Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.

Thread: Server

Server

How much money is needed to create a server or is it free?

Be the best version of yourself..

You can create server from your Home PC for free, but it's usually bad idea coz it would be unstable, but if you want to host pro server, you need to pay. Price is not the same... depends where you are gonna host it

thx for ur reply. i was playing ss fe today (offline-start server).suddenly a guy came in i was shocked and wondered how he came.then i realized that i forgot to off my wifi so it connected and created a server.i immediately close the network.what i wanna know is should i pay for creating server.actually i always play iusing start server it never happened plz help.

Be the best version of yourself..

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn MichaelS View Post
    what i wanna know is should i pay for creating server.actually i always play iusing start server it never happened plz help.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLICK View Post
    You can create server from your Home PC for free, but it's usually bad idea coz it would be unstable

You could always use SeriousRunner (but i don't think that works with new software/64bit)...

~-[:42 A'dam Elite:]-~
    If you run a server, always check if others can see it.
    http://canyouseeme.org/

If you can access the server it should be fine, otherwise open the port so others can use it:
    http://portforward.com/english/route...outerindex.htm
    Serious Sam - The First Encounter

tihos opinion , use yur sam options to run a server [if yu use a router , make sure the right ports are open for players to connect ], its fun on a small scale , if yu want a permanent server , yu pay
    opions?

Campers Clan
    Serious Runner is a graphical interface which makes the servers easier to configure, but I personally prefer to set it from the scripts and launch my dedicated with the "Default Fragmatch SE/FE" tool. Just open the init.ini file, and modify the command values as you need, then save.

Affording a server is useless anyway because Gamespy will die with the whole ss network in several days.
    Only solution: Buy Serious Sam Revolution on Steam.

Corsair ● Asus ● Razer ● Beyerdynamic

Thread Information