PDA

View Full Version : For Admin!

SpotteR
17-01-2013, 05:49
Hi all !

I want to know, can I have admin only on SE-1.05 COOP Server.
Please, reply.

Tiho
17-01-2013, 12:50
hiya spotterr , ive seen yu play a lots , yu seem nice , trouble is , well two problems actually ,
1 is yu must be over 18 yrs im told to be a admin
2. we have almost too many admins i read on our forums
but let us see , because a admin dedicated to one server will be very different
on that point yu mite have a chance of admin
we will see soon my friend

SpotteR
17-01-2013, 21:17
Okay thanks Tiho.

1. Yes have 18 yers
2. I hope !

Evolta
17-01-2013, 23:48
It would be nice if you inform us some more about yourself.
Who are you, how old are you, how long do you play, where are you from,.. etc.... ?
Why would you like to be admin, what do you have to offer us, what is your goal,........?

No point in just saying you want to be an admin without motivation.
See it as a job application, then you normally dress up well and make sure you are prepared.
So start with convincing us admins that you should be admin.

And yes,.. see this as a second chance,.. your first chance already blew away by making an unmotivated 1 second post.

Tiho
18-01-2013, 06:33
now evolta good friend , i have read all yur posts [ i dont often reply]
but think of this if yu may
a admin with only powers on a single server?
surely this is worth thinking about ?
i invite constructive answers
plz help us decide fellow players
would single server admins help?
we need to promote this game
my rant is over
normal tv will resume
lol

---------- Post added 18-01-2013 at 15:36 ----------

wen i think harder my player friends...........
maybe a "trial" for new admins?
but thats up to ostap
i get back in my hole now

GlassLady
18-01-2013, 07:35
And now it's me poping up from the kitchen [literaly, as I am making a pie now, Tiho knows, we spoke on skype about it]...

I have seen Spotter several times playing coop. He seem to be a normal guy, in general.
He mentioned to me that it seem to be no admins watching the discipline on the SE-1.05 COOP Server, and complained that there are often some trashers, teamkillers, nasty provocators.
Today I watched through 7 days chat records for that server, and did not find a single place deserving admin's notification/kick/ban. That made me to think if he wants to be an admin in case to ban his old enemies, or to bring us the general justice on that server... I suspect first, but who knows...
But mostly I would say "no" because he does not speak english, almost at all. It could happen that he misunderstood the situation somehow, by not knowing what other players were trying to tell him. For example, SoNy also kills me in coop in case to attract my attention to his jumping activity and/or show me how high he have reached.
I told to Spotter that it's necessary to be able to understand the conversation's body and to reply sufficiently. He argued that he knows some typical phrases, like "no killing", "no spaming", "no trashing". But come on, admins, when did these phrases really help?
I truly believe that knowing only russian would not help much, as well as short warning typical phrases. Sorry, Spotter, that's my opinion.
After all, it's only one server... I would say "yes" only to the 1-2 months trial periode for Spotter.
But before the decision is taken on Spotter, I will keep an eye on that server myself... 11901191

Tiho
18-01-2013, 13:41
hmm my good friend and pie maker
think about this afore ye judge...............
now i only speak english ,,so logically i miss many trashtalk in different languages
does this make me less of an admin?

this player [who i dont think we need as admin ]
speaks at least 2 languages
therefore should be better in understanding tho maybe lacking in social/players skills
how do we compare apples and oranges
i merely ponder
i leave the thinking to yu
i just fire up the ideas ,lol
love yu long time gx , as yu no , but i like to get yu to think about other scenarios , lol
out

GlassLady
18-01-2013, 13:59
Tiho, my dear friend, I congratulate you with the fact that your native language is the most used on the international level. You see, I have been to scientific conferences in Hawaii, Texas, France, Japan, Check Republic, Sweden, Svalbard (still Norway, but a very special and multinational place), and no one, believe me or not, did ever care about my native Russian, in both official and unofficial meetings/dinners/parties/karaoke singings, except for one reeealy drunk dinner when I spoke Norwegian to one of our sponsor's representative, who was speaking pure danish to me, but that was after a bottle of wine, so the conversation went very smoothly :lol:. My only experience is that English, Tiho, is the alfa and omega, a core of the multilinguistic environment [spanish also covers a huge number of states, and is great too, i pity I do not speak it well].
You made a good try, Tiho, and I honestly try to see another scenario, but do not clearly imagine it yet. For a while I keep my position on this issue. Only 1-2 months trial, to see how would it go.

Tiho
18-01-2013, 14:15
gx , "my good friend " [this is
all i can say is i didnt understand yur comments ?
yu got drunk , lost yur ability to speak russian and spoke bad norwegian
fun battling in a game forum , but being "oh so polite"

im going to bed
we will discuss this when yur sober [lol , im very joking] our language and phrasing differ ,lol

GlassLady
18-01-2013, 15:46
I did not sleep for 28 hours by now! Tomorrow I may be ashamed of my today's grammar, but now i do my best for this condition :lol:
I am not drunk, but am certainly in the altered state of consciousness...
Hi, pink dragon! youhoo... Ima firing mah lazer... Mah ban lazer, dude... Go figure )
Anyway, I am "Edit Post" button friendly...

SpotteR
18-01-2013, 18:49
I do agree to all of you!

If you think that I am gonna punish my enemies, you are wrong. I am not interested in the process of giving bans as such, but I would like to secure the normal gaming process and mutual respect between players, while I present on that server.
I think there is no point to ban someone, as many players are changing the nickname and have dynamic IP anyway. If such will take place, I am going to provide all necessary evidents of ban's justice and reason of the ban.

About the discipline:
Beside a heavy trashtalking, many are DMing there, break down the game and provocate.
Believe me, I can distinguish the normal gaming process from DM!

But still there is no messages coming on @admin from there, as most of the players are russians and they do not know server's commands.

SpotteR
21-02-2013, 09:30
You forgot about me :(

Answer please, or close the topic.

Ostap
22-02-2013, 06:32
You forgot about me :(

Answer please, or close the topic.

Sorry - your request was missed somehow.
Its been put to vote now.

Ostap
12-03-2013, 00:45
Sorry Spotter ...
but your request did not pass

vote was held among all admins - and it failed...

SpotteR
19-04-2013, 08:14
Thank you all for your attention.