Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ~-[:42 A'dam Elite:]-~
    go albert heijn mayo bottle
    Serious Sam - The First Encounter

Good news everybody !

Google map with currently active players is added to the front page ...
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Not all coordinates seems to be correct though
    here is some dude drowning in the sea ...but still playing game ...

"...HELP ....I'm drowning....and that noob is killing me with a cannon"

Name:  google_map.png
Views: 128
Size:  169.2 KB

Nice work Ostap!

Rofl

i want waterproof cannon too, fire backwards and surf back to land

Hey Ostap, just something I thought you should know - I found out why sometimes a server goes invisible in the server browser. Some dude on FUNFUN said that when a player has the ":" at the end of their name removed, the server listing disappears! Weird bug, but I believe him. I think it's worth it to implement a SamBot rule that kicks a player if they removed that colon at the end of their name.

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    Hey Ostap, just something I thought you should know - I found out why sometimes a server goes invisible in the server browser. Some dude on FUNFUN said that when a player has the ":" at the end of their name removed, the server listing disappears! Weird bug, but I believe him. I think it's worth it to implement a SamBot rule that kicks a player if they removed that colon at the end of their name.
    Dont think thats true,... but we can verify this

Quote Originally Posted by Evolta View Post
    Dont think thats true,... but we can verify this
    Yeah it seems like a weird bug, but that dude did make a player on the server change his name because of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    How exactly is it done ?...
    : is added to each name ...by the game ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    How exactly is it done ?...
    : is added to each name ...by the game ...
    I think maybe he probably thought on changing ":" with unfinished color command in name editor ?
    For example: full color have hex code after color tag = ^c <- color-tag; 00ff40<- hex code description for green color; ^c00ff40 <- full tag for green
    If you put unfinished color tag after your nickname, you can change colour, bold/italic, flash or remove ":" after your nickname.
    For example: ^r^c-00f is white ":"; ^r^b^c-00f - white bold; ^r^i^f0^a-b^c-00f - italic with electric-flash tag, ^r^c-f0 to remove it completly by removi'n 1 hex number in code or just try to add "^c" you will get black text without ":" by default.

If i get Bark's words right, he's about to ask you to allow only fulltag nickname creation on your servers to avoid that, bug but somehow i don't believe it's caused by c-tag
    Last edited by CLICK; 06-09-2012 at 18:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    I think maybe he probably thought on changing ":" with unfinished color command in name editor ?
    For example: full color have hex code after color tag = ^c <- color-tag; 00ff40<- hex code description for green color; ^c00ff40 <- full tag for green
    If you put unfinished color tag after your nickname, you can change colour, bold/italic, flash or remove ":" after your nickname.
    For example: ^r^c-00f is white ":"; ^r^b^c-00f - white bold; ^r^i^f0^a-b^c-00f - italic with electric-flash tag, ^r^c-f0 to remove it completly by removi'n 1 hex number in code or just try to add "^c" you will get black text without ":" by default.

If i get Bark's words right, he's about to ask you to allow only fulltag nickname creation on your servers to avoid that, bug but somehow i don't believe it's caused by c-tag
    can you test it ? (with that unfinished tag) ....i'll look into it tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    can you test it ? (with that unfinished tag) ....i'll look into it tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    but somehow i don't believe it's caused by c-tag
    Because i play all time with "unfinished" tag

Normal ":"

White ":"

REMOVED ":"

Hm, well it seems many people have it in a different color, but it doesn't seem to affect the server being visible or not.. however, when it's completely removed like in Click's last screen, I think it breaks it xD But we need to do some serious testing, it could be just a coincidence.

now it should be blocked

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information