Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.

Thread: How to play DT

~-[:42 A'dam Elite:]-~

How to play DT

How to play Desert Temple.

First of all, play by the server rules. Since this is not a guide on how to follow the rules I will quickly go to the next part.

Secondly, make sure your settings are correct. (think about graphics, net settings, keyboard settings, etc.) Make sure you can play as smooth as possible. One of the settings that really makes a difference is the mouse settings. I can't tell you what to do, because we all have different styles, different OS settings and different mouses.
    But what I can tell you is this, make sure your sensitivity is low. Lots of action takes place in the distance and having a low sensitivity makes it more easy to aim steady on target.

Once you are all set up and comfortable running around the map players will join to kill you. Do not panic. Players that join can either be better or worst than you. If they are worst, nothing to prove. If they are better you must be careful.

Good players know how to move around in the map, they know where all armor and health items are and how to get them. But most important, they know where the enemies are and can quickly determine what enemies are most important. This is not based on cheats, but on logic thinking, experience and intuition. Lets picture a one-on-one situation. You just killed the opponent and still have medium health and some armor. You should know the respawn places, so you can quickly know where the other guy is. Flying around the map is now a good thing to do! Fast way to get health and armor AND a good way to spot the enemy. Mostly keep your eyes on the tommyguns, since that is where the good player will be going. Once he grabs the tommygun, you should be able to see him and he should not be able to see you. This way you can always be the first one to pull the trigger!

Now that you both have guns, your aim is good because you have the correct settings you can really play the game. Movements on the ground are much quicker than in the air, so my advice is not to fly around at this point. Better yet, let the other one fly and shoot him out of the air. But if you end up dueling somewhere on the ground, always move towards health / armor. Never in a direct line, but making sure you can't die is more important than killing the other. You can most of the times use objects to hide behind and run away without being noticed (this requires practice, but remember that with 3rd person view you can see him, but he might not see you!). If you are gone and got more health and armor again, you are the one to start the attack again and if you don't aim like an 80 year old donkey you should be able to take him out.

All good and fun, but lots of times there is more than one player and knowing where all players are is near impossible. So only focus on the 1, 2 or 3 top players. If you know where they are you can avoid being attacked by them, surprise them from behind and keep enough health and armor to deal with those annoying semi-noobs that just learned to knife and maybe shoot with double barrel. If you have no idea where they are, you should not just fly around looking for them. Because chances are big that they will see you fly before than you can see them. Good places to be is on the edges of the map. Then you can be sure no-one can kill you from behind and can overlook the entire map.

You have now managed to kill 12 people in a row, awesome! But some random dude killed you and you respawn. Keep in mind that if there are lots of players in a map and most of them are noobs, not all will know the spawnfrag rule and they will try to kill you. So best is to either avoid those noobs, or kill them and get their gun. If you avoid them be clear in what your intentions are and run for the closest armor and then go to the tommygun. Or take the closest shotgun to take a player with a tommygun down and get his gun (very effective way to get a kill + gun). Once you have a gun you can start looking for the top players again and try to attack them before they see you.

Once you get the main concept, just train a lot. Practice some trickjumps so that you can be even faster to health, armor, gun or to suprise the ennemy.

Good luck in the game!
    Serious Sam - The First Encounter

Of course,only few old players keeping rules here! This is our tradition for fairplay! Nice explanation Evo!

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolta View Post

But what I can tell you is this, make sure your sensitivity is low. Lots of action takes place in the distance and having a low sensitivity makes it more easy to aim steady on target.
    8%
    IF WE DON'T END WAR
    WAR WILL END US

~-[:42 A'dam Elite:]-~
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthraX View Post
    8%
    I have 0.6% ... for some reason even 1% is too much
    Serious Sam - The First Encounter

Turn on mouse acceleration somewhere in the joystic options? It's linear, not the kind that ruins your aim.

Cool
    wtf?
    1%???
    IF WE DON'T END WAR
    WAR WILL END US

~ Admin C.o.B Leader ~
    Very Good explanation Evo!

Nothing more nothing less
    _.-~]('Company'of'BrotherS')[~-._

<~)(~>........................:'II':.......L.E.A.D.E.R. .C.o.B.......:'II':....................<~)(~>

Thread Information