Welcome to the 42 Amsterdam multiserver.

Thread: Modican Kurt

Threaded View

Modican Kurt (Alpha)

Hi there,

After a little research, I finally found a way for editing skins color only, without affect the original design.

Thanks to Zdzichu, who opened this thread, and thanks to Way and AntraX, who gave him the solution, I decided to edit the color of Kleer Kurt skin.

I wanted to change its color into Modican bovine mantle, that is considered as a 'red' mantle.

After a conversion with TexConverter, and using color curves from Paint.net, I made it.
    Name:  ModicanKurt - Copia.png
Views: 0
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  ModicanKurt.png
Size:  61.6 KB
    I converted the skin thumbnail, too. But it looks more red than the skin itself.

Name:  Kleerkurttbn.png
Size:  47.7 KB

And this is a thumbnail copy more green and less red:

Name:  Kleerkurttbn_Copia1.png
Size:  46.9 KB

But I decided to also keep the original Kurt, so this new one will be additional.

I obtain two results: the first one was too red; so, for the second one I decreased the red and increased the green a bit. But I still think I'm far from perfection. In the screenshot below, you can see a graphical glitch when spawning or respawning.

Name:  Shotty Trouble_Copy1_shot0004.jpg
Size:  347.6 KB

That's why this is stll an alpha skin.

This is how it looks under the light. It seems a bit darker than the bovine mantle, but my objective is to reach its color.

Name:  JumpOver_shot0000.jpg
Size:  390.0 KB

I reduced the resolution, because of my connection that doesn't allow me to upload over 1MB images.

PS: the modican bovine race is from Modica, in Sicily. But, in Sardinia, we have them, too. It was about 19th century, some people brought a number of modican bulls here and hybrized them with sardinian cows. But there are not so many differences between modican and modican-sardinian hybrid, although they are considered 2 different races. Also, this race has some changeability in the mantle color (some black in some cows, and some other ones who don't have it).

Name:  4_div_DRAG-IMG-TESTO-2_20150505_045237.jpg
Size:  77.6 KB

Last edited by Marco; 29-03-2017 at 21:34.

Thread Information