Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sic View Post
    I bought it on steam

Well this is f**ed up...completely
    Steam ...or the one who released last version screwed up ...... to be more exactly on 2015/08/12
    There were version released ...with already existing Player.plr files...

This means ...that about 500+ players now have exactly the same ID ....
    When two of them will try to join same server - one will be kicked... (and its not samtrack...) coz server will not allow
    two same players to connect.... one of them will get an error message "Player already in game"....

I've already contacted one who is responsible for the latest patch ... but it probably will take time to remove /fix it...
    But what already done - is done ... there are now 500+ players ....probably pissed off at 42amsterdam coz from time to time they are just not able to connect.
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Immortals Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    I've already contacted one who is responsible for the latest patch ...
    This must be Slaww, don't mix with anyone else
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

First day ... first problems..
    Here is a short update on the event...

Well.... aside all the minor problems that were anticipated ... there were 2 really big boys....

1 - We didn't think through the SE/FE registration ....coz everything now bounded to the user ID ...and not an IP...(IP merging still used ...but it proved to be faulty in this case if relayed on solely) Players that registered on FE ...are not able to join on SE and otherwise....
    This is actually major problem for the event ... and at this moment i see no valuable solution ...except that if someone would like to join other game than he/she registered at - we can add them manually to the registrants list..

2 - Big f**kup .. some players got they score zeroed out ... after digging a bit - i've discovered that F9 ...and how samtrack handles disconnected players were the reason .... after re-connection user would loose they score while still being tide up to the same player that just left....
    At the moment it is fixed ....but we will do some more tests with it...

All scores that were zeroed out - I've manually restored them from the recorded demos.

---------- Post added 27-12-2015 at 19:22 ----------

About the statistics that are now displayed

At the moment - Scores are the MAJOR counter ...
    but i've attempted to combine few parameters together ....
    Namely - Number of games , Score, Deaths and number of acquired items

The ratio value thus....
    It is not final .... and the function to calculate it is:

ratio=((score*games)/(deaths+1))*(items+1)

this produces result as follows:
    sore will increase with number of games , but death count will bring it all down ...
    while number of found items will kick it back up ...

function is not tested ...but you can see the results...
    it might be faulty ...and at this moment should not be considered as true value.

Second update on the event ...

Score reset issue is solved ... - after all it was not samtrack ... (i've marked it as solved for now) ...but actual reason i'll find later...
    for now - I've build in a secondary counter to keep track of score when that happens ...its accumulative ...so it can coop with multiple resets during the game...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information