Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Alien Hunter 2016

Name:  Alien_Hunter_2016_Event897.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  86.7 KB

Good news everyone !!!

Once again ...
    We'd like to proudly announce the new coming COOP event for Serious Sam (FE/SE).

Ancient Hunter 2016

Event description:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the second COOP event that will include another (more extended) specially designed activity tracker.
    Now - we can track everything! .. Kills, deaths, pickups....you name it.

The goal of the event is to kill as much as possible monsters...and of coz - collect all the keys ...
    Deaths are not counted...if you die ... pity ..just press the button to re-spawn
    Winners of the event will be chosen by most kills and most found keys combined.

Event days:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The official start of the event:
    "19/02/2016 00:00:00 CET" until "26/02/2016 23:59:59 CET"

Event hours:
    "00:00 CET (02:00 Moscow)" until "00:00 CET (02:00 Moscow)"
    Basically - 24/7...

Registration will be possible on any 42Amsterdam COOP servers (FE/SE 1.05/SE 1.07)
    and will be active from "12/02/2016 00:00:00 CET" until "18/02/2016 23:59:59 CET"

Registration is performed by typing command @hunter inside the game.
    Once the command is issued - player name and other identifier's will be recorded for later score tracking.
    Due to different server types (FE/SE-1.05/SE-1.07) - Participants will be required to register on all servers they'd like to play during the event.

Accepted registrants ....and all registered accounts will be merged automatically during event statistic computation.
    Duplicate registrants will be removed.

Event Rules:
    1 - No outside map walking
    ......If player is caught outside map - player will be directly disqualified and banned from the event.
    2 - No speed running. If player is caught speed running - player will be directly disqualified and banned from the event.
    3 - No interference (blocking the doors or lifts...etc) Actions like that will lead to direct disqualification and eventual ban if repeated.

PS: Not knowing the rules does not count as an excuse.

Servers List:
    FE:
    1 - Alien Hunter 2016 [Hard]
    2 - Alien Hunter 2016 [Serious]
    3 - Alien Hunter 2016 [Serious] (Custom Maps)

SE 1.05:

SE 1.07:

Server Settings:
    ------------------------------------------------
    gam_bRespawnInPlace...................=ON
    gam_bAmmoStays.........................=ON
    gam_bHealthArmorStays................=ON
    gam_bAllowHealth.........................=ON
    gam_bAllowArmor.........................=ON
    gam_bInfiniteAmmo.......................=OFF
    gam_bFriendlyFire.........................=OFF
    gam_bWeaponsStay.......................=ON
    gam_tmSpawnInvulnerability...........=2sec
    gam_iStartDifficulty.......................=Serious / Hard
    gam_bGibs...................................=ON
    gam_iBlood...................................=Red
    gam_fExtraEnemyStrength...............=0%
    gam_fExtraEnemyStrengthPerPlayer..=10%
    Last edited by Ostap; 20-02-2016 at 05:07.
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Why is swimming not allowed in this event?
    It doesn't give any advantage in co-op and it's funny to do

Quote Originally Posted by shooters_hero View Post
    Why is swimming not allowed in this event?
    It doesn't give any advantage in co-op and it's funny to do
    True ... this event does not require strict rules...
    they've been adjusted ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    Name:  Alien_Hunter_2016_Event_small.png
Views: 0
Size:  246.4 KB

Good news everyone !!!

Once again ...
    We'd like to proudly announce the new coming COOP event for Serious Sam (FE/SE).

Ancient Hunter 2016

Event description:
    This is the second COOP event that will include another (more extended) specially designed activity tracker.
    Now - we can track everything! .. Kills, deaths, pickups....you name it.

The goal of the event is to kill as much as possible monsters...and of coz - collect all the keys ...
    Deaths are not counted...if you die ... pity ..just press the button to re-spawn
    Winners of the event will be chosen by most kills and most found keys combined.

Event days:
    The official start of the event:
    "19/02/2016 00:00:00 CET" until "26/02/2016 23:59:59 CET"

Event hours:
    "00:00 CET (02:00 Moscow)" until "00:00 CET (02:00 Moscow)"
    Basically - 24/7...

Registration will be possible on any 42Amsterdam COOP servers (FE/SE 1.05/SE 1.07)
    and will be active from "12/02/2016 00:00:00 CET" until "18/02/2016 23:59:59 CET"

Registration is performed by typing command @hunter inside the game.
    Once the command is issued - player name and other identifier's will be recorded for later score tracking.
    Due to different server types (FE/SE-1.05/SE-1.07) - Participants will be required to register on all servers they'd like to play during the event.

Accepted registrants ....and all registered accounts will be merged automatically during event statistic computation.
    Duplicate registrants will be removed.

Event Rules:
    ......If player is caught outside map - player will be directly disqualified and banned from the event.
    2 - No speed running. If player is caught speed running - player will be directly disqualified and banned from the event.
    3 - No interference (blocking the doors or lifts...etc) Actions like that will lead to direct disqualification and eventual ban if repeated.

PS: Not knowing the rules does not count as an excuse.

Servers List:
    FE:
    1 - Ancient Hunter 2016 [Hard]
    2 - Ancient Hunter 2016 [Serious]

SE 1.05:

SE 1.07:

Server Settings:
    ------------------------------------------------
    gam_bRespawnInPlace...................=ON
    gam_bAmmoStays.........................=ON
    gam_bHealthArmorStays................=ON
    gam_bAllowHealth.........................=ON
    gam_bAllowArmor.........................=ON
    gam_bInfiniteAmmo.......................=OFF
    gam_bFriendlyFire.........................=OFF
    gam_bWeaponsStay.......................=ON
    gam_tmSpawnInvulnerability...........=2sec
    gam_iStartDifficulty.......................=Serious / Hard
    gam_bGibs...................................=ON
    gam_iBlood...................................=Red
    gam_fExtraEnemyStrength...............=0%
    gam_fExtraEnemyStrengthPerPlayer..=10%

Hey, Ostap, do I have to download a special mod for this (ST8, PESE/PEFE) or I could play also from original Sam, too?

I still don't know if I can join tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hey, Ostap, do I have to download a special mod for this (ST8, PESE/PEFE) or I could play also from original Sam, too?

Absolutely not ... the mod i've created is on the server side ... and does not affect any clients...

---------- Post added 07-02-2016 at 22:21 ----------

Absolutely yes ... .. sorry for wrong description ....

Mod is only server side ...and created for samtrack only... to allow to track player activities ....
    for players ...it would means absolutely nothing ... - just connect and play....

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    Absolutely not ... the mod i've created is on the server side ... and does not affect any clients...

---------- Post added 07-02-2016 at 22:21 ----------

Absolutely yes ... .. sorry for wrong description ....

Mod is only server side ...and created for samtrack only... to allow to track player activities ....
    for players ...it would means absolutely nothing ... - just connect and play....
    Thanks for reply.

Ok. Now I have two more doubts.

About the "out of map" rule, is it also for secrets? For example, the secret of heart on Hatshepsut or the secret of heart+200 Armor in Dunes, are they considered out of map? Or is it "collect all the keys"?

I before said I don't know if I will join in it because I want to know if a gamer has to play continuously all the maps, or he/she could play when he/she can. I just don't have much time to play all day long.

About the "out of map" rule, is it also for secrets? For example, the secret of heart on Hatshepsut or the secret of heart+200 Armor in Dunes, are they considered out of map? Or is it "collect all the keys"?
    I guess I can answer that for you: secrets are (obviously?) part of the map and are thus considered accepted terrain. Out of the map would be jumping over the left/right walls in for example Metropolis (FE) and running in a straight line towards the end in the flat desert environment.

Magrathea Member
    NO Above the map
    NO Below the map
    NO Bypass maps on the walls

Examples :

================================================== ===

I before said I don't know if I will join in it because I want to know if a gamer has to play continuously all the maps, or he/she could play when he/she can. I just don't have much time to play all day long.
    You can play any maps on choice.
    The full game is not required.
    Семь бед, один Reset.

Seriousness - the path to immortality. Frivolity - the path to death. Serious not die. Frivolous like dead.
    (Buddha)

Distribution Sam’s (Rus version) FE https://yadi.sk/d/ZYXXvgybnGeKy (new version pack)

Only Serious Sam, ... Only hardcore

How about to add custome maps or is it already ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodnowsky View Post
    How about to add custome maps or is it already ?
    I'd like to have custom maps in this event, too ..and somebody who wants to play them with me

I guess I can answer that for you: secrets are (obviously?) part of the map and are thus considered accepted terrain. Out of the map would be jumping over the left/right walls in for example Metropolis (FE) and running in a straight line towards the end in the flat desert environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIP View Post
    NO Above the map
    NO Below the map
    NO Bypass maps on the walls

Examples :

================================================== ===

I understand: I observed a lot of players doing that in Karnak, months and months ago. :asd:

Quote Originally Posted by ZIP View Post
    You can play any maps on choice.
    The full game is not required.
    Today I made some training: in 1 hour and quarter I played since Hatshepsut to Kings Valley. So, if I play the first maps in the first day, could I "continue" in the next day?

Quote Originally Posted by sic View Post
    I'd like to have custom maps in this event, too ..and somebody who wants to play them with me
    Yes!!! I will! just contact me when u want

Today I made some training: in 1 hour and quarter I played since Hatshepsut to Kings Valley. So, if I play the first maps in the first day, could I "continue" in the next day?
    No, unless there is a different system in place since the last tournament (but i highly doubt it).

Every time you disconnect from the server you have to start over again, even when the reason for you disconnecting is the too many bad syncs error message.

You can however return to the map you were playing with the @map command

No, unless there is a different system in place since the last tournament (but i highly doubt it).

Every time you disconnect from the server you have to start over again, even when the reason for you disconnecting is the too many bad syncs error message.

You can however return to the map you were playing with the @map command
    Yes, I know command "@map", it is like to choose custom level in single player.

The important thing I want to know is if the score and progress I made in the first session I play (let's suppose Hatshepsut-MoonMontains), remain registered in tourney stats (in forum) or if they start from zero in next session (from Oasis to Alley of The Sphinxes, let's suppose again) I restart to play in Ancient Hunter server. In the case the stats will count 2 or more separate games, will they be merged manually in this thread by admins?

The important thing I want to know is if the score and progress I made in the first session I play (let's suppose Hatshepsut-MoonMontains), remain registered in tourney stats (in forum) or if they start from zero in next session (from Oasis to Alley of The Sphinxes, let's suppose again) I restart to play in Ancient Hunter server.
    The scores are cumulative, yes. If you get 2 points for example on day 1, then on day 2 you will have 2points + what you make on that day (and so on).
    I hope everything is clear now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information