PDA

View Full Version : Camping rule

Ostap
07-07-2012, 01:48
Hi everyone

We got some dilemma here
For 1.5 year - all 42Amsterdam servers had a limitation ...so called "Camping" rule ...
It was prohibited. Here i must confess - rule was taken without consideration from rules were conveyed by admins.

Few weeks ago - Metali banned someone following this rule - and it came to question it self ...
I've decided to ban the rule ... and Metali was stripped of his rights as full admin leaving him only admin on TUC clan servers.

During re-evaluation of the camping rule - more fail under the same category ..."type fragging" , "re-spawn fragging"
all of them were briefly invalidated ..

After some consideration - i've revised the rules to fit all parties .... FE and SE servers.
Although Camping rule still seems to be questionable ...

full definition of it is:

No Camping - Camping singularly - this creates inequality between single joining player and one that been camping in the game for some while. If such behavior detected - player should be banned and top results (if any) removed.

So ..lets vote ..
Vote for it ..or against it ...

Barktooth
07-07-2012, 03:59
Well dude, its impossible not to camp while waiting for someone to join.. And even if you don't camp - the joining player is still at a disadvantage because you have lots of HP/armor and all the weapons, and he doesn't.

BlacK SpiRiT
07-07-2012, 10:47
- Camping is not a violation
- Type fragging is not a violation
- Re-spawn fragging is not a violation

Camping, Typefrag, and Respawnfrag are unfair way of playing, but there are fair and unfair players, we cant get in managing the game so deeply, making them become violation will mean to force players to use one tactic instead of another, cos that's tactic and only tactic; i would personally run away from a game-server where admins must tell me how i should move or not to move :)
So this is my vote, this is absolutly no violation :D

BoyZyatoR
07-07-2012, 11:00
They are "unfair" playing, but most of players don't even know the "fair play" rules, we can't simply ban or kick every camper, typefragger or spawnfragger, so no violation for me. I agree with Simo and Barktooth on this one :)

CLICK
07-07-2012, 12:39
You can't set "No type-frag" as rule. Example: I have 1 Health and start typing... This is game, not facebook! It should depends on player if he is fair or not.
In Quake 3 you got cloud above your head when you open the console in Serious Sam you got nothing! Same for re-spawn frags, no gun and camping... it depends on player. It is just a part of game :P That's just what i think. Also what about 3RD person view? When you are behind the corner it is looking like you have wallhack... also with shadows in some places. Santa Sam have "invisible" bug without Santa-Fix! Should we also ban those players who using these settings? I think no...coz it is just part of the game.

PureOwn
07-07-2012, 13:18
what a joke, this are no reasons for ban.

Skyward
07-07-2012, 14:20
Camping is not a game violation

Camping abusively is: as I explained before, someone who stays hidden somewhere and who doesn't have to do a single move to kill someone is. best example: hole, invincibility powerup place, campers + cannon = unplayable.

Strakos
07-07-2012, 17:51
First things first .. who of YOU play actively SS FE? And second ... Camping IS a violation, if you get 10 times in a row knifed in the underground, while shootin someone. Abut typerfragging the same, Click gave an example of 1hp player. Well if u got owned accidentally by a pro, there's no way to bann him, it's not about exact rules, it's a guide for players who can read and understand it.

Last thing i would want to point is that the SS FE and SE is much different so this poll should be divided into FE and SE

CLICK
07-07-2012, 19:03
BAN ALL PLAYERS! :misc-all-the-things:

Ostap
07-07-2012, 19:11
BAN ALL PLAYERS! :misc-all-the-things:

:lmao3:

Rule 10 - A Player kill violation is :yodagusta:

Let us all be friends :bunnyhappy:

CLICK
07-07-2012, 19:19
Rule 10 - A Player kill violation is :yodagusta:

Let us all be friends :bunnyhappy:

Yeah, let's play COOP in fragmaps sometimes :troll-face-high-resolution:

Barktooth
07-07-2012, 19:20
You can't set "No type-frag" as rule. Example: I have 1 Health and start typing... This is game, not facebook! It should depends on player if he is fair or not.
In Quake 3 you got cloud above your head when you open the console in Serious Sam you got nothing! Same for re-spawn frags, no gun and camping... it depends on player. It is just a part of game :P That's just what i think. Also what about 3RD person view? When you are behind the corner it is looking like you have wallhack... also with shadows in some places. Santa Sam have "invisible" bug without Santa-Fix! Should we also ban those players who using these settings? I think no...coz it is just part of the game.

Hmm well I agree on the 3rd person rule though - if you abuse standing around corners you get banned :)
Also about the 1HP thing.. that's Maniac's trick, he always start typing when he have low health and then if you kill him he says he gets free kill xD

Ostap
07-07-2012, 19:22
First things first .. who of YOU play actively SS FE? And second ... Camping IS a violation, if you get 10 times in a row knifed in the underground, while shootin someone. Abut typerfragging the same, Click gave an example of 1hp player. Well if u got owned accidentally by a pro, there's no way to bann him, it's not about exact rules, it's a guide for players who can read and understand it.

Last thing i would want to point is that the SS FE and SE is much different so this poll should be divided into FE and SE

Aside the jocks - Strakos is right ...FE is different than SE coz there is just 1 tiny map ...

Ostap
07-07-2012, 19:30
Hmm well I agree on the 3rd person rule though - if you abuse standing around corners you get banned :)

I think you misinterpreted the camping rule at all ...

Camping - (Wikipedia definition)
In video gaming (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game), camping is a tactic where a player will obtain a static strategic position of advantage, often providing a clear field of view over a choke point or position of tactical interest whilst retaining cover for the camper. It differs from holding a strategic position by its requisite static nature and intensive cover.

This kind of camping - is part of the game - and not covered by admin rules.

What i've described as camping - is different although it does have same behavior nature.
Camping SINGULARLY ... (forever alone camping so to say) in a game with full armor - is a violation of the game.
I've observed many players who use this tactic to gain high scores. Most of those players will leave the game on first kill or if there more than one player joined.

Barktooth
07-07-2012, 19:34
I think you misinterpreted the camping rule at all ...

Camping - (Wikipedia definition)
In video gaming (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game), camping is a tactic where a player will obtain a static strategic position of advantage, often providing a clear field of view over a choke point or position of tactical interest whilst retaining cover for the camper. It differs from holding a strategic position by its requisite static nature and intensive cover.

This kind of camping - is part of the game - and not covered by admin rules.

What i've described as camping - is different although it does have same behavior nature.
Camping SINGULARLY ... (forever alone camping so to say) in a game with full armor - is a violation of the game.
I've observed many players who use this tactic to gain high scores. Most of those players will leave the game on first kill or if there more than one player joined.

lol I got it, just saying that third personners in general should be banned xD
But if the singular camping rule goes thru, this Jason Statham from Kazakhstan or howerver its spelled is getting his ass banned :D

Ostap
07-07-2012, 19:39
But if the singular camping rule goes thru....

It is currently active - question is - will it stay.

Ostap
07-07-2012, 20:09
Due to that some participants in this pole - either didnt understand the question
or didnt understand how voting works

Second Voting Round will be held in 14 days (counting from the post date of the pole)
As well - next voting will be split into 2 vote poles for FE and SE servers.

Phantom
07-07-2012, 22:23
camping is a legitimate tactic like any other tactic too

no reason to ban anybody for this

people should be banned if they dont know how to behave on the server (eg trashing) and not because they dont play the way somebody wants them to play

CLICK
07-07-2012, 22:32
camping is a legitimate tactic like any other tactic too

no reason to ban anybody for this

people should be banned if they dont know how to behave on the server (eg trashing) and not because they dont play the way somebody wants them to play

N1 Phantom :tup:

Ostap
07-07-2012, 23:55
OK ...
Lets play then ...

I'll create a server with 500 health ...and 500 armor...(i think thats possible)...anyway..
Try to join the game after some dude been camping there for an hour...

YOU ALL SAY - ITS JUST A QUESTION OF EXPERIENCE ...
well - with absolute power over you and all your experience - will you say ...YO...:fuck-yeah-clean: ...
or will you leave after few frags ...:okay-okay-clean:?

Please be honest in your replys - there is no FBI or FaceBook watching you over here....
(not that often atleast)

Evolta
08-07-2012, 00:08

I disagree..
Camping is a gamestyle that is hardly effective after a while.
Type fragging ,.. well like its said before,.. its a game, not a chatroom. Its always nice to chat but that shouldn't have to influence the game.
re-spawn fragging,.. this is a bit difference. (and im talking about sam FE) if you are with 2 or 3 players its better to let them get a gun before shooting them. But when there are more then 3 players you can (almost always) get away and find a gun somewhere.

Basicly the rules can be followed by good and social players, but it should be a real game rule