Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.

View Poll Results: What rule does or does not violates the game?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • + Camping is a violoation

7 35.00%
  • + Type fragging is a violation

5 25.00%
  • + Re-spawn fragging is a violation

5 25.00%
  • - Camping is not a violation

14 70.00%
  • - Type fragging is not a violation

12 60.00%
  • - Re-spawn fragging is not a violation

13 65.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camping rule

Camping rule

Hi everyone

We got some dilemma here
    For 1.5 year - all 42Amsterdam servers had a limitation ...so called "Camping" rule ...
    It was prohibited. Here i must confess - rule was taken without consideration from rules were conveyed by admins.

Few weeks ago - Metali banned someone following this rule - and it came to question it self ...
    I've decided to ban the rule ... and Metali was stripped of his rights as full admin leaving him only admin on TUC clan servers.

During re-evaluation of the camping rule - more fail under the same category ..."type fragging" , "re-spawn fragging"
    all of them were briefly invalidated ..

After some consideration - i've revised the rules to fit all parties .... FE and SE servers.
    Although Camping rule still seems to be questionable ...

full definition of it is:

No Camping - Camping singularly - this creates inequality between single joining player and one that been camping in the game for some while. If such behavior detected - player should be banned and top results (if any) removed.

So ..lets vote ..
    Vote for it ..or against it ...
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Well dude, its impossible not to camp while waiting for someone to join.. And even if you don't camp - the joining player is still at a disadvantage because you have lots of HP/armor and all the weapons, and he doesn't.

- Camping is not a violation
    - Type fragging is not a violation
    - Re-spawn fragging is not a violation

Camping, Typefrag, and Respawnfrag are unfair way of playing, but there are fair and unfair players, we cant get in managing the game so deeply, making them become violation will mean to force players to use one tactic instead of another, cos that's tactic and only tactic; i would personally run away from a game-server where admins must tell me how i should move or not to move
    So this is my vote, this is absolutly no violation

They are "unfair" playing, but most of players don't even know the "fair play" rules, we can't simply ban or kick every camper, typefragger or spawnfragger, so no violation for me. I agree with Simo and Barktooth on this one

.:+*]|[SGI]|[*+:. The Eclipse

You can't set "No type-frag" as rule. Example: I have 1 Health and start typing... This is game, not facebook! It should depends on player if he is fair or not.
    In Quake 3 you got cloud above your head when you open the console in Serious Sam you got nothing! Same for re-spawn frags, no gun and camping... it depends on player. It is just a part of game That's just what i think. Also what about 3RD person view? When you are behind the corner it is looking like you have wallhack... also with shadows in some places. Santa Sam have "invisible" bug without Santa-Fix! Should we also ban those players who using these settings? I think no...coz it is just part of the game.

what a joke, this are no reasons for ban.

Campers Clan
    Camping is not a game violation

Camping abusively is: as I explained before, someone who stays hidden somewhere and who doesn't have to do a single move to kill someone is. best example: hole, invincibility powerup place, campers + cannon = unplayable.

First things first .. who of YOU play actively SS FE? And second ... Camping IS a violation, if you get 10 times in a row knifed in the underground, while shootin someone. Abut typerfragging the same, Click gave an example of 1hp player. Well if u got owned accidentally by a pro, there's no way to bann him, it's not about exact rules, it's a guide for players who can read and understand it.

Last thing i would want to point is that the SS FE and SE is much different so this poll should be divided into FE and SE
    Last edited by Strakos; 13-08-2012 at 13:01.
    Knifers. I see knifers.

MY GAMEPLAY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rxU1_l2jXE

BAN ALL PLAYERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    BAN ALL PLAYERS!

Rule 10 - A Player kill violation is

Let us all be friends

Rule 10 - A Player kill violation is

Let us all be friends
    Yeah, let's play COOP in fragmaps sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    You can't set "No type-frag" as rule. Example: I have 1 Health and start typing... This is game, not facebook! It should depends on player if he is fair or not.
    In Quake 3 you got cloud above your head when you open the console in Serious Sam you got nothing! Same for re-spawn frags, no gun and camping... it depends on player. It is just a part of game That's just what i think. Also what about 3RD person view? When you are behind the corner it is looking like you have wallhack... also with shadows in some places. Santa Sam have "invisible" bug without Santa-Fix! Should we also ban those players who using these settings? I think no...coz it is just part of the game.
    Hmm well I agree on the 3rd person rule though - if you abuse standing around corners you get banned
    Also about the 1HP thing.. that's Maniac's trick, he always start typing when he have low health and then if you kill him he says he gets free kill xD

Quote Originally Posted by Strakos View Post
    First things first .. who of YOU play actively SS FE? And second ... Camping IS a violation, if you get 10 times in a row knifed in the underground, while shootin someone. Abut typerfragging the same, Click gave an example of 1hp player. Well if u got owned accidentally by a pro, there's no way to bann him, it's not about exact rules, it's a guide for players who can read and understand it.

Last thing i would want to point is that the SS FE and SE is much different so this poll should be divided into FE and SE
    Aside the jocks - Strakos is right ...FE is different than SE coz there is just 1 tiny map ...

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    Hmm well I agree on the 3rd person rule though - if you abuse standing around corners you get banned
    I think you misinterpreted the camping rule at all ...

Camping - (Wikipedia definition)
    In video gaming, camping is a tactic where a player will obtain a static strategic position of advantage, often providing a clear field of view over a choke point or position of tactical interest whilst retaining cover for the camper. It differs from holding a strategic position by its requisite static nature and intensive cover.

This kind of camping - is part of the game - and not covered by admin rules.

What i've described as camping - is different although it does have same behavior nature.
    Camping SINGULARLY ... (forever alone camping so to say) in a game with full armor - is a violation of the game.
    I've observed many players who use this tactic to gain high scores. Most of those players will leave the game on first kill or if there more than one player joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    I think you misinterpreted the camping rule at all ...

Camping - (Wikipedia definition)
    In video gaming, camping is a tactic where a player will obtain a static strategic position of advantage, often providing a clear field of view over a choke point or position of tactical interest whilst retaining cover for the camper. It differs from holding a strategic position by its requisite static nature and intensive cover.

This kind of camping - is part of the game - and not covered by admin rules.

What i've described as camping - is different although it does have same behavior nature.
    Camping SINGULARLY ... (forever alone camping so to say) in a game with full armor - is a violation of the game.
    I've observed many players who use this tactic to gain high scores. Most of those players will leave the game on first kill or if there more than one player joined.
    lol I got it, just saying that third personners in general should be banned xD
    But if the singular camping rule goes thru, this Jason Statham from Kazakhstan or howerver its spelled is getting his ass banned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information