PDA

View Full Version : Player's flag

Skyward
12-11-2012, 22:21
I've been wondering about if it's a good idea to wear the player's flag and country in game and on the site... this should be only reserved for administrators, serious sam is a too close comunity... You can't play under a random name to play in peace that a noob already have recognized you by your country flag... anonymity doesn't exists anymore.

Please vote

shooters_hero
13-11-2012, 00:16
Then also command '@locate' should be changed right?
And yes, I agree with you :)

Barktooth
13-11-2012, 06:59
No, then I won't know when Meta is testing aimbot :ff:
But at least you know when a retard is joining with this system. I say leave it.

BlacK SpiRiT
13-11-2012, 13:09
NO!

Oben
13-11-2012, 19:37
thats good idea if you mean skins :)

Skyward
13-11-2012, 21:35
we should find something to disable the country authentification for people who asks it then, i'm almost the only french in this game, if a french joins, it's obviously always me... i'd be Russian or Polish this wouldn't be a problem but.. :P

shooters_hero
13-11-2012, 22:15
Hahaha, I sometimes have that problem 2, you know, I'm from Belgium.. :P

Barktooth
14-11-2012, 00:01
Yeah well, I'm from USA so that's kind of a problem too.. But then again, if you see player in first person with no weapon it's either me, Omi, Arrakris, or some random noob :D

shooters_hero
14-11-2012, 21:39
hahaha :P yes, also not many USA players!

Skyward
15-11-2012, 19:05
got an idea, a consol command such "@ disable" could be a great idea, even useful for dynamic IPs..

GlassLady
17-01-2013, 05:32
That has been a while since last message.
I voted "for everyone", as then many trolling is avoided due to excistance of "@locate" function. For example, there is one person who used to change his nicks all the time, and after coming under new nickname, began to ask some stupid questions, pretending that we are not acquainted with one another, or start to provocate me doing something strange/stupid/annoying. If not "@locate" command, that person would make a fool out of me every time. That is one of examples of thick stupid trolling.
And I am almost the only person playing from Norway too, as you from France, Metali, so it is easy to understand that it's me when I am coming online, which is eliminating my privacy... which is indeed disturbing me too... but...
Of course, now, being an admin, I would not feel much difference whether this feature is on or off, but I am still thinking of those other simple humble defenceless players... [tear] :redface:

Ostap
17-01-2013, 13:42
got an idea, a consol command such "@ disable" could be a great idea, even useful for dynamic IPs..

I see the point ...
Since admins already invisible in @observer command - i guess it would be fair to add "country" obfuscation for admins. Coz many report that when admin is joined - "bad doers" are getting quite ..as long admin is in the game...

sunshine
18-01-2013, 15:51
Last night, Sam Bot made a mistake! Maybe crazy! Join players from the Virgin Islands, but the city of Belgrade! Belgrade is the capital of Serbia!

Server: ^o^cFFFFFF^cFFFF00 ^c328fd7From : ^cFFFF00UK Virgin Islands - belgrade^r^r
:lolru:

Ostap
18-01-2013, 16:02
Last night, Sam Bot made a mistake! Maybe crazy! Join players from the Virgin Islands, but the city of Belgrade! Belgrade is the capital of Serbia!

Server: ^o^cFFFFFF^cFFFF00 ^c328fd7From : ^cFFFF00UK Virgin Islands - belgrade^r^r

Its not a mistake - Belgrade was moved briefly to Virgin Islands to celebrate British Queen's new Ipad ...It was moved back last night.

sunshine
18-01-2013, 17:20
Of course! Interesting news! Thanks for the information!
:bunnyhehe:

Caligula
19-01-2013, 05:25

He tried to say something? :D