Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersniper98 View Post
    SHIT download time! 5 hours remaining not even 1 MB downloaded for 1 min!!

ftp://files.42amsterdam.net:2121/MODS/SE/

there it is as well ....
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Immortals Founder
    Wonderful news ! The patch is being developed as fast as never before (probably even faster than STM's development in 2014). Troy is fixing everything everyday, so do I with fixing the maps and testing all the stuff.

At the moment:

• The huge amount of crashes, freezes and different errors was fixed. For now playing with bots is as stable as never before (probably even more stable than in very early versions). The proofs are below, on screenshots.
    • More than 10 new maps will be added, also a lot of errors on old maps which turned to getting bots stucked, were fixed.
    • Much improvements of bot's AI. They are able to run & fight stable in maps with more hard architecture.
    • Working on stable playing in multiplayer has been started. Probably, with a new patch will be possible to play online without bots in a very stable way. It is unlikely, but still likely to be possible to play with bots and players at the same time (perhaps in the some of next patch). Now there are some unfixable problems which don't let Troy to realize this.
    • And something else !

Screenshots.

1) The most obvious proof of stability - 16 (!) bots were playing LT more than 11 hours in a row. Total has been done 31536 frags, without counting suicides.

2) Here the game with 9 bots on Shotty Complex with cannons only and with "Infinity blood" turned ON, which shows the possiblity of stable game with weapon mutators turned ON, also shows the protection of crashes even with extremely low fps (which happens if you play with infinity blood for a huge amount of time).

3) There are no problem to play until 30 frags on Red Station (player + 15 bots & 16 bots without a player)

More "normal" screens.

4) TDM 10 minutes on LT with weapon mutator "Double Shotgun" which turns LT to ST, 4 x 6:

5) TDM 5 minutes 6 x 6, Docking Bay:

6) 10 minutes CTF 7 x 7 until 5 flags on the Elephant Playground map:

7) Domination 6 x 6 on the Sun Palace map. Only 3 minutes because DOM matches aren't usually long:

About the date of patch release - we won't promise anything for now.
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

Professional autist
    If game will be not crashing/freezing when 20 bots is added,you are my master

Also i have one suggestion about this update:How about adding an option,to adjust bots skillz? (Just like Noob,Medium,Hard,Pro,Supa Pro or R3kter,or else )
    We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us - Is competing for the victory.
    Ayrton Senna

Immortals Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdzichu View Post
    If game will be not crashing/freezing when 20 bots is added,you are my master

Also i have one suggestion about this update:How about adding an option,to adjust bots skillz? (Just like Noob,Medium,Hard,Pro,Supa Pro or R3kter,or else )
    Programming is what Troy does, not me !
    Thanks for a suggestion. I had the same in my thoughts for the long time though Can't promise now if it will be done or not.
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

Nice work guys!
    I have a request. If Troy can, please code bots for Cooperation gameplay, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkbewe View Post
    Nice work guys!
    I have a request. If Troy can, please code bots for Cooperation gameplay, too.
    there is one already....PEFE/PESE ... (server CM-PESE2Q-[Rocketers] Servers [HARD + FF + IA + Map Vote] ...has 1 bot per player enabled)
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

no no, i meant bots re buggy, i see in COOP they go and stay near first health. This request is to Troy.

Immortals Founder
    The new 1.08B version is ready ! First post was updated !
    Download HERE

Delete the old version (if you have it installed) before !

Fixes:

- Fixed a huge number of crashes and freezes
    - Fixed crashes with weapon mutators which were happening almost instanly
    - Multiplayer (without bots) is pretty stable (in all modes except King of The Hill)

- Fixed memory leak
    - Improved bots movement in the water
    - Fixed CTF confusion with notification of any team wearing enemies flag
    - Fixed bots movements, they are more accurate in maps like Fortress now (don't fall in the lava as much as before)
    - Player has the selected weapon in weapon mutators from the start
    - Camera (freecam) has been improved, mouse wheel can now change the speed of flying
    - Fixed freecam bug when bots used sniper scope
    - Minor changes and bug fixed in the HUD
    - In the CTF, after delivering the flag bot immediately runs on (doesn't get sticked to the flag place)
    - Bots don't shot anymore with explosive weapons through a "lattice"
    - Fixed a problem with awards pop-upping in the next match
    - Bots don't attack enemies with invulnerability anymore
    - Bots don't chat anymore (for the sake of stability)
    - Items "value" has been deleted from the CTF mode
    - Bots don't try to use minigun whilst having no ammo anymore
    - Award of "exact hit" cannot be done on the corpses anymore

Innovations and changes:

- Bots don't camp if they run with the flag
    - Bots will no longer shoot with the cannon being close to the wall
    - In the SkullHold bots care of catching the skull more than earlier
    - In Bin/AI/Profiles/Name.ainame file is now possible to add and / or remove tags of the bots, Skins.aiskins file contains lists of skins which bots wear (using the sane name as in .amc files)
    - Bots pick weapons from dead enemies much more often
    - Bots now can see the enemies with invisibility if they shooting, having another pup or wearing the flag
    - Sniper gun improved - without using scope it's still accurate and does the same damage

New maps:

- CTF Frozen Cliff
    - CTF Lefty
    - CTF Storm

- DM Blue Planet
    - DM Cracks
    - DM Deck16
    - DM Marble Wars
    - DM The Edge (Q2DM1)
    - DM The Footer Tomb

- DOM Futuristic Trouble
    - DOM / KOTH LongestYardRebirth (Q3DM17)
    Last edited by Zeo; 09-03-2016 at 00:12.
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

Professional autist
    It is great alternative for dead FE frag..

0 crashes,0 lags 100% stable.
    We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us - Is competing for the victory.
    Ayrton Senna

Immortals Founder
    Yeah, don't forget you can disable 200/200
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

Professional autist
    I know it,it was in 1st release
    Ayrton Senna

Immortals Founder
    Anyone else ?
    We need some opinions !
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

Really great mod! Tried it since release and was impressed.

Now of course, even more stable, nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    We need some opinions !
    I do wish, that the bots wouldn't desync in MP and demos, if that's possible to do.

That's all I guess...

I've gotta love the bots created in this mod it could help my practicing.
    It's all fun and games, until somebody loses an eye.

Hi, Zeo. When I play with bots, I get a "Catch Error". What does it mean?

I don't have a log yet, or posted screen. But it appears bot name followed by that 2 words.

For example:

Polska: Catch Error!

The game continues, in fact I can play matches with Ostap' servers settings (30 or 50 frags... obviously in Botmatch offline mode, not online) and I don't have anymore crashes (like it was in 1.00A). But this writing usually appears once on screen (in top left messages), during the first minutes of playing. And after a while (duration of these matches is on average 20 of minutes) the bot stops playing.

For example, when I play Shotty Trouble, the bot (due to my netbook, I can play duels only) sometimes goes near walls and starts jumping until I don't shoot at it. When I shoot on its direction, it 'restores' itself and fights again. It happens once or twice per match. Is it related with "Catch Error!"?

Another problem: in Hole and Fortress, the bots go continuously to swim on the lava and they die a lot.

However, the beta 1.08 looks more stable than the alpha 1.00, in fact it doesn't crash anymore (I remember Desert Temple, Hole and Shotty Trouble crashed continuously in the old version).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    Anyone else ?
    We need some opinions !
    My suggests are about items (powerups, supers) in maps and some weapon damages.

Last summer I opened the map "Courtyard" (downloaded from this forum) in Serious Editor because I was curious about the spawn of 100 health and lasergun in the same point, after starting a match and at different times.

So, I discovered how to delay powerups spawn in a map, like in Serious Sam HD. It is enough to move the item outside of the map, insert a copier inside the map and relate it with the item, and then insert a trigger related to the copier outside of the map again. I edited 3 maps (Fortress, Hole, Little Trouble)* and I'm uploading them on mediafire. If you (or Troy) want to add these map modifications, tell me here. I could also post back here the settings for triggers and copiers.

Btw: why did you remove Winter Fortress and restored the original Fortress?

About the supers. Since in the mod there is the option "Pro Mode" to disable powerups and supers, could you (or Troy) restore the 200 Armor in Shotty Complex? So, it will be disabled only in "Pro Mode" and not regardless of it; plus, I never have played that version of Shotty Complex (just personal opinion, but it isn't only for me).

About weapons. Could you (or Troy) restore tommygun/minigun damage back to 10 (instead of 20) at normal difficulty? And also: could you (or Troy) decrease single colt damage from 20 to 5? When the bot goes out of ammo, it uses single colt and this is so lame.
    Plus, a single colt is a basic weapon (you spawn with it) and it doesn't make sense that its damage is equal to tommygun/minigun, instead of its half (at least!!).

*I edited original maps from game, not from mod (btw, mod maps can't be opened in editor).

PS: Since the 1.08 beta was released on March 2016, will you release a new version of this mod this year?
    Last edited by Marco; 13-01-2017 at 21:49.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information