Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fix42 Mod ....

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    Good news everyone !!

New version of Fix42 is out : https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/dow...do=file&id=437

And this time there is something cool
    The new and mighty MAD system !! - Map Auto Download ...........TA DAAA !!!

Attachment 6599

Now you can play on any server with custom maps without downloading them - that'll be done automatically for you
    System will even work on other servers as long map is in 42amsterdam repository.

Attachment 6600

After map is downloaded - you'll simply proceed with connection to the server. no reboot required.
    A Quake 3's feature has finally landed to Serious Sam!!!

If only Croteam did put this in 2001-2002.... Gamers would have played custom maps in deathmatch. Until 2-3 years ago I didn't even know about the existence of Shotty Tomb, Courtyard, Frag Arena, Alnitak, Big Trouble and hundred more maps for both FE and SE!!

Now I don't want to discuss this here, but one reason (not the main, nor the only one), one of thousand reasons why did Serious Sam die was in my opinion the poor variety of played maps, because almost no one downloaded the new ones (except for Shotty Trouble and Shotty Complex) during the past 14 years.

Thank you Ostap , even if it is late for adding this in 2019.

Version 16.2 is out ( https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/dow...do=file&id=437 )
    If anybody had flickering screen after downloading map - there is a fix for it

Map is downloaded before engine would check for its existence - therefor whole process is more fluent now (no re-connects when file missing)
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Version 16.2 is out
    It is the first time for me to see main menu interface, with smaller fonts which don't arrive on the bottom, like this:

Name:  SeriousSam 2019-04-20 11-18-47-39.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  261.7 KB

But there is something to fix on other graphic interfaces:

Name:  SeriousSam 2019-04-20 11-18-05-22.jpg
Size:  269.8 KB

Here I can't set "Bits per Pixel" option. Secondly, my Windows resolution panel says my monitor can handle 1280x1024 resolution (I have set this on desktop in fact).

It is an old SamTron 75EM I have since 2000-01, that's why I'm on 4:3. But the graphic glitch also happens with 16:9 resolutions.

Here I set 1024x768 because it is the only max/high resolution present on 4:3 list that fits my monitor. Other higher resolutions (1152x864 and 1280x960 I guess) give me lateral black borders.

Also, look at connection description here:

Name:  SeriousSam 2019-04-20 11-20-00-09.jpg
Size:  247.2 KB

Menu options must be placed a bit lower than netsettings info.

How do resolution infos work on Sam? If it is not that complex, I could add more resolutions myself.

shithappens
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Menu options must be placed a bit lower than netsettings info.
    Hi Marco, why don't you add whatever is in these parentheses on a separate line in the .des file so that it is only visible when you hover your mouse over it in the network setting selection menu??? and this problem will be history)

Quote Originally Posted by Supersniper98 View Post
    Hi Marco, why don't you add whatever is in these parentheses on a separate line in the .des file so that it is only visible when you hover your mouse over it in the network setting selection menu??? and this problem will be history)
    Heh, I wrote it badly. I meant in pause menu, not in connection selection. That screen has been taken while I was on a Co-op server. Look at both previous screens above: main menu and pause menu. Those options appear to be too much attached on the top, they must be centered.

Then, I was looking for resolution scripts... nothing, they must have been included inside the exe or inside dlls. Maybe just adding 1280x1024 to 4:3/16:9 resolutions (inside SeriousSam.exe or its dlls) could solve the issue, or I can make another try by setting Windows resolution to 1024x768 (even if desktop would appear uglier then). Ostap added 21:9 resolutions to this patch, thats why I was asking about adding 1280x1024, that is absent on 4:3 and 16:9 modes.

And happy Easter to all, I don't know if Bulgarian/Greek is different (you guys are orthodox there). But whatever, happy Easter anyway.

EDIT: Changing Windows resolution didn't solve the issue. Another example when starting a local game:

Name:  SeriousSam 2019-04-21 11-16-28-96.jpg
Size:  240.8 KB

PS: Connection selection and "Game Options" while configuring a local session are well shown:

Name:  SeriousSam 2019-04-21 11-21-17-65.jpg
Size:  261.6 KB

Name:  SeriousSam 2019-04-21 11-21-41-99.jpg
Size:  252.6 KB
    Last edited by Marco; 21-04-2019 at 11:25. Reason: Adding more details

Yea in some resolutions ...centering gets screwed a bit ...
    I'll fix it

shithappens
    Heh, I wrote it badly. I meant in pause menu, not in connection selection. That screen has been taken while I was on a Co-op server.
    But that is what i meant, hide this so it is only visible in the Connection Selection menu and not in the pause menu by adding it to the next line in the .des file

And happy Easter to all, I don't know if Bulgarian/Greek is different (you guys are orthodox there). But whatever, happy Easter anyway.
    Yea happy easter... here it is next week

But that is what i meant, hide this so it is only visible in the Connection Selection menu and not in the pause menu by adding it to the next line in the .des file

Ok, tried this and it is perfectly doable and it works. Just 2 problems came out:

- On netscripts choosing menu, netscript's name has been replaced by a <none>;

- It is true a too long name will not be shown anymore in pause menu; but if I do this with multiple connections, later on I couldn't see the script I'm using.

e.g.: I start having lags or spikes and I want to change script (it is more than one year I don't do it anymore). If I rename a multiple scripts with an empty space, I should hover my mouse at every time, to read what screen I'm looking for. The solution would be to rename it with a shorten name and it's over.

The long name script shown on that screen was for sharing purposes once I will upload it in dowload section, and I forgot to rename it.

However, althought this doesn't affect gameplay, menu's options still have to be centered better, because it is horrible to see (not for me, but for people who carefully look at every single graphic detail on a game).

Yea happy easter... here it is next week
    Xaxaxa) I'm lucky with this: last monday our priest was celebrating a mass for St. Stephen (I'm a protector of that saint), which concides with Easter Monday (it is called "Angel's Monday" or "Monday of Angel" in italian, make your own choice about the correct form; translater uses Easter Monday, like in sardinian btw), and lastly he said "Next sunday is the SECOND Easter' sunday". So we can exchange SYNCRO Easter's best wishes directly on sunday!

shithappens
    - On netscripts choosing menu, netscript's name has been replaced by a <none>;
    Yes I did not say to put the entire name on a new line... only a part of it, so that it does not clip with the menu in-game... like that for example:

Name:  1.png
Size:  8.6 KB

Name:  2.png
Size:  421.1 KB

- It is true a too long name will not be shown anymore in pause menu; but if I do this with multiple connections, later on I couldn't see the script I'm using.

e.g.: I start having lags or spikes and I want to change script (it is more than one year I don't do it anymore). If I rename a multiple scripts with an empty space, I should hover my mouse at every time, to read what screen I'm looking for. The solution would be to rename it with a shorten name and it's over.
    You should bind those settings to a button or make a script to switch between them etc...

The long name script shown on that screen was for sharing purposes once I will upload it in dowload section, and I forgot to rename it.
    I gave up on making connection settings long ago... I can now simply spam enter when I connect.... all of my settings are already saved in PersistentSymbols.ini.... if there is a need to change something I use a few buttons (prediction, prediction steps, buffer)

Xaxaxa) I'm lucky with this: last monday our priest was celebrating a mass for St. Stephen (I'm a protector of that saint), which concides with Easter Monday (it is called "Angel's Monday" or "Monday of Angel" in italian, make your own choice about the correct form; translater uses Easter Monday, like in sardinian btw), and lastly he said "Next sunday is the SECOND Easter' sunday". So we can exchange SYNCRO Easter's best wishes directly on sunday!
    uh don't know..... I am not a very religious person... I don't go that night to the church as well... coz over here in my region that is highly dangerous... so many situations where people got injured by stupid bombs/fireworks etc... and also it is boring lolo
    Last edited by Supersniper98; 25-04-2019 at 15:30. Reason: The photos got uploaded, thanks Ostap

Yes I did not say to put the entire name on a new line... only a part of it, so that it does not clip with the menu in-game... like that for example:

Name:  1.png
Size:  8.6 KB

You should bind those settings to a button or make a script to switch between them etc...

I gave up on making connection settings long ago... I can now simply spam enter when I connect.... all of my settings are already saved in PersistentSymbols.ini.... if there is a need to change something I use a few buttons (prediction, prediction steps, buffer)
    Yes, I see that.

Ok, by editing the ".ctl" (don't remember if Common.ctl or System.ctl) inside the "Controls" folder.

Name:  2.png
Size:  421.1 KB
    STM fonts?

uh don't know..... I am not a very religious person... I don't go that night to the church as well... coz over here in my region that is highly dangerous... so many situations where people got injured by stupid bombs/fireworks etc... and also it is boring lolo
    No. When we wish "happy Easter" to each other, we mean the "laic" way you spend both days: example, those german, french, spanish (and some czech lastly) tourists who travel here in Sardinia to take photos and also take a tour around for visiting our mountains, our countrysides, museums, etc... or just having the classic Easter lunch by eating a roasted lamb.

I'm not on a confraternity anymore since 2008, so I don't go Via Crucis, Easter Procession, Christmas mass at midnight anymore... St. Stephen and few other events (weddings, funerals, baptisms, masses celebrated in memory of our loved ones.. a few times per year) are the only circumstances I go to church, don't get me as a fanatical catechist. xD

So in your zone the "fireworks" tradition does happen at around Easter? Or are you talking about their general use during New Year events, etc?

In Italy, every year at december 31st, police seize huge amount of illegal fireworks... but injuries and accidents still happen.

shithappens
    Ok, by editing the ".ctl" (don't remember if Common.ctl or System.ctl) inside the "Controls" folder.
    Yes it is Controls\System\Common.ctl for keybinds and Scripts\Commands for scripts that can be executed as in-game commands... there is a limit to them... but I have managed to create a lot of things just by experimenting)) for example a calculator, a chatlog... a timer etc

STM fonts?
    Yes, old STM fonts

So in your zone the "fireworks" tradition does happen at around Easter?
    Yep, even more than in New Year because people here are so "religious" or whatever... I am pretty sure accidents here happen in some place every single year

Version 16.3 is out - (https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/dow...do=file&id=437)

Fixed observer speed control and added actual speed to the display
    As well - this version fixed crash in FE on Russian version of Sam
    Last edited by Ostap; 06-07-2019 at 12:01.

Good news everyone

New version of Fix42 is released !!!

https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/dow...do=file&id=437

Changes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    11.5 version - show player name in current window option added (to easily identify who's playing)

Attachment 6576

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12.0 version - Fix42 is now tethered with 42 servers and able to do many things
    for now - those are implemented:

[LIST=1][*]Teleportation - command @goto added ...(please use @index command to get the player index)

Attachment 6578
    Sorry, Ostap, I didn't check at the options, but... Is there a way to disable the ID player at least in Deathmatch? In DM selected player's name or his/her score is blue/green colored and the otherones are white. So this function could be used only on Cooperative.

EDIT: Aaaand... Why not add Killing Spree/Rampage etc.. messages during a demo? It would be nice.

Sorry, Ostap, I didn't check at the options, but... Is there a way to disable the ID player at least in Deathmatch? In DM selected player's name or his/her score is blue/green colored and the otherones are white. So this function could be used only on Cooperative.

EDIT: Aaaand... Why not add Killing Spree/Rampage etc.. messages during a demo? It would be nice.
    there is "fix42_iShowCurrentPlayerName"

---------- Post added 19-08-2019 at 18:42 ----------

Aaaand... Why not add Killing Spree/Rampage etc.. messages during a demo? It would be nice.
    Already thought about it - might be a good idea
    I'll check into it - i still have old RF mode somewhere - with all the code from Politician that made it available

Already thought about it - might be a good idea
    I'll check into it - i still have old RF mode somewhere - with all the code from Politician that made it available
    I noticed RF sounds are not heard. You may have added a name and it is only for you. This is a bug on RF server...
    Some time ago I made my version of sound system. I edited the script on RF for server statistic. I stopped the statistics and activity report parameter in response to the server and replaced it with audio. There was an Angelo page for statistics ... The game scored 5 points for this or that .. -5 points for suicide .. And some points for revenge.

Old video https://cloud.mail.ru/public/KnMR/R9VE5M3jV

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information