Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Read!!!!

Immortals Clan
    Lol! My ping over 150! Its sh*t...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodnowsky View Post
    Since moths always on your server i have red spikes and always when red spikes starts my fps dramaticly drops and its totally unplayable!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodnowsky View Post
    Noobs ...
    ok i figured it out, problem was in custome scripts I used... now im using original scripts and now ezz owning u all with 200-220 ping.
    I have the same issue, on fps drops and lag and sometimes red spikes. I now play from the notebook we use in family, it is bad too but has specs better than my netbook. But drops still exist. And I use custom netscript too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    Dudes ...

First of all - custom scripts are made for specific network ...and specific time...(2002...2008...2013..etc)
    scripts that were made by russians in Sibiria ...are good for russians in Sibiria ... and wont work for dudes in Poland...

Sam is very old game ...thats why there are some specific settings like "ISDN, ADSL , LAN ....etc"
    all those settings set lower and highest values of your network speed ...

using settings created for other region / time ...would lead to ..hmm unpredictable results....
    for example if i'll share my settings for my internet now - you'll all cry ... i've bad internet ...
    settings would be very low and force the game to do more predictions than relay on network transfer ...

Majority of the settings specify lowest and highest bandwidth of the connection ...that server can use....
    lowest one tells the server when to switch to prediction and highest ... limits the transfer server could expect from the network ...
    when server would require more - there are other mechanisms will be used....

So if you are planning to create your personal network script - you should measure your through-output of your network ...
    and determine what is your highest speed ...(in bits)...
    For example if you got 1mbit connection ... thats 1,000,000 bits/sec ... that still does not mean that you get that ...
    most of the network providers share connection between 15 clients ... besides you .. ... that means ... you are not the only one ...After that - there could be your mom ..or your brother/sister using their wifi phone ... that also brings the actual bit count down ...

Thus...calculate what is ACTUAL bit count you can get constantly....and that would be your maxBPS value... you can enter into the netscript...

While watching my servers...and how much data is being transferred ...
    here are some tips ...

Frag servers - 4.5kb/sec ...(~5000bits /sec)... average rate ...in and out...but that depends on amount of players ...
    it could grow up to 7-15 kb...

Coop servers are more variable ...and depend on complexity of the game (amount of monsters in the game .... and could go up to 100kb/sec per player (rusutaku map ...fully loaded)

setting max value too high - will produce red spikes .....when your network cannot deliver it .... and server will stall ...waiting for data....(blue ..and then red spike)
    setting it too low - will force server to use often prediction ...and when prediction is wrong - server will be forced to reload fresh data to compensate ...
    causing again a red spike ...)

---------- Post added 03-02-2016 at 04:00 ----------

Being very conservative ... i would take 10% of actual speed your provider gives you ....
    that would be your stable speed...

if you have 1Mbit .... your maxBPS would be 10000
    (not the download .......upload ... coz communication is bi-directional....and upload is usually limited to the max...)
    Ok, Ostap. I made a speedtest on a server from Amsterdam. Here the results:
    Name:  SpeedTest_Amsterdam.png
Views: 0
Size:  331.0 KB

I made a personal customized netcode too, but I have red spikes as Bloodnowsky:
    Name:  Netcode_settings.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  85.2 KB

So, if you say 1Mbit is 1.000.000 bit, 0,36 Mbit will be 360.000 bit. Do I have to edit that value?
    And I have another question: what are the voices "bPredictions" and "iBufferActions"? Do I have to increase or decrease that values?

For you all: I know my speedtest sucks, but I live in countryside, I have ADSL that arrives with copper cable and I'm far from the cabinet that gives me the speed. Theorically, we contracted 7Mbps (but you know DSL technology does not give you all the speed, even if you are near to the cabinet), that is a non-gaming connection. We don't have FTTH (only in Milan, but I live in northern Sardinia!!) and the phone/internet monopolist (telecom italia) is NOT interested to bring us this technology (they bring that only in cities) because too few people live in my zone. So I have this ridiculous upload speed that make me do a lot of fakehits (especially with more skilled players).

For the frame rate, here are the specs of family notebook:

Model: MSI CR-650
    CPU: AMD E-350 1.6 GHz dual core
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6310 integrated gpu and RAM is system shared, so it doesn't tell me how much RAM;
    RAM 4GB (2 pieces of 2GB ).

EDIT 14:00 : Operating System is Windows 7 Home Premium
    Last edited by Marco; 07-02-2016 at 15:00. Reason: Adding Operating System

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information