Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Magrathea Member

"Sleep at work not here"

Not for the first time.....

Name:  Re-exposure of 22.png
Views: 178
Size:  1.03 MB

You can disable this muck ?
    Семь бед, один Reset.

Seriousness - the path to immortality. Frivolity - the path to death. Serious not die. Frivolous like dead.
    (Buddha)

Distribution Sam’s (Rus version) FE https://yadi.sk/d/ZYXXvgybnGeKy (new version pack)

Only Serious Sam, ... Only hardcore

Autoban when you're inactive for a certain period of time...
    I do not see the problem here...

Magrathea Member
    Account in the picture as it shows that I was not really inactive.

Again => not for the first time.
    Семь бед, один Reset.

Seriousness - the path to immortality. Frivolity - the path to death. Serious not die. Frivolous like dead.
    (Buddha)

Distribution Sam’s (Rus version) FE https://yadi.sk/d/ZYXXvgybnGeKy (new version pack)

Doesn't that only happen if you're inactive for like 30 mins?

I got that problem too in past, but wasn't afk.

Magrathea Member
    Recently, we played with the Evo (or rather he beat me)
    The game does not stop for a minute, but I still busted with the same message.
    Семь бед, один Reset.

(Buddha)

its "Hanging" players protection ...that leave game ON ...and go to vacation in France for next few weeks

15 minutes for frag (did not die , did not kill anyone, did not say a word ....in that time)
    45 minutes for coop
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

~-[:42 A'dam Elite:]-~
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    15 minutes for frag (did not die , did not kill anyone, did not say a word ....in that time)
    If ZIP is telling that it also happend in the game we played,.. than I doubt that he didn't die once in 15 minutes
    So maybe a bug in detecting activity?
    Serious Sam - The First Encounter

Look at his score Evolta... 44/0; it's quite possible that he was fighting noobs for over 15min and didn't have to type something...

Magrathea Member
    45 minutes for coop
    That's 15 minutes may well be .... not timed.
    The last two frags, came into the game with breaks.

But in a game with Evo avoid delays in time.
    And a couple of games before that were also departures.

P.S. 45 minutes for coop - it's too much - often nightly players hang and can not reset the map.
    Семь бед, один Reset.

(Buddha)

Magrathea Member

Пройти, начиная с "цитадели", умудрившись так не разу и не сдохнуть и вылететь в самом конце вот из за этой хрени ???!!!

Слюшай,.. абидна панимаш,... да ?
    Семь бед, один Reset.

(Buddha)

Quote Originally Posted by ZIP View Post

Пройти, начиная с "цитадели", умудрившись так не разу и не сдохнуть и вылететь в самом конце вот из за этой хрени ???!!!

Слюшай,.. абидна панимаш,... да ?
    Sorry i know ... it is frustrating. When function was created - it helped to keep servers fresh - coz some players would leave game on ...for hours.
    At that moment there were no way to detect if player is active ...only by some actions performed in the game (message , frag/death...).

Though some time ago i've found another way how samtrack can check if user is "sleeping" ....by requesting his coordinates...(not just timeout thus).
    Functionality is already there i'll need to test it ... and eventually replace the timeout with it.

Update:

Its activated now on all servers. Should work fine but if you get kicked for inactivity (its set for 10 minutes now) please let me know.
    Last edited by Ostap; 16-08-2014 at 11:34.

Immortals Founder
    Sorry but I think now it should be totally deactivated (players shouldn't be kicked for "sleeping" ), because since the game is getting low active, there should be some possiblity to join a server and wait for an opponent as much as possible
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    Sorry but I think now it should be totally deactivated (players shouldn't be kicked for "sleeping" ), because since the game is getting low active, there should be some possiblity to join a server and wait for an opponent as much as possible
    yea ...i guess now its not the time to kick someone ...
    i'll disable it

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    I don't agree with that.

If you join in a "arena" multiplayer, you have to play. Why stay afk? If you have something to do, simply don't start the game and come back later.

Second. I could agree when you say that a player could be waiting for an opponent, if he joins an empty server. But, buuut... how much time does he have to wait for??? I can wait 5 minutes at maximum. If no one joins in, what can I do? I think that a player who waits for an opponent for 10-20-30 minutes/1 hour has very, very, much time to put in the rubbish. Don't you get bored if no one joins in for over 5-10 minutes? Nothing in personal, but I think it's nerding. Just my opinion.

Its activated now on all servers. Should work fine but if you get kicked for inactivity (its set for 10 minutes now) please let me know.
    yea ...i guess now its not the time to kick someone ...
    i'll disable it
    Last year I got banned for this. I don't remember precisely (maybe in Fortress or Little Trouble) where. But I think is very useful for a fps arena (or that remains of it, seeing Serious Sam classic today...). Players join to frag their opponents, not to build a chatroom or stay unactive for a lot of minutes (they could have their reasons, but then join in only when you can really play). Ok, someone can speak while playing, but just a bit. They also could pause for 30 seconds, if they have to back to desktop and terminate some kind of processes that make pc slow (like me, when I have to end "rundll32.exe" and "taskeng.exe"). But later, play again. Or the game doesn't make any sense.

So, I suggest to re-activate that script you have updated on august, 16th and set it for 10 minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information