Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hotkey to stop the game:

Navigate to:X:\\Croteam\SeriousSamTSE\Controls\System and open file Common.ctl with any text editor!

Copy these lines into that .ctl file:

Code:
    Button
     Name: Quit game
     Key1: End
     Key2: None
     Pressed:  quit();
     Released:
    Save document!

"End" can replace it with any key that suits you!

ENJOY!

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Hotkey to stop the game:

Navigate to:X:\\Croteam\SeriousSamTSE\Controls\System and open file Common.ctl with any text editor!

Copy these lines into that .ctl file:

Code:
    Button
     Name: Quit game
     Key1: End
     Key2: None
     Pressed:  quit();
     Released:
    Save document!

"End" can replace it with any key that suits you!

ENJOY!
    Nice, good for ragequit

Nice nice

Quote Originally Posted by Evolta View Post
    you invented this
    I played with these settings for longer then Click is playing,... maybe this knowledge is more basic then you thought.

XF,.. try to contact Packee from FE clan -CF-
    I beleive he knew about these settings and how to optimize them, before even I started to play.

So he just shared basic knowledge and did it in a very nice tutorial.
    I like you XF, but I think you are wrong here. Even if you presented it to Click,.. he can share this as common knowledge
    I've no problem with click anymore. so I say this just to you: When somebody gives another one a present and he wants to give it to others he should ask the one who gave it to him first.
    Last edited by X Fighter; 04-12-2012 at 03:23.

~-[:42 A'dam Elite:]-~
    Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    I've no pro with click anymore. so I say this just for you: When somebody gives another one a present and he wants to give it to others he should ask the one who gave it to him first.
    Depends on how much you have written and made of this tutorial I think. If the full tutorial is based on your work I would agree with you.
    Just like creating a player model tutorial I once wrote. Petter helped me with it once but on the tutorial I didnt name him, since he just shared basic knowlage I didnt have back then.

Opinions might differ, but you shouldn't be angry at others for that.
    Serious Sam - The First Encounter

As far as intellectual property rights are concerned, i see no breach here. As a programmer myself i always like to delve into the technical side of things with many games i play, so i too have used and am aware of these commands and how to use the common.ctl and gamestartup.ini files. I must admit i was not aware of altering the the context menu. I never really had the use for it though, thus never thought of doing it. I still manually type my commands in if/when i need to.

Now, for people that are not privy to programming this would be like gold to them and i can understand your frustration, Xfighter, but it's not like it is a custom work of yours? It isn't a player model(which is custom)/skin/tag/sound file etc; it's basic programming at it's best. Anyone with a text editor and will to learn some SS netcode would surely know about it. It wasn't a custom script like you see with Ostap's server code, instead w.r.t the menu code, it's just some plain codes that were already present in croteam's files to display other context menus.

Anyways be cool, and there's no need to fight here with players, concentrate your anger and fight in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolta View Post
    Depends on how much you have written and made of this tutorial I think. If the full tutorial is based on your work I would agree with you.
    Just like creating a player model tutorial I once wrote. Petter helped me with it once but on the tutorial I didnt name him, since he just shared basic knowlage I didnt have back then.

Opinions might differ, but you shouldn't be angry at others for that.
    I talk only about the custom menu. most commands in it are known but it was my idea to create a new menu in game so you no longer have to type them in the console. I dunno if others also had that idea but I've never seen it anywhere else until now. and I gave this menu only to 2 persons and didn't expect it to be public. Maybe now you understand me.

Peace now and it's a nice tutorial, Click

~-[:42 A'dam Elite:]-~
    Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    I talk only about the custom menu. most commands in it are known but it was my idea to create a new menu in game so you no longer have to type them in the console.
    that was new for me too agreed. But its more easy to put them in the startup no need to change that options
    Serious Sam - The First Encounter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information