Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fix42 Mod ....

Fix42 Mod ....

For anyone interested
    there is source code of Fix42 mod available - https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/dow...do=file&id=439

I hopped "Vitek" would add it to the "FE Plus" ...but it seems he abandoned his project..
    anyway ... there are still lots of useful functions...
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    For anyone interested
    there is source code of Fix42 mod available - https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/dow...do=file&id=439

I hopped "Vitek" would add it to the "FE Plus" ...but it seems he abandoned his project..
    anyway ... there are still lots of useful functions...
    Just downloaded this today and tested it in a frag server.

It seems it has interesting features.

But this mod deleted frags/deaths messages on the console. In the ReadMe it is written that it adds an additional log for frags, but I can't find this log...

I'll update this post if I figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    But this mod deleted frags/deaths messages on the console. In the ReadMe it is written that it adds an additional log for frags, but I can't find this log...

I'll update this post if I figure out.
    not exactly ...
    It is optional ... - use the fix42_iShowKillMessages parameter to enable/disable the old console messages

and that additional log - is not in console - but an OSD message (On Screen Display)

Name:  20170726982mgF3S.png
Views: 0
Size:  194.6 KB

not exactly ...
    It is optional ... - use the fix42_iShowKillMessages parameter to enable/disable the old console messages

and that additional log - is not in console - but an OSD message (On Screen Display)

Name:  20170726982mgF3S.png
Size:  194.6 KB
    Thanks a lot, it helped. Even if in coop, messages like "Igrok 1 is riding the gun again" are still not shown.

Also, I've noticed that it hasn't an auto-screenshooting script when you have 49 frags out of 50 or 29 frags out of 30 in a deathmatch. Unfortunately I don't know anything about coding, otherwise I would try using the source code to add that script.

However I used this yesterday for even playing coop and I was able to play Ziggurat, Elephant Atrium and Gilgamesh Courtyards continuously without having any bad syncs even if I had aim flickering due to lag (but I've always experienced this ingame). Today I should try Citadel, another map where I have this problem.

"Igrok 1 is riding the gun again" are still not shown.
    True - all of those are removed
    You want them back ?

Also, I've noticed that it hasn't an auto-screenshooting script when you have 49 frags out of 50 or 29 frags out of 30 in a deathmatch. Unfortunately I don't know anything about coding, otherwise I would try using the source code to add that script.
    An auto screenshooting ... you say ...
    ...at the end of the game (time or score)....you've continued...
    thats a nice idea ... !!!
    I'm totally adding this !

I used this yesterday for even playing coop and I was able to play Ziggurat, Elephant Atrium and Gilgamesh Courtyards continuously without having any bad syncs even if I had aim flickering due to lag (but I've always experienced this ingame).
    Sorry cannot confirm here - I never attempted to improve network...just the visual side
    If you had lesser bad syncs - that's just the network ...not the Fix42...sorry

---------- Post added 04-08-2018 at 00:09 ----------

I'm totally adding this !
    actually - why not take a screenshot on every frag ?
    Last edited by Ostap; 04-08-2018 at 01:14.

True - all of those are removed
    You want them back ?
    Yes, I don't get why messages like "Swashed" or "Stood in the sun for too long" (besides that one quoted on the previous post) should disappear...

I'm totally adding this
    Some years ago, on a website which now is.... "forbidden", I found a dll's zip called "No Lag Script With Autoscreen". It was made to remove screen stuttering under 54ms ping (I would like to test this, but I've never found a server in which I could ping so low... so, I have no idea what screen stuttering under 54ms ingame is...) and it added an autoscreenshooting function when you have only one frag remaining. The coder for those dll's was named "Politician".

Btw, it was you the author of this fix42mod? I thought it was that guy "Vitek" that you quoted in the first post.

Well, so, it could be nice if the autoscreenshooting function would work only when you reach the final score or you are 1st classified at the end of a deathmatch which has timelimit but no fraglimit.

Sorry cannot confirm here - I never attempted to improve network...just the visual side
    If you had lesser bad syncs - that's just the network ...not the Fix42...sorry
    It's 100% dll's issue. Tested.

This is on Hunting Grounds with Politician's dlls:

Name:  Bad_Syncs_HuntingGrounds.jpg
Size:  199.2 KB

And this is from the clean folder that has 2002 dll's and needs ISO in order to start the game:

Name:  Bad_Syncs_RusFed.jpg
Size:  147.7 KB

A strange thing I've noticed: when I put 2002 dll's under the folder which had Politician's dlls first and Fix42 later (by replacing them; check for my game on Hunting Grounds with "Marco - 2002 dll's" or so) game was running fine and I didn't have bad synicing.

So, about no network improvement you are right; but I mean that the problem is the mismatching dll's between client and server (EntitiesMP and GameMP).

Here some stresstests with Fix42Mod 4 days ago, still on Hunting Grounds:

Name:  HuntingGrounds_Fix42Mod.jpg
Size:  194.7 KB

Name:  HuntingGrounds_Fix42Mod_2.jpg
Size:  261.8 KB

I pressed 4-5 times F11 but I took only these 2 screens because of frame rate. Played for a while and no bad syncs.

About frame rate drops, I found a solution for this: set Sam priority to low and only 1 CPU out of 2.

---------- Post added 04-08-2018 at 00:09 ----------

actually - why not take a screenshot on every frag ?
    No, for every frag it doesn't make sense. There are frag movies for them.
    Last edited by Marco; 08-08-2018 at 12:34.

Maybe it is too early for saying it, but last evening I've got this message:

Name:  FinallyGoodSyncs.jpg
Size:  318.1 KB

Congrats !

Though - you do understand that this message is just a jock ... to counter count the constant "bad sync" messages...

But - i've not seen you in the list of people with bad sync for some while:

Name:  2018100980DgUhv6.jpg
Size:  176.4 KB

Congrats !

Though - you do understand that this message is just a jock ... to counter count the constant "bad sync" messages...

But - i've not seen you in the list of people with bad sync for some while:

Name:  2018100980DgUhv6.jpg
Size:  176.4 KB
    While I'm still trying to figure out how I got rid of the storm I was in the middle of, this morning, I have to inform you that last night I had bad syncs because of a speedrunner: TOMMEK from Germany...

I was playing City of The Gods at Co-op 06, Normal difficulty, all was going fine. When this guy joined and skipped the map, I started to have bad syncs after loading Serpent Yards...

Btw, I missed this reply you posted 20 days ago.

On the other hand, I would propose a few changes for the mod. The problem is these changes would affect both server and client side... But first I will add some thoughts about current score system.

*A thing I'd like to do was to add a new score system for deathmatch: when Player A has 49 frags and 10 deaths, he/she should lead the game ranking and not an opponent which has more deaths.
    With the old Croteam system, instead, Player B can win the game if he reaches 50 frags even if he died 60 times (obviously if Player A remains at 49; but Player B has not 50 actual points)!
    The problem is how to establish criteria for increasing the score. A death could lock the score with a proportion of 1 death out of 3 frags or 1 out of 5.
    For example, if Player A has 5 frags and 1 death (without starting any kill series) he/she can lead scoreboard with 5 points. But if he/she gets fragged once again, he/she has to kill 3 or 5 opponents in a row without dying to get the 6th point. Obviously a suicide means -1 point.
    I don't exactly know how did it work on Quake Live, but players with the same frags had different scores because of deaths and suicides.

The scheme on HUD should be:

"Player A |Score|" the Player list you see at top right corner of the screen. And a toggle on/off scoreboard which shows "Player A |Score| |K / D / Sui|".

And for kill series: double-triple-multi kill, killing spree, rampage, dominating, etc, a bonus should be added for increasing the score much faster.

Double kill--> +2 extra points;
    Triple kill--> +3 extra points;
    Quad kill/Multi kill--> +4 extra points;
    Killing Spree--> +5 extra points;
    Rampage--> +6 extra points (not 10, or else it is OP!!)
    Dominating--> +7 extra points;
    Unstoppable--> +8 extra points;
    Godlike--> +9 extra points;
    Wicked Sick--> +10 extra points.

And when a player gets fragged after a kill series, some extra points should be removed for balancing the score:

Double kill, Triple kill--> -1 point;
    Quad kill/Multi kill, Killing Spree--> -2 points;
    Rampage, Dominating--> -3 points
    Unstoppable, Godlike--> -4 points;
    Wicked Sick--> -5 points.

The removed points must be added to that player who stops the opponent's kill series.
    Player A has 5 frags and 0 deaths. Since he/she is on a killing spree, he/she gets +5 extra points. Player B has 0-5 with a score of 0. Now B should kill Player C and/or Player D 3 or 5 times (I suggest a proportion of 1 out of 3) to get 1 st point. But if he/she kills Player A, he/she will get 2 extra points, having a score of 2.*

Don't count this as a real proposal: it is difficult to code it, criteria are not very clear... and if you do it, I should pay you for that!

But there are 2 simple things and one less simple which could be added:

- Remove Biomechanoid (We Got Skulls and Bones Too) and Santa (Yodeller) from frags count: I don't want to totally remove them (and it would be enough Serious Editor for that), but I wish they don't count as a frag. Santa is an entity that gives you bonuses (mainly supers and powerups), not a player. Same for Biomechanoid, which is actually a trap like cannons or underground rockets on that map.

- FOV increasing, like it was on 1.50 patch. As far as I know, FOV in deathmatch, in normal 1.05-1.07 is forced to 90 degrees even if you set a different value (I found this somewhere inside the sdk...). In 1.50 patch this code part was removed and you were free to set a FOV higher than 90 degrees.

- An experimental functionality which makes cannonball acting as it was a grenade: exploding when hitting a player, with a total damage of 185-190. The problem is I checked the cannonball properties on source code several months ago and it was damn complicated. I remember something like 13 explosions...

I know it is pointless to write these things in 2018. This game should have to be balanced like that in 2002-2003, even with lower weapon damages (which I won't write about) and custom maps inside the official patches. But everyone of us know how Croteam treats its own games and community.

*I wrote that stuff about the score anyway, because I want to know your opinions and what would you change of that proposal and if you would add it on Fix42.

New version of Fix42 Released - 11.3

with minor bug fixes (fixed crash for some russian users)
    plus extra parameter fix42_iShowCrossHairWhenFlying added for crosshair when in detached observer mode
    Last edited by Ostap; 02-12-2018 at 18:40.

New version Fix42 released - 11.4

with fixed OSD (On screen Display) messages disabled while playing Demo.
    Those are disabled ...so they wont get stuck when map changes.

Good news everyone

New version of Fix42 is released !!!

https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/dow...do=file&id=437

Changes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    11.5 version - show player name in current window option added (to easily identify who's playing)

Name:  01dc31ab.png
Size:  678.3 KB

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12.0 version - Fix42 is now tethered with 42 servers and able to do many things
    for now - those are implemented:

1. Teleportation - command @goto added ...(please use @index command to get the player index)

Name:  cb273d15.png
Size:  813.6 KB
    2. Bad sync ....FINALLY !!! ... is fixed (function is experimental but works fine so far) -
      now on first bad sync - server will send local data to client in order to re-sync

Name:  676901ac.png
Size:  70.8 KB

For anyone interested - code is also available for download at - https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/dow...do=file&id=439

Note:

• Teleportation will only work when all players in the game have Fix42 mod present ....otherwise its disabled
    • Re-Sync option ...available only to Fix42 clients as well ...but not required for everyone to have (re-sync is sent personally)
    Last edited by Ostap; 08-02-2019 at 23:55.

bad news everyone ...

last changes - caused bunch of bad sync for other players

All new functionality of Fix42 is disabled for now

Good news everyone...

New version of Fix42 released ! (available here: https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/dow...do=file&id=437)

Changes List:

Players list displayed only once on multiple open observer windows

Name:  94aa7d1f.png
Size:  620.5 KB

Server names coloring is enabled (SeriousSam.exe)
    (if you had SeriousSam.exe with patched Master Server - after replacement you might not see the servers list - therefore an patched Engine.dll is included in this version)

Name:  7c718667.png
Size:  300.5 KB

Anyone with ultra wide monitor - will be glad to use this version:
    21/9 aspect ratio added to the resolutions list - as well anyone with 4K monitors - will be able to select a correct resolution

Name:  16109c9c.png
Size:  217.9 KB

Note: - Croteam adapter enumeration does not deliver a complete list of supported resolutions...
    So if anyone will have their resolution missing in the list - please let me know - I'll add them.

More network settings added (if someone still missing it)

Name:  99db5274.png
Size:  245.3 KB

For anyone hosting server and willing to make use of colored server names there is fixed DedicatedServer.exe
    This version will post undecorated server names to clients. Clients without Fix42 mod - will see names as before - undecorated
    DedicateServer.exe is build on Alex[Rocketeers] code that include multi-master server options.
    (more info here: https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/dow...do=file&id=423)

For anyone willing to change more - there is source as well with 2 more projects added (serioussam.exe & dedicatedserver.exe)

https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/dow...do=file&id=439
    Last edited by Ostap; 17-03-2019 at 16:57.

Good news everyone !!

New version of Fix42 is out : https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/dow...do=file&id=437

And this time there is something cool
    The new and mighty MAD system !! - Map Auto Download ...........TA DAAA !!!

Name:  2894d556.png
Size:  4.4 KB

Now you can play on any server with custom maps without downloading them - that'll be done automatically for you
    System will even work on other servers as long map is in 42amsterdam repository.

Name:  0d52c7f3.png
Size:  207.7 KB

After map is downloaded - you'll simply proceed with connection to the server. no reboot required.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information