Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
    42Adam Developer

New function - Weapon Replacement. We need your help!

Everybody know that on some 42 servers some weapons were removed by admins with Rockets Forever mod. (mostly Cannon and Minigun)

Personally I don't like that weapons are removed because it would destroy the balance. I think it would be better to replace some items with something else.

Why I am telling it to you guys?
    Because recently i've made an additional server-side mod which allow not to only remove the weapons. The mod also allows to replace Weapon/Power Ups/Ammo/Armor items.
    The mod is already been tested on 42 servers ...and now installed on all servers on 42Adam and 42Prague servers (thanx to Karel)

Screenshot from server settings:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

So guys...
    Please post your thoughts on what you would like to remove ...and what could be replaced.
    Last edited by ZCaliptium; 09-01-2017 at 21:30.

shithappens
    ... and what could be replaced.
    Hello,

Most people in SE would disagree (lol) - but could you replace the cannon with something more practical... like maybe a sniper? or a minigun?) ( because only 1 available in every map )... at least on Strict Servers, others can still keep the cannon (like LE Survival of the Sickest)....

Also - the cannon is already disabled at these servers, so one extra weapon will not come in badly. You decide which weapons to add where!)

Thank you.

Some weapons are removed in custom servers, like Missmurder's server, Snipers server (wherever I've set snipers only),Shotty server and etc...I think, every map have installed specify weapons , for good gameplay.Shoty with Double barel gun, for short distance fight,also in all small maps.Sniper, cannon,minigun, greandes for long distance. Of course we can change default settings with custom,(for standart servers only).Is seems dudes from Croetam found best balance map/weapons, but why not to do experiments?
    Just try it!

P.S. About powerups, and 200 health and armor , I don't like them. Is point of view fairplay , but this is my opinion. I'll trying to not use it in game. Good luck!
    Last edited by Petar; 10-01-2017 at 00:51.

Campers Clan
    copy/past of my post from GZ:

some weapons were removed to actually rebalance the game, Serious Sam was originally not designed to be competitive and it was not even designed to be a fragmatch game at all. It's the community who made it that way.

I don't think it is a good idea to put some items instead of the removed ones. In my mind the only worth thing to remove was the minigun on fortress to prevent camp abuse (the worst camping spot in the entire game), all the rest should just stay the same, even powerups.

You guys should stop complicating yourselves that much, how about we just play the game how it was meant to be played for once?
    I will certainly not mind the specialized servers, but I would not appreciate seeing that kind of tweak on stock/oldschool servers.

Corsair ● Asus ● Razer ● Beyerdynamic

This function is very useful! I replaced the overpowered mg with a slightly less powerful tommy gun a few weeks ago on the LE server!
    how is everybody liking this change?

Also to whoever changed LE server settings, please don't do it! the settings are exactly like miss and i like them to be! if you don't like the server and its settings, join a different server instead of changing settings and replacing/removing other weapons! there are plenty of other servers available that have the cannon disabled for instance. the cannon will stay enabled in the LE server. thank you!
    I would like to apologize to all cannon enthusiasts that joined the server in recent days and had no luck finding this weapon anymore.
    Happy fragging

and also, whatever admin is giving out the observer password to other players, please stop this too. you are not supposed to give out passwords to other players. this server will remain free of annoying and trashing observers. thank you!

42Adam Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    This function is very useful! I replaced the overpowered mg with a slightly less powerful tommy gun a few weeks ago on the LE server!
    Thanks for feedback.

Also to whoever changed LE server settings, please don't do it! the settings are exactly like miss and i like them to be! if you don't like the server and its settings, join a different server instead of changing settings and replacing/removing other weapons! there are plenty of other servers available that have the cannon disabled for instance. the cannon will stay enabled in the LE server. thank you!
    I would like to apologize to all cannon enthusiasts that joined the server in recent days and had no luck finding this weapon anymore.
    Happy fragging

and also, whatever admin is giving out the observer password to other players, please stop this too. you are not supposed to give out passwords to other players. this server will remain free of annoying and trashing observers. thank you!

Just one notification: tommygun and minigun do the same damage (10 hp; 20 in Serious difficulty set for Survival of the Sickest). Maybe minigun has a bigger damage amount because of rate of fire (I mean: it kills faster than tommygun, and so it looks more powerful; remember we are talking about weapons principally designed for single player). But it is enough to check it just starting a split screen game and looking how many hp do you lose in one hit; or you can check in the 1.07 sdk, at "Projectile.es" and you will find the values for "tommy" and "mini". Unless modders have changed damage amount for tommygun in server-side mod settings...

About Survival of the Sickest (LE). I don't remember that minigun was present in that server. It was removed. I'm pretty sure there wasn't minigun between 2013 and 2015, but I don't know before or after those dates. In january, instead, I saw that a tommygun was placed in this server. For me, that was a nice idea: it is useful to break rockets and grenades!
    Thanks for that replacement (btw, I didn't know you are admin of Survival of the Sickest together with MissMurder).

And, yes: I recently noticed some common players appear as observers in your server (when I check stats page here). It was a bit curious.
    Despite that, I never have asked password to anyone and I always joined the server as a player. Now, I understand the reason too (chat spamming in the past?)

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Just one notification: tommygun and minigun do the same damage (10 hp; 20 in Serious difficulty set for Survival of the Sickest). Maybe minigun has a bigger damage amount because of rate of fire (I mean: it kills faster than tommygun, and so it looks more powerful; remember we are talking about weapons principally designed for single player). But it is enough to check it just starting a split screen game and looking how many hp do you lose in one hit; or you can check in the 1.07 sdk, at "Projectile.es" and you will find the values for "tommy" and "mini". Unless modders have changed damage amount for tommygun in server-side mod settings...

About Survival of the Sickest (LE). I don't remember that minigun was present in that server. It was removed. I'm pretty sure there wasn't minigun between 2013 and 2015, but I don't know before or after those dates. In january, instead, I saw that a tommygun was placed in this server. For me, that was a nice idea: it is useful to break rockets and grenades!
    Thanks for that replacement (btw, I didn't know you are admin of Survival of the Sickest together with MissMurder).

And, yes: I recently noticed some common players appear as observers in your server (when I check stats page here). It was a bit curious.
    Despite that, I never have asked password to anyone and I always joined the server as a player. Now, I understand the reason too (chat spamming in the past?)
    yes that's correct, there was no minigun present in recent years, but it was at the beginning but since there is an option now to replace (instead of disable) weapons i thought it would be good to put some other weapon in its place. first i was thinking about putting a flamethrower or adding a second cannon, but i decided to go with the tommy gun for now

Immortals Founder
    How can you cannon lovers complain on the minigun saying it's op
    It's well balanced, minigun (serious diff) vs cannon, but nvm, tommygun is also good with this diff I like that replacement (surely better than nothing)
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

yes that's correct, there was no minigun present in recent years, but it was at the beginning but since there is an option now to replace (instead of disable) weapons i thought it would be good to put some other weapon in its place. first i was thinking about putting a flamethrower or adding a second cannon, but i decided to go with the tommy gun for now
    You can also switch weapon each six months, to make server various.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    How can you cannon lovers complain on the minigun saying it's op
    It's well balanced, minigun (serious diff) vs cannon, but nvm, tommygun is also good with this diff I like that replacement (surely better than nothing)
    Oh, yes, cannon kills in one shot regardless of the difficulty level of the game. But op weapons aren't a problem of Sam only: I just logged in a server of Static Void, a server-side mod for Quake 3, a few days ago... Who picks up a BFG becomes Jesus Christ (!) like... Rightly, Phantom says: "If you don't like the server, don't join". When I began to play this game, I didn't have any experience and I agreed with that. But it is different now. I join even if the server has unbalanced weapons, because I can kill some opponents with double shotgun/sniper even if they use a cannon. I have a demo from november 2015 where I did 70-12 in Survival of the Sickest without suicides, in Fortress. Ok, the opponents weren't skilled a lot.

i dont know where to put maps , guns if someone can to help me

Quote Originally Posted by stefan97 View Post
    i dont know where to put maps , guns if someone can to help me
    When importing Maps/Skins
    In the root directory of Serious Sam game
    for example if you have it installed into /program files/Serious Sam
    place all .gro files into:
    C:/Program Files/Serious Sam/

When importing Mods
    Mod should be unzipped into Mods directory
    for example if you have SVSE30.rar mod downloaded - unzip it into C:/Program Files/Serious Sam/Mods/
    so that there is JUST ONE directory called SVSE30 like that : C:/Program Files/Serious Sam/Mods/SVSE30 .....
    not double C:/Program Files/Serious Sam/Mods/SVSE30/SVSE30

Name:  e6afcb18.png
Views: 0
Size:  35.5 KB

Though .... sometime Mod file might already contain /Mods/ dir ....
    In this case - unzip it into root directory of the game

You might check this GRO Repository uploaded today. This program can install automatically.
    (http://www.serioussite.ru/forum/6-3477-1 - for Russian description)
    Last edited by Ostap; 20-05-2019 at 20:02.
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Thread Information