Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.

Creating your own server!

Creating your own server visible for other players around the world

All credits goes to Angelo: original post

So here I am going to explain how to do it:

First, you have to make sure your ports are forwarded. I found a little tool to do it for 1.05 servers, cuase they are TCP ports. These can be easily trackable using this tool. If you want to setup a 1.07 server you need to skip this alinea. First start your server, switch back to Windows and enter the port 25600 into the text box and press [ENTER]. If it says something like "Success: I can see your service on ***.**.**.*** on port (25600)" or anything like that, you won't have to setup anything and you can just start your server. If it says "We could not connect to your server on port 25600", goto the next step.

So you either have port 25600 closed or you have a 1.07 server and you can't check? Well, first goto this website and click the router you have. Now click on START -> RUN and type CMD and press [ENTER]. Now a little black screen pops up. Now type "IPCONFIG" and press [ENTER]. You will see something like Standard-Gateway. Copy and paste that IP into your Internet browser, and goto that sort of website. Now go back to the portforwarding site where u clicked on your router, and follow the tutorial. You will need to add port 25600 TCP, 25600 UDP, 25601 TCP, 25601 UDP. And if you are running on 1.08 you might also want to open 5000 TCP for the AutoDownloader server.

Optionally: Make sure your local computer firewall is either turned off OR the ports unblocked.

So there you go. You now have a server of everybody to see.

Notice that 1 player in the server uses 10 kBps of your upload connection. So you can count on it like this:

Upload Speed | Maximum players
    50 kBps | 5
    100 kBps | 10
    120 kBps | 12
    160 kBps | 16

etc. That means: net speed / 10 = maximum players. (This is in my experiences, 10 kBps up per player.)

If you have more than 5 players when you have 50 kBps upload speed, the kBps upload will be balanced across the whole connection speed = lag thus high pings.

So I hope this helped you. If it did, please give me some rep, thanks

Tips:
    If you can, run your server on 1.07 instead of 1.05. Why? Read here

this shit dosnt work...

True, if you got bad i-net provider service as I have ... but it works the other providers, tested.

Yeah it doesn't work with my router.

Do you have some kind of other tutorial how to start visible server? I remember when killer mess with it and success!

Minor Addition:

How to unblock ports required for the game (Windows 7 Variant)

1 - Open Control Panel
    2 - Click on "Network and Sharing Center"
    3 - On the left bottom side - Click "Windows Firewall"
    4 - On the left side - click "Advanced settings"
    5 - On the left side - select and then right click "Inbound Rules" => New Rule....

specifying program seems doesnt work allways - so better just create port range..

Name:  firewall_1.png
Views: 111
Size:  37.0 KB

Select TCP (please note: game require both types TCP & UDP type of ports - you will have to repeat all this operation for the UDP type)
    Name:  firewall_2.png
Views: 107
Size:  36.0 KB

Check "Allow Connection" (default)

Name:  firewall_3.png
Views: 109
Size:  40.8 KB

leave those as-is ...

Name:  firewall_4.png
Views: 105
Size:  36.6 KB

Give some name to your new rule

Name:  firewall_5.png
Views: 112
Size:  28.2 KB

Done
    (dont forget to repeat it for UDP)
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

ow ... and when you forwarding ports in your router ...
    as well - forward both TCP & UDP ...
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Thread Information