PDA

View Full Version : Self hosted chat servers

Ostap
16-05-2020, 01:06
anyone who is considering to host own chat server - my advice - avoid "mattermost"

it has a tracking inside and wont work if removed

Marco
17-05-2020, 13:19
anyone who is considering to host own chat server - my advice - avoid "mattermost"

it has a tracking inside and wont work if removed

What a :lol: coincidence :yes: : I read at this yesterday in the afternoon; and at evening, TV was broadcasting "Enemy of The State" (that I watched for last time in 2011).

I'm not going to use such websites soon, but thanks anyway for the hint: this one will be blacklisted from now on.

Ostap
17-05-2020, 18:52
This is only for someone who is attempting to cut from the major social media sites
In case you are looking for "self-hosted" chat server software

blocking the distribution site - wont do much :)

---------- Post added 17-05-2020 at 18:58 ----------

At the moment i've "Rocket.chat"
it works ... half way ... but it works - totally not the best one as they say

When hosting own chat server - one should consider the uploads .... size of them ...
server that i use on Hetzner - has 40gb free space .... - thats just not enough ... :) .. my pals posting muz everyday ...

Marco
18-05-2020, 09:34
This is only for someone who is attempting to cut from the major social media sites
In case you are looking for "self-hosted" chat server software

blocking the distribution site - wont do much :)

---------- Post added 17-05-2020 at 18:58 ----------

At the moment i've "Rocket.chat"
it works ... half way ... but it works - totally not the best one as they say

When hosting own chat server - one should consider the uploads .... size of them ...
server that i use on Hetzner - has 40gb free space .... - thats just not enough ... :) .. my pals posting muz everyday ...

By "blacklisted" I meant I won't consider registering on that website or downloading its desktop app.