Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    *Cadis Etrama Di Raizel*
    ^^ i think we have already tried this via youtube.
    [Rocketers] Sandy

~-[:42 A'dam Elite:]-~ *SANDY*

Magrathea Member
    It is better to put the game already patched.
    Семь бед, один Reset.

Seriousness - the path to immortality. Frivolity - the path to death. Serious not die. Frivolous like dead.
    (Buddha)

Distribution Sam’s (Rus version) FE https://yadi.sk/d/ZYXXvgybnGeKy (new version pack)

Only Serious Sam, ... Only hardcore

Professional autist
    I menat to adverst it on varius sites like sz serioussite.ru and any forums.

Quote Originally Posted by EasternInferno View Post
    I know SS classic is almost dead,im sad that its time has passed...But we will work hard to bring more players back right?
    I want the good old times back when there were 500/600 players every day,now there are only 5-13 players a day....So sad

Also i wont be playing much in 2 weeks,too bussy.

P.S. How do you know all that stuff ?
    Unfortunately, at that era, I played SS in single player but I hadn't an internet connection. That's my bigger desire to see a lot of players and a game more "classic" (with ammo, normal diff, etc..) to play in it, to know and to feel how it was. But I'm a little resigned.

I know this stuff because I started play SS (obvious, no? I'm joking). I started play Sam (multiplayer versus) in 2012, before Quake or UT2004 (just tried in single player, for now) in 2013, and I became curious about settings when I played the HD remake of Sam (in 2013), talking to other players (there are a lot of italians in there) or reading comments on YT about weapons power. In Sam HD, generally players know about damages, powerups timing, etc. So, knowing these things for HD Sam, why don't for classic version?

I just made some tests in a split screen session, firing only one shotgun shell/bullet/rocket/grenade to other player that had 100H/100A. The same for SD. I calculated the values and I obtained the damages. The damages are almost the same, in comparaison with Sam HD, except for minigun, that here removes -10 hp and there -20 hp.

I tested Normal and Serious difficulty. In Serious, weapons damages are duplicated. For genades and rockets, in fact, I tested with 200H/200A.

For other, just "studying".

Quote Originally Posted by Zdzichu View Post
    Because we are some time playing it
    Im playing ss 8 years and in 2009-2013 Fe frag was very very active.
    Since there was legends like strakos skorup packee and others.Every day there was 8-15 players
    Check this pics,they are from before gamespy closed.
    Attachment 5209
    Attachment 5210
    Attachment 5211
    Attachment 5212
    Wow 13 Players!!
    Attachment 5213

For me,The reason why all players are gone is closing gamespy.Many Players didnt know about this site or they dont visted it yet.

Screen are taken from C/o/B Clan forum.

I know (or remember) Tomek, Jasper, Jabol, Skorup, Serious Sam with coloured nick (in screen), Siany, Strakos, Dominika (he used kleer skin), DeD MoroZ, CrYst@L, schele.

And others: lowbob! (from Austria), Dr. Jacob Kevorkian, Jazz, MOPC (I guess pronunciation is "Mors"), robocop, Nils85, PREDATOR, STALKER, Serious_Italy, luis (he played FE in late 2012, his nick was yellow and he used kleer skin), MOHAX ("Monakh", I guess), Marduik (Rocking Ryan skin and maybe indian; I remember me and him were banned for teaming in FE, ), etc.

For bringing here the players, I can tell to other players about Master Server patch. But in italy, now it's a bit difficult to attract new gamers: Sam HD players often are teenagers who play there cause Zeb89 brought them in. I can tell Nobel3D (he played Sam classic and he isn't a Zeb fan), he has a YT channel, so he could advertise the patch in italy.

Professional autist
    Nils still play ss as dashas papa

That would be great idea to promote this patch in italy

Immortals Founder
    As I've said once ...
    SS FE & SS SE must be patched on Steam -> the best way to bring more players.

__

btw, Serious Sam: Revolution is slowly, really slowly, but getting a little more active.
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

~|*<<X>> Clan*|~
    I mean,i dont know much about advertising but we need to get players back somehow...You know,i dont want Serious Sam to die...
    I am Serious man,this is serious Bussines

*Cadis Etrama Di Raizel*
    ^^ now please don't start whining here. Get over it man. Get yo'self a server and start rocket jumping. Thats the best thing you can do for the time being. Hehe. Just joking. I couldn't resist. You're making things boring man. I'm waiting for someone to close this thread?
    [Rocketers] Sandy

I have an idea.

What if we convert servers for STM and advertise that in add with Master Server?

The new mod is a bit way better than the game patched 1.07. Obviously, at least one server with normal settings, normal ammo, etc. at frag mode or the new modes (and, obviously, it needs fixes, map adjusting, etc. cause it isn't perfect yet).

STM could give a possibility to attract new gamers or the oldest who want to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by S.a'n~d-y View Post
    ^^ now please don't start whining here. Get over it man. Get yo'self a server and start rocket jumping. Thats the best thing you can do for the time being. Hehe. Just joking. I couldn't resist. You're making things boring man. I'm waiting for someone to close this thread?
    > Retweet

~|*<<X>> Clan*|~
    Why do i make things boring?

Immortals Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I have an idea.

What if we convert servers for STM and advertise that in add with Master Server?

The new mod is a bit way better than the game patched 1.07. Obviously, at least one server with normal settings, normal ammo, etc. at frag mode or the new modes (and, obviously, it needs fixes, map adjusting, etc. cause it isn't perfect yet).

STM could give a possibility to attract new gamers or the oldest who want to try it.

> Retweet
    Glad to hear things like that , but for now it's pretty early to do it; though, atm I'm making the first STM patch where all the maps will be splitted like "for bots" and "for players". I'll also add settings for deciated servers for each game mode. And it's not possible yet to play with bots and players at the same time until the source code will be released ..
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

Quote Originally Posted by EasternInferno View Post
    Why do i make things boring?
    He was talking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    And it's not possible yet to play with bots and players at the same time until the source code will be released ..

Do you mean in public servers online?

For me this isn't a problem, maybe it's better to leave the servers without bots: consider on Quake III multiplayer servers there are only bots online...

*Cadis Etrama Di Raizel*
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco
    he was talking to me
    No marco, i was talking to easterninferno. Inferno, be happy with what you have. You're only crying and spamming here, nothing else. That's why things are getting borin'. If you have any new suggestions 'bout advertisements or something like that, then you're most welcome to share it.
    [Rocketers] Sandy

~|*<<X>> Clan*|~
    No marco, i was talking to easterninferno. Inferno, be happy with what you have. You're only crying and spamming here, nothing else. That's why things are getting borin'. If you have any new suggestions 'bout advertisements or something like that, then you're most welcome to share it.
    I never said i wasnt happy,i just have a lot of free time and i thought i could open a thread...Also i never said there wasnt an advertising campaign,i know you are putting all efforts in it,i just wanted to remind other players to remain active

Why do you think im spamming and crying?I said that its sad that Serious Sam is going to die/already dead.And if you are going to insult me,do it properly man :/

*Cadis Etrama Di Raizel*
    Quote Originally Posted by EasternInferno
    i wanted to remind the players to remain active
    Don't expect them to remain active, as they aren't active on the forum itself. I was like you once, always wanted to play with good players. But it was a stupid thing to do : hope. It's useless. It's true that this game had its golden times, now it's over. I'm not insultin' you, jus' tellin' you the truth which you have failed to realise.
    Last edited by S.a'n~d-y; 01-02-2015 at 15:48.
    [Rocketers] Sandy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information