys then? Or are there other players who don't kill the monsters?
    Markys cost more than monsters
    but still - up to 50% of main score (if you get them all ...monsters)

Try what sniper does ...
    he can run Hatshepsut in just above 3 minutes. 12 out of 14 marks collected

---------- Post added 20-08-2018 at 21:06 ----------

my bad

under 3 minutes

Name:  20180820dmI4GbBq.png
Size:  45.6 KB
    Last edited by Ostap; 20-08-2018 at 22:47.

One week to go

Short round up

• - Flex - were banned for out of map - but after checking the demo - it was not on purpose.
    • - Supersniper98 - jumped over everyone in FE and SE and still leading player in both games
    • - Maksimka - even after a week of inactivity - still at second place on FE
    • - Old - passed Flex for the first time
    • - Ку

The most played time - still belongs to Old - 4 days 5 hours 40 minutes
    Followed by Maksimka - 4d-3h-17m
    Last edited by Ostap; 25-08-2018 at 05:11.

Hi Everyone

Less than 2 days left of the event.
    Winners are almost in sight

For all those who was left aside or missed the registration for the event
    Today and tomorrow - will be day of "open doors" - all event servers are open to everyone. (though statistics still only for participants)

Well
    All good things do come to end.

The first ever jumping event has ended and we have now real winners.
    But ... it is friday ...so final results will be announced tomorrow (with a clear head )

Attachment 6342

Rocket Mania 2018 Results:

Final winners:

FE:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1st - Supersniper98 (2,419 collected markys and total score of 60,000 points)
    2nd - Maksimka (2,442 collected markys and total score of 49,494 points)
    3rd - Player 666 (1,247 collected markys and total score of 28,061 points)

SE:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1st - Supersniper98 (3,082 collected markys and total score of 100,001 points)
    2nd - Old (3,196 collected markys and total score of 92,301 points)
    3rd - flex (2,551 collected markys and total score of 73,688 points)

Longest played time:
    1st - SE - Old - 5 days 13:25:28
    2nd - FE - Maksimka - 4 days 07:31:37
    3rd - SE - flex - 3 days 11:44:09
    Last edited by Ostap; 02-09-2018 at 14:52.

i liked it ostap , i didnt play a lot , but wen i did supersniper and 666 were often playing , very often , old and flex i must say i didnt notice , thanks was cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tiho View Post
    i liked it ostap , i didnt play a lot , but wen i did supersniper and 666 were often playing , very often , old and flex i must say i didnt notice , thanks was cool
    Thanx !! it was fun creating it
    Eventually - there will be a jumping server with the same stats as in event.
    After all - why waste it ? ... Robert and Anton spent weeks placing those marks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information