PDA

View Full Version : Classic Sam on Android

Supersniper98
26-10-2019, 18:24
----------Full translation of Vampir's post(s)----------

Since many years I am dreaming of playing Serious Sam: The Second Encounter, on my mobile device (Android) and I am happy, that this is now possible thanks to the developer - aarcangeli.

Here is a link from where you can download the APK file - https://github.com/aarcangeli/Serious-Sam-Android#

Let's just proceed with the installation:

Important! Select "Done", and not "Open", because it is necessary to copy the files from the PC version (preferably Steam version)

We create a folder named "Serious Sam", in the main SD directory and we copy the following .gro files:
SE1_00.gro
SE1_00_Extra.gro
SE1_00_ExtraTools.gro
SE1_00_Levels.gro
SE1_00_Logo.gro
SE1_00_Music.gro
1_04_patch.gro
1_07_tools.gro

Now we can start the game. And here is our favorite BOMB! AWESOME!

The resolution is good 1280x720

I am disappointed from the lack of multiplayer - NETWORK (2 of the menus Network and Split Screen are inactive, for the 2nd it is understandable) But I am thankful, that I have the game!

Select Single Player and then New Game, to start your new game.

The graphics returned my happiness! I love it when it is classic, dynamic....

The console is active - very good. I personally turn off the visibility, of the chat messages.

This is how the most serious one looks like during gameplay!

The controllers are comfortable, when you count the fact that, I don't play Android games.

After the installation and the testing of the game I came up with an idea, to make an experiment. I copied the Player0.plr from where previously in the menu (PC version) I had set thirdperson as default and set my favorite crosshair. I made a savegame in the last level in Split Screen and I put it in the folder savegame/player0.
Part of the effect is visible, on the previous images.

Practically it is possible, to play in multiplayer and I don't know, why they have turned off this option. I hope in the next version, that they will unlock it.

That was it from me... I wish you a pleasant game!

--------------------

--------------------

I installed myself the rework of - Skyrimus
I found it here (https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=942755&st=940#entry89242564)

He has separated the APK file for FE and SE versions of the game.

In the options there are more menus (the previous one had only the Android Port Settings). Some functions are still inactive, probably they are incompatible.

I noticed, that the Android version of Serious Sam is based, on the mod Fix42. The command GoToMarker lead me to this thought.
To be exact, it wasn't the only factor... but anyway.

This is how the entire arena is skipped - without effort, without fight. Ah, this lazy generation!

I accessed the hidden menus

I went out of my way to turn on my Gamepad, but some buttons, like shooting, jumping, crouching are inactive for me and I tried to load, the already available to me ones from the PC version. They are visible, but it didn't work.

If there is something new - I will share it. I hope above everything else, that we will have servers soon. To play with someone, while I lay down on some field, or while I travel with the bus or the train. Hehe... Dreams! Dreams!

--------------------

Ostap
01-11-2019, 19:20
Super !!!

Old
06-11-2019, 16:01
Super !!!

Hello, thanks for this interesting review of Serious Sam for Android and I hope that will continue. Your friend from France.