PDA

View Full Version : hey)

Prottoss
28-10-2012, 03:15
hello! so i cant get to play on 07 cuz im getting banned. today i joined server for 1st time in 2 weeks and got banned instantly
reason was : teaming. but i was the only one on server and waiting for Jack of Dimonds for our duel.
i joined about few minutes ago to play with Switch on shotty also, but when i joined i got another ban for teaming. but wtf?? i joined and second later im banned))
Ostap do you have some sort of automatic banning system? cuz if you do plz turn it off i want to have some games in serious sam as much as other players

CLICK
28-10-2012, 05:03
You have same ID like MYSTERY.

1. Save your settings
X:\\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter\Scripts\PersistentSymbols.ini (commands settings)
X:\\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter\Controls ~ Folder (controls settings)

2. Re-instal game with none preinstalled version CD/IMAGE
This will create unique ID per player profile by default.

Explanation: There is preinstalled russian game version uploaded, everyone who use it can be banned by same ID. Less players use it, less wrong bans.

Devon
28-10-2012, 08:39
all the same didn't help, Bann and remained. writes "Ban for 3 days, for trashing", I after all only came on the server already Bann caught, still ideas are?

Prottoss
28-10-2012, 11:10
i reintsalled it yesterday before wrting topic but didnt help :( gonna try those comands later since im not home

CLICK
28-10-2012, 11:17
i reintsalled it yesterday before wrting topic but didnt help :( gonna try those comands later since im not home

As i told you, with preinstalled russian version you will get same ID every time, you need to reinstall it with new, different version (new CD/IMAGE) not with same. My suggestion is to use ENG/EURO version of the game for better compatibility with servers.

---------- Post added 28-10-2012 at 10:18 ----------

all the same didn't help, Bann and remained. writes "Ban for 3 days, for trashing", I after all only came on the server already Bann caught, still ideas are?

What nickname you used when you got that ban message?

Politician
28-10-2012, 17:21
All he has to do is delete the .plr files ? The game automatically creates new player profiles upon startup

Devon
28-10-2012, 17:34
yes, i deleted plr files, didn't help.

Ostap
01-11-2012, 04:34
sorry for long absence ...had alot of work on my hands...

As i read - it was again that issue with duplicate ID's...
I had to disable "all ID ban option" - coz if one duplicate ID is banned - it would ban 50 other players...so now its more tolerant...
Although ...there were some changes to still be able to fight proxy users...

previously - each automatic re-ban was made for 10 minutes ...(if any...IP/ID... whichever matches first)
now - re-ban takes the full time of original ban ..(including time of creation ...to keep the timeout correct)

so - those who were banned for duplicate ID ...had no chance (after removing .plr files) ....coz they would be re-banned by IP even if ID is changed...and then new ID would be recorded again ...and re-banned again if IP changed...
Its a very nasty system i agree...

but there are very nasty players who think they are so freaking cool ...(once again - mostly russians, ukranians )
My advice to those - get rid of duplicate ID by removing .plr files or re-installing the game (however suits you)
coz those things will happen again with all duplicate ID's (as well - dont copy user profile from others to gain color marks !!!!)