PDA

View Full Version : Fix42 Mod ....

Ostap
17-08-2017, 21:54
For anyone interested
there is source code of Fix42 mod available - https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/downloads.php?do=file&id=439

I hopped "Vitek" would add it to the "FE Plus" ...but it seems he abandoned his project..
anyway ... there are still lots of useful functions...

Marco
02-08-2018, 16:59
For anyone interested
there is source code of Fix42 mod available - https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/downloads.php?do=file&id=439

I hopped "Vitek" would add it to the "FE Plus" ...but it seems he abandoned his project..
anyway ... there are still lots of useful functions...

Just downloaded this today and tested it in a frag server.

It seems it has interesting features.

But this mod deleted frags/deaths messages on the console. In the ReadMe it is written that it adds an additional log for frags, but I can't find this log...

I'll update this post if I figure out.

Ostap
02-08-2018, 20:24
But this mod deleted frags/deaths messages on the console. In the ReadMe it is written that it adds an additional log for frags, but I can't find this log...

I'll update this post if I figure out.

:) not exactly ...
It is optional ... - use the fix42_iShowKillMessages parameter to enable/disable the old console messages

and that additional log - is not in console - but an OSD message (On Screen Display)

Marco
03-08-2018, 09:19
:) not exactly ...
It is optional ... - use the fix42_iShowKillMessages parameter to enable/disable the old console messages

and that additional log - is not in console - but an OSD message (On Screen Display)

Thanks a lot, it helped. Even if in coop, messages like "Igrok 1 is riding the gun again" are still not shown.

Also, I've noticed that it hasn't an auto-screenshooting script when you have 49 frags out of 50 or 29 frags out of 30 in a deathmatch. Unfortunately I don't know anything about coding, otherwise I would try using the source code to add that script.

However I used this yesterday for even playing coop and I was able to play Ziggurat, Elephant Atrium and Gilgamesh Courtyards continuously without having any bad syncs even if I had aim flickering due to lag (but I've always experienced this ingame). Today I should try Citadel, another map where I have this problem.

Ostap
04-08-2018, 00:51
"Igrok 1 is riding the gun again" are still not shown.

True - all of those are removed
You want them back ?

Also, I've noticed that it hasn't an auto-screenshooting script when you have 49 frags out of 50 or 29 frags out of 30 in a deathmatch. Unfortunately I don't know anything about coding, otherwise I would try using the source code to add that script.

An auto screenshooting ... you say ...
...at the end of the game (time or score)....you've continued...
thats a nice idea ... !!!
I'm totally adding this !

I used this yesterday for even playing coop and I was able to play Ziggurat, Elephant Atrium and Gilgamesh Courtyards continuously without having any bad syncs even if I had aim flickering due to lag (but I've always experienced this ingame).

Sorry cannot confirm here - I never attempted to improve network...just the visual side
If you had lesser bad syncs - that's just the network ...not the Fix42...sorry

---------- Post added 04-08-2018 at 00:09 ----------

I'm totally adding this !

actually - why not take a screenshot on every frag ?

Marco
08-08-2018, 10:36
True - all of those are removed
You want them back ?

Yes, I don't get why messages like "Swashed" or "Stood in the sun for too long" (besides that one quoted on the previous post) should disappear...

I'm totally adding this

Some years ago, on a website which now is.... "forbidden", I found a dll's zip called "No Lag Script With Autoscreen". It was made to remove screen stuttering under 54ms ping (I would like to test this, but I've never found a server in which I could ping so low... so, I have no idea what screen stuttering under 54ms ingame is...) and it added an autoscreenshooting function when you have only one frag remaining. The coder for those dll's was named "Politician".

Btw, it was you the author of this fix42mod? I thought it was that guy "Vitek" that you quoted in the first post.

Well, so, it could be nice if the autoscreenshooting function would work only when you reach the final score or you are 1st classified at the end of a deathmatch which has timelimit but no fraglimit.

Sorry cannot confirm here - I never attempted to improve network...just the visual side
If you had lesser bad syncs - that's just the network ...not the Fix42...sorry

It's 100% dll's issue. Tested.

This is on Hunting Grounds with Politician's dlls:

And this is from the clean folder that has 2002 dll's and needs ISO in order to start the game:

A strange thing I've noticed: when I put 2002 dll's under the folder which had Politician's dlls first and Fix42 later (by replacing them; check for my game on Hunting Grounds with "Marco - 2002 dll's" or so) game was running fine and I didn't have bad synicing.

So, about no network improvement you are right; but I mean that the problem is the mismatching dll's between client and server (EntitiesMP and GameMP).

Here some stresstests with Fix42Mod 4 days ago, still on Hunting Grounds:

I pressed 4-5 times F11 but I took only these 2 screens because of frame rate. Played for a while and no bad syncs.

About frame rate drops, I found a solution for this: set Sam priority to low and only 1 CPU out of 2.

---------- Post added 04-08-2018 at 00:09 ----------

actually - why not take a screenshot on every frag ?

No, for every frag it doesn't make sense. There are frag movies for them. ;)

Marco
28-09-2018, 11:51
Maybe it is too early for saying it, but last evening I've got this message:

:D

Ostap
09-10-2018, 22:16
Congrats !

Though - you do understand that this message is just a jock ... to counter count the constant "bad sync" messages... :)

But - i've not seen you in the list of people with bad sync for some while:

Marco
29-10-2018, 23:31
Congrats !

Though - you do understand that this message is just a jock ... to counter count the constant "bad sync" messages... :)

But - i've not seen you in the list of people with bad sync for some while:

While I'm still trying to figure out how I got rid of the storm I was in the middle of, this morning, I have to inform you that last night I had bad syncs because of a speedrunner: TOMMEK from Germany... :pitiful: :pitiful: :pitiful:

I was playing City of The Gods at Co-op 06, Normal difficulty, all was going fine. When this guy joined and skipped the map, I started to have bad syncs after loading Serpent Yards... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Btw, I missed this reply you posted 20 days ago.

On the other hand, I would propose a few changes for the mod. The problem is these changes would affect both server and client side... But first I will add some thoughts about current score system.

*A thing I'd like to do was to add a new score system for deathmatch: when Player A has 49 frags and 10 deaths, he/she should lead the game ranking and not an opponent which has more deaths.
With the old Croteam system, instead, Player B can win the game if he reaches 50 frags even if he died 60 times (obviously if Player A remains at 49; but Player B has not 50 actual points)!
The problem is how to establish criteria for increasing the score. A death could lock the score with a proportion of 1 death out of 3 frags or 1 out of 5.
For example, if Player A has 5 frags and 1 death (without starting any kill series) he/she can lead scoreboard with 5 points. But if he/she gets fragged once again, he/she has to kill 3 or 5 opponents in a row without dying to get the 6th point. Obviously a suicide means -1 point.
I don't exactly know how did it work on Quake Live, but players with the same frags had different scores because of deaths and suicides.

The scheme on HUD should be:

"Player A |Score|" the Player list you see at top right corner of the screen. And a toggle on/off scoreboard which shows "Player A |Score| |K / D / Sui|".

And for kill series: double-triple-multi kill, killing spree, rampage, dominating, etc, a bonus should be added for increasing the score much faster.

Double kill--> +2 extra points;
Triple kill--> +3 extra points;
Quad kill/Multi kill--> +4 extra points;
Killing Spree--> +5 extra points;
Rampage--> +6 extra points (not 10, or else it is OP!!)
Dominating--> +7 extra points;
Unstoppable--> +8 extra points;
Godlike--> +9 extra points;
Wicked Sick--> +10 extra points.

And when a player gets fragged after a kill series, some extra points should be removed for balancing the score:

Double kill, Triple kill--> -1 point;
Quad kill/Multi kill, Killing Spree--> -2 points;
Rampage, Dominating--> -3 points
Unstoppable, Godlike--> -4 points;
Wicked Sick--> -5 points.

The removed points must be added to that player who stops the opponent's kill series.
Player A has 5 frags and 0 deaths. Since he/she is on a killing spree, he/she gets +5 extra points. Player B has 0-5 with a score of 0. Now B should kill Player C and/or Player D 3 or 5 times (I suggest a proportion of 1 out of 3) to get 1 st point. But if he/she kills Player A, he/she will get 2 extra points, having a score of 2.*

Don't count this as a real proposal: it is difficult to code it, criteria are not very clear... and if you do it, I should pay you for that! :P

But there are 2 simple things and one less simple which could be added:

- Remove Biomechanoid (We Got Skulls and Bones Too) and Santa (Yodeller) from frags count: I don't want to totally remove them (and it would be enough Serious Editor for that), but I wish they don't count as a frag. Santa is an entity that gives you bonuses (mainly supers and powerups), not a player. Same for Biomechanoid, which is actually a trap like cannons or underground rockets on that map.

- FOV increasing, like it was on 1.50 patch. As far as I know, FOV in deathmatch, in normal 1.05-1.07 is forced to 90 degrees even if you set a different value (I found this somewhere inside the sdk...). In 1.50 patch this code part was removed and you were free to set a FOV higher than 90 degrees. :)

- An experimental functionality which makes cannonball acting as it was a grenade: exploding when hitting a player, with a total damage of 185-190. The problem is I checked the cannonball properties on source code several months ago and it was damn complicated. I remember something like 13 explosions...

I know it is pointless to write these things in 2018. This game should have to be balanced like that in 2002-2003, even with lower weapon damages (which I won't write about) and custom maps inside the official patches. But everyone of us know how Croteam treats its own games and community.

*I wrote that stuff about the score anyway, because I want to know your opinions and what would you change of that proposal and if you would add it on Fix42.

Ostap
30-11-2018, 00:06
New version of Fix42 Released - 11.3

with minor bug fixes (fixed crash for some russian users)
plus extra parameter fix42_iShowCrossHairWhenFlying added for crosshair when in detached observer mode

Ostap
16-12-2018, 23:21
New version Fix42 released - 11.4

with fixed OSD (On screen Display) messages disabled while playing Demo.
Those are disabled ...so they wont get stuck when map changes.

Ostap
08-02-2019, 22:24
Good news everyone

New version of Fix42 is released !!!

https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/downloads.php?do=file&id=437

Changes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11.5 version - show player name in current window option added (to easily identify who's playing)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12.0 version - Fix42 is now tethered with 42 servers and able to do many things
for now - those are implemented:

Teleportation - command @goto added ...(please use @index command to get the player index)

Bad sync ....FINALLY !!! ... is fixed (function is experimental but works fine so far) -
now on first bad sync - server will send local data to client in order to re-sync

For anyone interested - code is also available for download at - https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/downloads.php?do=file&id=439

Note:

Teleportation will only work when all players in the game have Fix42 mod present ....otherwise its disabled
Re-Sync option ...available only to Fix42 clients as well ...but not required for everyone to have (re-sync is sent personally)

Ostap
10-02-2019, 18:42
bad news everyone ...

last changes - caused bunch of bad sync for other players

All new functionality of Fix42 is disabled for now

Ostap
17-03-2019, 13:28
Good news everyone...

New version of Fix42 released ! (available here: https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/downloads.php?do=file&id=437)

Changes List:

Players list displayed only once on multiple open observer windows

Server names coloring is enabled (SeriousSam.exe)
(if you had SeriousSam.exe with patched Master Server - after replacement you might not see the servers list - therefore an patched Engine.dll is included in this version)

Anyone with ultra wide monitor - will be glad to use this version:
21/9 aspect ratio added to the resolutions list - as well anyone with 4K monitors - will be able to select a correct resolution

Note: - Croteam adapter enumeration does not deliver a complete list of supported resolutions...
So if anyone will have their resolution missing in the list - please let me know - I'll add them.

More network settings added (if someone still missing it)

For anyone hosting server and willing to make use of colored server names there is fixed DedicatedServer.exe
This version will post undecorated server names to clients. Clients without Fix42 mod - will see names as before - undecorated
DedicateServer.exe is build on Alex[Rocketeers] code that include multi-master server options.
(more info here: https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/downloads.php?do=file&id=423)

For anyone willing to change more - there is source as well with 2 more projects added (serioussam.exe & dedicatedserver.exe)

https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/downloads.php?do=file&id=439

Ostap
04-04-2019, 23:17
Good news everyone !!

New version of Fix42 is out : https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/downloads.php?do=file&id=437

And this time there is something cool :)
The new and mighty MAD system !! - Map Auto Download ...........TA DAAA !!! :bunnystars:

Now you can play on any server with custom maps without downloading them - that'll be done automatically for you
System will even work on other servers as long map is in 42amsterdam repository.

After map is downloaded - you'll simply proceed with connection to the server. no reboot required.

Marco
09-04-2019, 10:17
Good news everyone !!

New version of Fix42 is out : https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/downloads.php?do=file&id=437

And this time there is something cool :)
The new and mighty MAD system !! - Map Auto Download ...........TA DAAA !!! :bunnystars:

Now you can play on any server with custom maps without downloading them - that'll be done automatically for you
System will even work on other servers as long map is in 42amsterdam repository.

After map is downloaded - you'll simply proceed with connection to the server. no reboot required.

A Quake 3's feature has finally landed to Serious Sam!!! :kneel: :kneel: :kneel:

If only Croteam did put this in 2001-2002.... Gamers would have played custom maps in deathmatch. Until 2-3 years ago I didn't even know about the existence of Shotty Tomb, Courtyard, Frag Arena, Alnitak, Big Trouble and hundred more maps for both FE and SE!!

Now I don't want to discuss this here, but one reason (not the main, nor the only one), one of thousand reasons why did Serious Sam die was in my opinion the poor variety of played maps, because almost no one downloaded the new ones (except for Shotty Trouble and Shotty Complex) during the past 14 years. :(

Thank you Ostap :allrespect:, even if it is late for adding this in 2019. :dohdoh: :dohdoh: :dohdoh:

Ostap
10-04-2019, 22:28
Version 16.2 is out ( https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/downloads.php?do=file&id=437 )
If anybody had flickering screen after downloading map - there is a fix for it

Map is downloaded before engine would check for its existence - therefor whole process is more fluent now (no re-connects when file missing)

Marco
20-04-2019, 11:35
Version 16.2 is out

It is the first time for me to see main menu interface, with smaller fonts which don't arrive on the bottom, like this:

But there is something to fix on other graphic interfaces:

Here I can't set "Bits per Pixel" option. Secondly, my Windows resolution panel says my monitor can handle 1280x1024 resolution (I have set this on desktop in fact).

It is an old SamTron 75EM I have since 2000-01, that's why I'm on 4:3. But the graphic glitch also happens with 16:9 resolutions.

Here I set 1024x768 because it is the only max/high resolution present on 4:3 list that fits my monitor. Other higher resolutions (1152x864 and 1280x960 I guess) give me lateral black borders. :(

Also, look at connection description here:

Menu options must be placed a bit lower than netsettings info.

How do resolution infos work on Sam? If it is not that complex, I could add more resolutions myself.

Supersniper98
20-04-2019, 17:22
Menu options must be placed a bit lower than netsettings info.

Hi Marco, why don't you add whatever is in these parentheses on a separate line in the .des file so that it is only visible when you hover your mouse over it in the network setting selection menu??? and this problem will be history)

Marco
21-04-2019, 11:00
Hi Marco, why don't you add whatever is in these parentheses on a separate line in the .des file so that it is only visible when you hover your mouse over it in the network setting selection menu??? and this problem will be history)

Heh, I wrote it badly. I meant in pause menu, not in connection selection. That screen has been taken while I was on a Co-op server. Look at both previous screens above: main menu and pause menu. Those options appear to be too much attached on the top, they must be centered.

Then, I was looking for resolution scripts... nothing, they must have been included inside the exe or inside dlls. Maybe just adding 1280x1024 to 4:3/16:9 resolutions (inside SeriousSam.exe or its dlls) could solve the issue, or I can make another try by setting Windows resolution to 1024x768 (even if desktop would appear uglier then). Ostap added 21:9 resolutions to this patch, thats why I was asking about adding 1280x1024, that is absent on 4:3 and 16:9 modes.

And happy Easter to all, I don't know if Bulgarian/Greek is different (you guys are orthodox there). But whatever, happy Easter anyway.

EDIT: Changing Windows resolution didn't solve the issue. Another example when starting a local game:

PS: Connection selection and "Game Options" while configuring a local session are well shown:

Ostap
21-04-2019, 11:36
Yea in some resolutions ...centering gets screwed a bit ...
I'll fix it

Supersniper98
21-04-2019, 17:30
Heh, I wrote it badly. I meant in pause menu, not in connection selection. That screen has been taken while I was on a Co-op server.
But that is what i meant, hide this so it is only visible in the Connection Selection menu and not in the pause menu by adding it to the next line in the .des file

And happy Easter to all, I don't know if Bulgarian/Greek is different (you guys are orthodox there). But whatever, happy Easter anyway.

Yea happy easter... here it is next week

Marco
24-04-2019, 12:26
But that is what i meant, hide this so it is only visible in the Connection Selection menu and not in the pause menu by adding it to the next line in the .des file

Ok, tried this and it is perfectly doable and it works. Just 2 problems came out:

- On netscripts choosing menu, netscript's name has been replaced by a <none>;

- It is true a too long name will not be shown anymore in pause menu; but if I do this with multiple connections, later on I couldn't see the script I'm using.

e.g.: I start having lags or spikes and I want to change script (it is more than one year I don't do it anymore). If I rename a multiple scripts with an empty space, I should hover my mouse at every time, to read what screen I'm looking for. The solution would be to rename it with a shorten name and it's over.

The long name script shown on that screen was for sharing purposes once I will upload it in dowload section, and I forgot to rename it.

However, althought this doesn't affect gameplay, menu's options still have to be centered better, because it is horrible to see (not for me, but for people who carefully look at every single graphic detail on a game).

Yea happy easter... here it is next week

Xaxaxa) I'm lucky with this: last monday our priest was celebrating a mass for St. Stephen (I'm a protector of that saint), which concides with Easter Monday (it is called "Angel's Monday" or "Monday of Angel" in italian, make your own choice about the correct form; translater uses Easter Monday, like in sardinian btw), and lastly he said "Next sunday is the SECOND Easter' sunday". So we can exchange SYNCRO Easter's best wishes directly on sunday! :rock: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Supersniper98
24-04-2019, 18:56
- On netscripts choosing menu, netscript's name has been replaced by a <none>;

Yes I did not say to put the entire name on a new line... only a part of it, so that it does not clip with the menu in-game... like that for example:

- It is true a too long name will not be shown anymore in pause menu; but if I do this with multiple connections, later on I couldn't see the script I'm using.

e.g.: I start having lags or spikes and I want to change script (it is more than one year I don't do it anymore). If I rename a multiple scripts with an empty space, I should hover my mouse at every time, to read what screen I'm looking for. The solution would be to rename it with a shorten name and it's over.

You should bind those settings to a button or make a script to switch between them etc...

The long name script shown on that screen was for sharing purposes once I will upload it in dowload section, and I forgot to rename it.
I gave up on making connection settings long ago... I can now simply spam enter when I connect.... all of my settings are already saved in PersistentSymbols.ini.... if there is a need to change something I use a few buttons (prediction, prediction steps, buffer)

Xaxaxa) I'm lucky with this: last monday our priest was celebrating a mass for St. Stephen (I'm a protector of that saint), which concides with Easter Monday (it is called "Angel's Monday" or "Monday of Angel" in italian, make your own choice about the correct form; translater uses Easter Monday, like in sardinian btw), and lastly he said "Next sunday is the SECOND Easter' sunday". So we can exchange SYNCRO Easter's best wishes directly on sunday!

uh don't know..... I am not a very religious person... I don't go that night to the church as well... coz over here in my region that is highly dangerous... so many situations where people got injured by stupid bombs/fireworks etc... and also it is boring lolo

Marco
27-04-2019, 12:48
Yes I did not say to put the entire name on a new line... only a part of it, so that it does not clip with the menu in-game... like that for example:

You should bind those settings to a button or make a script to switch between them etc...

I gave up on making connection settings long ago... I can now simply spam enter when I connect.... all of my settings are already saved in PersistentSymbols.ini.... if there is a need to change something I use a few buttons (prediction, prediction steps, buffer)

Yes, I see that.

Ok, by editing the ".ctl" (don't remember if Common.ctl or System.ctl) inside the "Controls" folder.

STM fonts?

uh don't know..... I am not a very religious person... I don't go that night to the church as well... coz over here in my region that is highly dangerous... so many situations where people got injured by stupid bombs/fireworks etc... and also it is boring lolo

No. When we wish "happy Easter" to each other, we mean the "laic" way you spend both days: example, those german, french, spanish (and some czech lastly) tourists who travel here in Sardinia to take photos and also take a tour around for visiting our mountains, our countrysides, museums, etc... or just having the classic Easter lunch by eating a roasted lamb. :)

I'm not on a confraternity anymore since 2008, so I don't go Via Crucis, Easter Procession, Christmas mass at midnight anymore... St. Stephen and few other events (weddings, funerals, baptisms, masses celebrated in memory of our loved ones.. a few times per year) are the only circumstances I go to church, don't get me as a fanatical catechist. xD

So in your zone the "fireworks" tradition does happen at around Easter? Or are you talking about their general use during New Year events, etc?

In Italy, every year at december 31st, police seize huge amount of illegal fireworks... but injuries and accidents still happen. :dohdoh:

Supersniper98
27-04-2019, 18:27
Ok, by editing the ".ctl" (don't remember if Common.ctl or System.ctl) inside the "Controls" folder.

Yes it is Controls\System\Common.ctl for keybinds and Scripts\Commands for scripts that can be executed as in-game commands... there is a limit to them... but I have managed to create a lot of things just by experimenting)) for example a calculator, a chatlog... a timer etc

STM fonts?
Yes, old STM fonts

So in your zone the "fireworks" tradition does happen at around Easter?
Yep, even more than in New Year because people here are so "religious" or whatever... I am pretty sure accidents here happen in some place every single year

Ostap
05-07-2019, 20:43
Version 16.3 is out - (https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/downloads.php?do=file&id=437)

Fixed observer speed control and added actual speed to the display
As well - this version fixed crash in FE on Russian version of Sam

Marco
19-08-2019, 10:53
Good news everyone

New version of Fix42 is released !!!

Changes:

11.5 version - show player name in current window option added (to easily identify who's playing)

12.0 version - Fix42 is now tethered with 42 servers and able to do many things
for now - those are implemented:

[LIST=1]
Teleportation - command @goto added ...(please use @index command to get the player index)

Sorry, Ostap, I didn't check at the options, but... Is there a way to disable the ID player at least in Deathmatch? In DM selected player's name or his/her score is blue/green colored and the otherones are white. So this function could be used only on Cooperative.

EDIT: Aaaand... Why not add Killing Spree/Rampage etc.. messages during a demo? It would be nice. :)

Ostap
19-08-2019, 18:39
Sorry, Ostap, I didn't check at the options, but... Is there a way to disable the ID player at least in Deathmatch? In DM selected player's name or his/her score is blue/green colored and the otherones are white. So this function could be used only on Cooperative.

EDIT: Aaaand... Why not add Killing Spree/Rampage etc.. messages during a demo? It would be nice. :)

there is "fix42_iShowCurrentPlayerName"

---------- Post added 19-08-2019 at 18:42 ----------

Aaaand... Why not add Killing Spree/Rampage etc.. messages during a demo? It would be nice. :)

Already thought about it - might be a good idea
I'll check into it - i still have old RF mode somewhere - with all the code from Politician that made it available

red3ninja
20-08-2019, 17:31

I'll check into it - i still have old RF mode somewhere - with all the code from Politician that made it available

I noticed RF sounds are not heard. You may have added a name and it is only for you. This is a bug on RF server...
Some time ago I made my version of sound system. I edited the script on RF for server statistic. I stopped the statistics and activity report parameter in response to the server and replaced it with audio. There was an Angelo page for statistics ... The game scored 5 points for this or that .. -5 points for suicide .. And some points for revenge.

Old video https://cloud.mail.ru/public/KnMR/R9VE5M3jV

Marco
12-09-2019, 15:10
there is "fix42_iShowCurrentPlayerName"

I found it, thanks! :)

---------- Post added 19-08-2019 at 18:42 ----------

What is RF for? Rockets Forever? Other RF I know is a driving simulator called rFactor... :wtf:

And, a little OT question: what else did Politician make available? I have heard he wrote some scripts for bots on Serious Sam...

Ostap
12-09-2019, 23:27
What is RF for? Rockets Forever?

Yep

what else did Politician make available? I have heard he wrote some scripts for bots on Serious Sam...

donno about that - all i've in his code is protection against fake connects, CRC custom lists and those messages about multiple kills in frag
all i could find in RF code Alex Rocketeers gave me.
His changes helped me alot to pin-point places i would like to look at :)

42amsterdam runs now on RFX42 version of the code :) ...based on original RF + some more
as well using EML modification - contributed by ZCaliptium & EML42 - with more additions....:)

Marco
13-09-2019, 12:03
[...]
donno about that - all i've in his code is protection against fake connects, CRC custom lists and those messages about multiple kills in frag
all i could find in RF code Alex Rocketeers gave me.
His changes helped me alot to pin-point places i would like to look at :)

Oh no, what a shame if bots data has been lost then.. :(

It was just for learning purposes, since I did some research last year about bot programming. I would like to see how the algorithm A* (used for bots) worked in practice...

42amsterdam runs now on RFX42 version of the code :) ...based on original RF + some more
as well using EML modification - contributed by ZCaliptium & EML42 - with more additions....:)

Do you mean 42Amsterdam servers?

Back to Fix42, I think that Santa Sam on Yodeller and Biomechanoid on Skulls&Bones should not count in game as frags.

I noticed on Yodeller that game continues when a player hits 50. Winner exits automatically, but the other players remaining on the map keep playing. I think it is related to Santa kills. Is there a way to not count them without removing Santa and Biomech?

Ostap
16-09-2019, 18:15
I noticed on Yodeller that game continues when a player hits 50. Winner exits automatically, but the other players remaining on the map keep playing. I think it is related to Santa kills. Is there a way to not count them without removing Santa and Biomech?

Doubt that - frag count built into server and client
I can remove them from stats ....but not from the game

They will always count - unless removed from the map :)

Ostap
16-09-2019, 20:44
Oh no, what a shame if bots data has been lost then.. :(

It was just for learning purposes, since I did some research last year about bot programming. I would like to see how the algorythm A* (used for bots) worked in practice...

Doubt that too :) ... - Zeo released few versions of frag with bots
There is one of the older versions in download (no code)
Try asking around GZ24 forum... but be careful - they bites

---------- Post added 16-09-2019 at 20:51 ----------

Politician (https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/memberr.php?u=211) is registered on this forum
ask him personally

Marco
17-09-2019, 15:47
Doubt that - frag count built into server and client
I can remove them from stats ....but not from the game

They will always count - unless removed from the map :)

Hmm, so they have life points and count as Coop enemy entities... right?

Ok, on Skull&Bones I edited the map back in 2017. I removed triggers that activated Biomech and edited powerups positions and timings. Also, copiers are used to delay powerup spawn (like on Serious Sam HD).
Here (http://www.mediafire.com/file/pl01wfoll22divn/WeGotSkullsNBonesToo_Copy1.wld/file).

For Yodeller I have an idea that I will test. :yes: I will find out whether it woks or not... :hmmm:

Doubt that too :) ... - Zeo released few versions of frag with bots
There is one of the older versions in download (no code)
Try asking around GZ24 forum... but be careful - they bites

Yes, they last year released a new version with STM Entities finally available (on Serious Editor) and I gave them a try. But those new entities CANNOT be renamed, so the main risk is a messy list of:

Node
Node
Node
Node
Node
Node
Node
Node
BOTwall
BOTwall
BOTwall
BOTwall
BOTcampingzone
BOTcampingzone
BOTcampingzone

and so on... Yes, I can locate them in wireframe mode, but it would be messy anyway (especially nodes, that are 90% of entities used for bot pathfinding).

I can try contacting Zeo there, but I don't think he is active anymore (and perhaps that project has ended too). I have an account on GZ I registered back in 2013 because of Padrino.

One day we were playing on Little Trouble or maybe Shotty, and I asked about netsettings. He told me "Register to Gamezone24 and pm me, I'll give you lag fixes".
Well, I subscribed and after 6 years I'm still waiting for his tweaked netsettings!

6828 :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

(which actually means I'm not awaiting anymore and I made my own netsettings... that is italian slang!)
Anyway, I can make a try. Even if looks like there is no more activity on that forum.

---------- Post added 16-09-2019 at 20:51 ----------

Politician (https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/memberr.php?u=211) is registered on this forum
ask him personally

Is he registered here too? Thank you for the link, I can see if he is still alive! :)

In case I will receive "Padrino style" answers (read "no answer"), I found something (https://dev.to/jansonsa/a-star-a-path-finding-c-4a4h) about bot algorithm code last afternoon.

red3ninja
16-12-2019, 14:10
Is there an option that stops console visibility? When someone writes something, they cannot be seen. The sound is stopped for me, but still my gaze stops and I do unnecessary things instead of playing. I have to explain that I'm not a wallhack, but that I'm lucky. Or why I play with a knife, cannon, etc. Why I use power pups ... Because it's a game and it's fun. Sometimes I play one way, other times...
I'm not angry when someone is playing with a sniper, minigun or grenade launcher. When I don't have a gun and I'm shot. This is a game. That's how Croteam came up with it, and I'm pleased. If someone doesn't like it, there are other games. May Google Translate has translated everything.

Ostap
17-12-2019, 14:07
Is there an option that stops console visibility? When someone writes something, they cannot be seen. The sound is stopped for me, but still my gaze stops and I do unnecessary things instead of playing. I have to explain that I'm not a wallhack, but that I'm lucky. Or why I play with a knife, cannon, etc. Why I use power pups ... Because it's a game and it's fun. Sometimes I play one way, other times...
I'm not angry when someone is playing with a sniper, minigun or grenade launcher. When I don't have a gun and I'm shot. This is a game. That's how Croteam came up with it, and I'm pleased. If someone doesn't like it, there are other games. May Google Translate has translated everything.

Not sure if I understood you correctly - you want to remove console (make invisible) completely ?

Ostap
17-12-2019, 23:04
Not sure if I understood you correctly - you want to remove console (make invisible) completely ?

@red3ninja - plz post your request in native language - we'll try to work it out

red3ninja
19-12-2019, 13:43
I adjusted it

gam_fChatSoundVolume = 0;
con_iLastLines = 0;

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Old
03-01-2020, 01:51
Hello friends,
I did a new fresh install of Serious Sam SE after having some issues with Windows 10
I patch the dlls to see the 42Amsterdam servers and also install the latest 42Fix
but I cannot change the advanced 42Fix options in menu
as for example the ping if I change option (Yes/No) it will not be save
Does it have something I must do in install?
Thanks.

red3ninja
03-01-2020, 15:35
Hello friends,
I did a new fresh install of Serious Sam SE after having some issues with Windows 10
I patch the dlls to see the 42Amsterdam servers and also install the latest 42Fix
but I cannot change the advanced 42Fix options in menu
as for example the ping if I change option (Yes/No) it will not be save
Does it have something I must do in install?
Thanks.

There are two ways.
One is to open ...\Scripts\Game_Startup.ini and enter command and value.
The other way is to create buttons for activation and deactivation ...\Controls\System\Common.ctl
Haha
There is a third way ... To edit PersistentSymbols.ini

FIX42 comands:
fix42_iShowEnemyKillInfo=(value);
fix42_iShowKillMessages=(value);
fix42_iShowScoreInfo=(value);
fix42_iShowFragInfo=(value);
fix42_iShowDeathInfo=(value);
fix42_iShowPing=(value);
fix42_iShowKills=(value);
fix42_iShowDoubleDots=(value);
fix42_iFragInfo_FontSize=(value);
fix42_iFragInfo_HideDelay=(value);
fix42_iFragInfo_IconSet=(value);
fix42_iFragInfo_LargeRevoIcons=(value);
fix42_iFixedFont_CharSpacing=(value);
fix42_iPingUpdateSpeed=(value);
fix42_iShowCurrentPlayerName=(value);
fix42_iConsoleCharsPerLine=(value);
fix42_iObserver_OOM_NoFlicker=(value);
fix42_fObserver_FlySpeed=(value);
fix42_iObserver_ShowHUD=(value);
fix42_iObserver_MiniWinLayout=(value);
fix42_iObserver_MiniWinFillEmpty=(value);
fix42_iShowCrossHairWhenFlying=(value);
fix42_iAutoSelectNewPlayer=(value);

Old
04-01-2020, 22:08
Thanks I did a new fresh install of Windows 10 now I have the correct 42Fix options menu

Ostap
22-02-2020, 16:40
Good news everyone

New version of Fix42 is available:

---------- Post added 22-02-2020 at 16:57 ----------

Minor update (v17.1) ...to fix re-sync

Ostap
23-02-2020, 01:04
And more updates ....17.3
Teleportation fix

Ostap
23-02-2020, 16:57
Still updating :)
Version 17.4 with more fixes for bad syncs and FOV

Ostap
24-02-2020, 03:55
Updates should be off now :)...
Last one for this week is version 17.5

Thanx to all who participated - it is NOT the best version ..but its playable
I'll keep the mod improving as much as i can.

Ostap
22-04-2020, 11:53
Good news everyone

New version is out !
17.8 - with fixed bad syncs on SE game type

available for download here: https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/downloads.php?do=file&id=437

Rakanishu
22-04-2020, 19:33
Nice.

What was the problem?

Ostap
22-04-2020, 23:55
Nice.

What was the problem?

FOV ....any change to it causes a bad sync

CLICK
23-04-2020, 08:52
FOV ....any change to it causes a bad sync

I've managed to create working version 16.3 combined with fixed widescreen FOV by replacing .exe file from my old BIN folder.
16.3 have no <54ms ping fix (when screen have "shaking" glitch).

I will test this latest version soon as possible

Supersniper98
23-04-2020, 17:04

No version has that... but might be a good idea to add

Ostap
23-04-2020, 17:41
I've managed to create working version 16.3 combined with fixed widescreen FOV by replacing .exe file from my old BIN folder.

I will test this latest version soon as possible

aaaand your autodownload file is broken now :)

CLICK
23-04-2020, 20:16
No version has that... but might be a good idea to add

It would be usefull fix, but i doubt that anyone have source code except the author (not sure, but i think it's Politician (https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/memberr.php?u=211)).
Except if someone can decrypt .dll backwards and get source code... :lol:. That fix also contain auto-screenshot feature, that would be usefull for fragmatch (ofc with on/off commands)

aaaand your autodownload file is broken now :)

U'll fix that on next update i guess :P

U still need to work around TMBS:

https://i.imgur.com/b4EqIjU.jpg

It took like 40sec to happen

v16.3 is the latest working version, maybe to take a look there :hmmm:
GL

Ostap
24-04-2020, 14:59
It took like 40sec to happen

v16.3 is the latest working version, maybe to take a look there :hmmm:
GL

have you tried the 17.8 version already ?

CLICK
24-04-2020, 16:36
have you tried the 17.8 version already ?

Yup, TMBS on first frag game :(

Ostap
25-04-2020, 04:34
Yup, TMBS on first frag game :(

Try again with 17.9 version

CLICK
25-04-2020, 15:42
Try again with 17.9 version

Works fine! No TMBS except sometimes on COOP

Is there any command to enable console history?
For example, I don't have any message info when windmill crush me on an Yodeller. :P

Ostap
25-04-2020, 18:20
Works fine! No TMBS except sometimes on COOP

Is there any command to enable console history?
For example, I don't have any message info when windmill crush me on an Yodeller. :P

ah :) ...its cleared on start - but you can still look in the log file right after

CLICK
25-04-2020, 20:11
ah :) ...its cleared on start - but you can still look in the log file right after

Is there any way to c it while playing? ^^

Ostap
26-04-2020, 01:18
Is there any way to c it while playing? ^^
np ... i'll make "clear_screen_on_start" optional
but you'll have to find a bigger bug to make the 17.10 version

Ostap
30-07-2020, 15:16
Good news everyone

New version is out !
18.0 - There are no changes in the code - only additional DLL added (Advanced Monster & Item Classes (https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/downloads.php?do=file&id=572) (EntitiesAdvMP.dll)) from Heming_Hitrowski in order to support maps that utilize it

available for download here: https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/downloads.php?do=file&id=437

Ostap
17-09-2020, 21:53
New version is available 18.1

With minor fix for missing player name in observer mode
this one:

Marco
10-05-2021, 13:53
Hey Ostap, can I install the Fix42 on Steam version?

Ostap
11-05-2021, 08:07
Hey Ostap, can I install the Fix42 on Steam version?

sure - it should work fine
If not - you can always buy a new computer

red3ninja
12-05-2021, 16:16
The sniper scroll does not work for me on the newer versions. In general, I do not use this weapon much and I have not written about it.

Ostap
12-05-2021, 17:38
The sniper scroll does not work for me on the newer versions. In general, I do not use this weapon much and I have not written about it.

Sniper scroll ? the weapon it self ?
while in the game or ?

red3ninja
14-05-2021, 10:15
Sniper scroll ? the weapon it self ?
while in the game or ?
Yes.
All I know is that it worked on older versions.
Just to mention that I use my own "common" file.

Ostap
15-05-2021, 09:18
can you send me your common file ?

Marco
15-05-2021, 15:50
sure - it should work fine
If not - you can always buy a new computer

But I already have built one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, I downloaded latest version, patched the Steam folder and... Bad syncs are back!!! :(

Now there are two possibilities: or Fix42 is incompatible with it or Steam is just a "ebanyi hui" that doesn't like the patch.

Just to point out the weirdness of this, I took a screen from the ingame Steam browser. I was observing a game on a Coop server, but when I opened the samforum page from Steam, well... to Steam I was observing a game on Frag 09 server! :eek: Which is weird, because 2 evenings ago that server didn't even appear in the game list (I didn't take a screen, but it didn't appear because I was looking precisely for it) and when I specified the port it was just unreachable (Sam was stuck in "Waiting for server" bar).

Below you can see the map played was The Pit (rockets festival area), but Steam browser kept thinking I was observing a game at Hole, with Jack of Diamonds in:

This is just :rofl: !

Oh, and I had no idea who was that polish observer from Turkish Brothers clan*...

Another clue that could be Steam causing the issue is that I kept my old HDD from the netbook :) (currently my new PC has an SSD as main unit, but the HDD is mounted inside too) and last night and this morning I ran the non-Steam Serious Sam copy from there and I played for long with no bad syncing at all.

In fact today I played 2 games at Ziggurat from the non-Steam copy first and from Steam version when I came back home a few hours later. I decided to do a test after updating ethernet driver (I could install it from my mobo's DVD, but I noticed that driver was old, from 2019, so I downloaded the new one, which was released 2 months ago).

Non-Steam game: I played for like 30 minutes, then I had to go. --> No bad syncing problem;

Steam game: I started the game, played for 1 min 45 seconds, then the bad syncs began as I fought the very first Gizmos at Ziggurat.

Note: my non-Steam copy mounts an older version of Fix42, in fact I don't have 1440x900 resolution there (which is available on the latest build, I noticed).

Other anomalies on Steam "Classic" game, after the patch with Fix42: in observer mode HUD just DISAPPEARS, so you can't see weapons, health, armor, etc. labels on the screen! And when a player is using sniper mask, well... basically you only see the zoomed view with no element of sniper mask. None! Black scope borders, cross, dot crosshair, zoom multiplier numbers and meter values, etc., all gone! In player mode, on the other hand, HUD labels are detached, and the text "Frags Left" is placed between frags/deaths number.. Uhmm, I think I must take a screen of this..

Last, but not least: I tried to look for your Coop servers on Serious Sam 2 (yet, Steam game) and couldn't find them. I found only UFO dedicated servers (which are available on Serious Sam HD too).

So definitely Steam could be the fucking dick...

*Well, I remember a polish player that wore that tag, but it was 2013 at least and on First Encounter!

red3ninja
18-05-2021, 17:36
That's not the problem (common file), because I checked it. In addition, I keep version 16.2 and everything is fine with it. Now I downloaded the last 18.1 and it doesn't work. I'm talking about this when I turn the mouse wheel, not by holding down the right button.

Marco
14-08-2021, 12:27
Damn it, Steam version really sucks!!! :puke: Yesterday bad syncs even without Fix42, only original files. An italian player asking me for help because he had lots of disconnects. I told him: let me check for it. I had tmbs too. With non-Steam copy, vse normalno instead.

Ah, bad syncs also on Prague (tm) server, so it's problem with Steam, not 42 servers.

Ostap
14-08-2021, 19:35
Damn it, Steam version really sucks!!! :puke: Yesterday bad syncs even without Fix42, only original files. An italian player asking me for help because he had lots of disconnects. I told him: let me check for it. I had tmbs too. With non-Steam copy, vse normalno instead.

Ah, bad syncs also on Prague (tm) server, so it's problem with Steam, not 42 servers.

There is something with the net recently
I'm getting lots of failed DNS requests ....on multiple DNS servers (from home , from work ....)

---------- Post added 14-08-2021 at 18:36 ----------

Are the Liberal Democraps rewriting the internet now ?

red3ninja
29-08-2021, 10:01
When I use the mouse scroll (zoom sniper) and it starts Bad Sync. The function does not work. I have a steam version to which I have added fix42. In general, I don't use a lot of sniper - I like cannon, but I have a habit of scrolling with the mouse when zooming.
I didn't pay attention to whether the previous older versions had this problem with Bad Sync. I will check now.

Edit I
This is not the reason for scrolling the mouse when zooming. I've made a mistake.

Edit II

In fact, the mistake only happens when there are other players. On version 16.2 everything is fine. On the newer ones, when I scroll with the sniper's mouse and the bad synchronization appears. I don't know what the reason is, but there has to be at least one player and then it happens.

Marco
20-05-2022, 11:09
Another clue that could be Steam causing the issue is that I kept my old HDD from the netbook :) (currently my new PC has an SSD as main unit, but the HDD is mounted inside too) and last night and this morning I ran the non-Steam Serious Sam copy from there and I played for long with no bad syncing at all.

In fact today I played 2 games at Ziggurat from the non-Steam copy first and from Steam version when I came back home a few hours later. I decided to do a test after updating ethernet driver (I could install it from my mobo's DVD, but I noticed that driver was old, from 2019, so I downloaded the new one, which was released 2 months ago).

Non-Steam game: I played for like 30 minutes, then I had to go. --> No bad syncing problem;

Steam game: I started the game, played for 1 min 45 seconds, then the bad syncs began as I fought the very first Gizmos at Ziggurat.

Looks like the problem is related to monsters. In Ziggurat, if I reach the first corridor with Gizmos, then the bad syncs begin. Especially when they are going to attack you, but you shoot first...

I've tried to install Fix42 again, which means --> Replace EntitiesMP.dll (I recall Zdzichu said Entities.dll affects the bad syincing, in Alien Hunter 2016 FE thread) along with all the files included in its ZIP, but still no luck.

It could be a file issue in Steam version... But which one? A file included inside GRO archives? I really don't get it...

Aside note: Installing Sam from an ISO (non-Steam, but an ISO I found in 2012 on the internet) and patching with 1.07 and Sam Master Server patch, still causes the same issue...

Looks like the problem is related to monsters. In Ziggurat, if I reach the first corridor with Gizmos, then the bad syncs begin. Especially when they are going to attack you, but you shoot first...

I've tried to install Fix42 again, which means --> Replace EntitiesMP.dll (I recall Zdzichu said Entities.dll affects the bad syincing, in Alien Hunter 2016 FE thread) along with all the files included in its ZIP, but still no luck.

It could be a file issue in Steam version... But which one? A file included inside GRO archives? I really don't get it...

Aside note: Installing Sam from an ISO (non-Steam, but an ISO I found in 2012 on the internet) and patching with 1.07 and Sam Master Server patch, still causes the same issue...

I forgot to mention that yesterday I observed a DM at Hole, still from Steam version, and the players started moving in an illogical way. Then I've got the "You have bad sync" message.

Initializing TCP/IP...
opening as server
winsock opened ok
getting local addresses
local addresses: DESKTOP-JVQCAVG (192.168.1.100)
port: 28246
opened socket:
Scripts\NetSettings\Upload_NetSpeed_Vodafone_083_1 0%.ini(18): parse error
Initializing TCP/IP...
opening as client
winsock opened ok
getting local addresses
local addresses: DESKTOP-JVQCAVG (192.168.1.100)
port: 28150
opened socket:
Joining session at: '116.202.216.176'
Sending statedelta request
Sending CRC request
^cFFFFFF^bSAM BOT: ^o^cFFFFFF ^r

^cFF0000: ^o^cFFFFFF^cFFFF00^cccccffWelcome to 42Amsterdam Server^r

^cFF0000: ^o^cFFFFFF^cFFFF00^r

^cFF0000: ^o^cFFFFFF^cFFFF00Type ^cFFFFFF@info^cFFFF00 for SAM BOT commands
^r
^o^f0^c999999Grandmaster^r blew himself away
^oRespawnables^r blew ^oKleer Kurt^r away

^cFF0000: ^o^cFFFFFF^cFFFF00^cFF0000You Have Bad Sync [10 / 60]
^r

^cFF0000: ^o^cFFFFFF^cFFFF00^cFF0000You Have Bad Sync [20 / 60]
^r
stopping game.
Renderer buffers cleared.
CDS: mode reset to original desktop settings

Marco
15-09-2022, 09:02
An update.

On september 12th I restored that installation from the HDD I mentioned in an older post. The game (Steam version) worked fine for 2 days, but on 13th in the evening it desynced again... This time the bad syncs do not occur after a minute, I can play for longer. But looks like they happen in crowded arenas (Valley of the Jaguar) or crowded DM servers (yesterday on Survival of the Sickest in the afternoon).

Also, the first time I had tmbs on 13th it was on Hole when I was observing. When I rejoined the server as observer, a Player 0 appeared on the map. So looks like the game went desynced because it couldn't register another player accessing the map.

Next try will be deleting the folder again and copying non-Steam version (which yesterday worked flawlessly as usual because I was able to play on Yodeller, ST and Sniper Station) to Steam folder.

OR

Installing the game from an ISO in 2 different directories and try both 1.07 patches. Either Euro or USA might be causing the issue...

I think I should open a new thread next time, since I noticed the issue is not related to Fix42 (I also tried the game before installing the mod).

Installing the game from an ISO in 2 different directories and try both 1.07 patches. Either Euro or USA might be causing the issue...

USA Patch in a non-Steam fresh installation:

--- Serious Engine Startup ---
SeriousEngine Build: 10000.7

Executable: C:\Croteam\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter_107USA\Bin\SeriousSam.exe
Assumed engine directory: C:\Croteam\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter_107USA\

Examining underlying OS...
Type: WinNT
Version: 6.2, build 9200
Misc:

Detecting CPU...
Vendor: AuthenticAMD
Type: 0, Family: 15, Model: 1, Stepping: 0
MMX : Yes
CMOV: Yes
Clock: 3593MHz

Global memory status...
Physical memory used: 0/2047MB
Page file used: 0/4095MB
Virtual memory used: 79/2047MB
Memory load: 33%
Process working set: 0MB-1MB

Cannot load variable from 'DefaultMod.txt':
Cannot open file `C:\Croteam\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter_107USA\DefaultMod.txt' (No such file or directory) ()
Current mod: <none>
Loading group files...
C:\Croteam\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter_107USA\SEGold_DM.gro: 32 files
C:\Croteam\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter_107USA\SE1_00_Music.gro: 43 files
C:\Croteam\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter_107USA\SE1_00_ExtraTools.gro: 1044 files
C:\Croteam\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter_107USA\SE1_00_Extra.gro: 107 files
C:\Croteam\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter_107USA\SE1_00.gro: 3142 files
C:\Croteam\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter_107USA\1_07_tools.gro: 18 files
C:\Croteam\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter_107USA\1_04_patch.gro: 1 files
H:\Install\SEGold_DM.gro: 32 files
H:\Install\SE1_00_Music.gro: 43 files
H:\Install\SE1_00_Levels.gro: 49 files
H:\Install\SE1_00_ExtraTools.gro: 1044 files
H:\Install\SE1_00_Extra.gro: 107 files
H:\Install\SE1_00.gro: 3142 files

Detecting input devices...
joysticks found: 16
joysticks allowed: 8
joy 1: error 0x000000a5
joy 2: error 0x000000a5
joy 3: error 0x000000a5
joy 4: error 0x000000a5
joy 5: error 0x000000a5
joy 6: error 0x000000a5
joy 7: error 0x000000a5
joy 8: error 0x000000a5

Desktop settings...
Color Depth: 32bit
Screen: 1360x768
Virtual screen: 1360x768
Monitors directly reported: 1

Current display: 'CDD' version 1025 - 1360x768x32

Initializing sound...
vorbisfile.dll loaded, ogg playing enabled
MPX playing disabled: Cannot load amp11lib.dll.
Detected devices: 2
device 0: Altoparlanti (Realtek(R) Audio)
ver: 2560, id: 1.100
form: 0x000fffff, ch: 2, support: 0x0000002e
device 1: 4 - DDC Display (AMD High Defin
ver: 2560, id: 1.100
form: 0x000fffff, ch: 2, support: 0x0000002e

IFeel mouse not found.
Command line: ''
joysticks found: 16
joysticks allowed: 8
joy 1: error 0x000000a5
joy 2: error 0x000000a5
joy 3: error 0x000000a5
joy 4: error 0x000000a5
joy 5: error 0x000000a5
joy 6: error 0x000000a5
joy 7: error 0x000000a5
joy 8: error 0x000000a5
Loading game library 'C:\Croteam\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter_107USA\Bin\GameMP.dll'...
Setting sound format ...
Direct Sound initialization ...
! EAX error: Cannot query property support.
44100Hz, 16bit, default device, mix-ahead: 0.2s
mixer buffer size: 34 KB
decode buffer size: 34 KB
EAX: Disabled

Serious Sam version: v1.07
Active mod: - T H E S E C O N D E N C O U N T E R -
Reading levels directory...
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\1_0_InTheLastEpisode.wld' : 'In the last episode' spawn=0x0001000f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\1_1_Palenque.wld' : 'Sierra de Chiapas' spawn=0x0005000f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\1_2_Palenque.wld' : 'Valley of the Jaguar' spawn=0x0005000f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\1_3_Teotihuacan.wld' : 'The City of the Gods' spawn=0x0005000f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\1_4_Teotihuacan.wld' : 'Serpent Yards' spawn=0x0005000f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\1_5_Teotihuacan.wld' : 'The Pit' spawn=0x0005000f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\2_1_Ziggurrat.wld' : 'Ziggurat' spawn=0x0005000f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\2_2_Persepolis.wld' : 'The Elephant Atrium' spawn=0x0005000f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\2_3_Persepolis.wld' : 'Courtyards of Gilgamesh' spawn=0x0005000f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\2_4_TowerOfBabylon.wld' : 'Tower of Babel' spawn=0x0005000f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\3_1_GothicCastle.wld' : 'The Citadel' spawn=0x0005000f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\3_2_LandOfDamned.wld' : 'Land of the Damned' spawn=0x0005000f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\3_3_CorridorOfDeath.wld' : 'The Grand Cathedral' spawn=0x0005000f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Deathmatch\DM_LittleTrouble.wld' : 'Little Trouble' spawn=0x0072016f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Deathmatch\DM_TheLostTomb.wld' : 'The Lost Tomb' spawn=0x019a0090
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Deathmatch\DockingBay.wld' : 'Docking Bay' spawn=0x01fa01f0
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Deathmatch\Fortress.wld' : 'Fortress' spawn=0x00020000
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Deathmatch\Hole.wld' : 'Hole' spawn=0x00020000
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Deathmatch\KuntaKinte.wld' : 'Compound' spawn=0x00020000
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Deathmatch\Lefty.wld' : 'Lefty' spawn=0x00020000
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Deathmatch\RaSpahShoy.wld' : 'Ra-Spah-Shoy' spawn=0x00020000
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Deathmatch\RedStation.wld' : 'Red Station' spawn=0x00020000
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Deathmatch\ShootMe.wld' : 'GO hunting!' spawn=0x00020000
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Deathmatch\SunPalace.wld' : 'SunPalace' spawn=0x00020000
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Deathmatch\WeGotSkullsNBonesToo.w ld' : 'We Got Skulls'n'Bones Too' spawn=0x00020000
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Deathmatch\Yodeller.wld' : 'Yodeller' spawn=0x00020000
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Intro.wld' : 'Intro' spawn=0x0001000f
file 'Levels\LevelsMP\Technology\TechTest.wld' : 'Technology Test' spawn=0x0001000f
Reading demos directory...
Demos\auto-demo0001.dem
Demos\auto-demo0002.dem
Demos\auto-demo0003.dem
Demos\auto-demoMP0001.dem
Demos\auto-demoMP0002.dem
Levels\LevelsMP\Intro.wld

* START NEW DISPLAY MODE ...
Starting display mode: 640x480xdesktop (fullscreen)
CDS: mode set to 640x480x0

Pixel Format Description:
Number: 8 (TYPE_RGBA)
Flags: DRAW_TO_WINDOW SUPPORT_OPENGL DOUBLEBUFFER
Color bits: 32 (8:8:8:8)
Depth bits: 16 (0 for stencil)

* OpenGL context created: *----------------------------------
(ATI Technologies Inc., Radeon RX550/550 Series, 4.6.14800 Compatibility Profile Context 22.4.2 30.0.15021.7000)

All textures reloaded.

Automatic 3D-board preferences adjustment...
Detected: ATI Technologies Inc. - Radeon RX550/550 Series - 4.6.14800 Compatibility Profile Context 22.4.2 30.0.15021.7000
Matching: *Radeon* (ATI Radeon)
Similar to last, keeping same preferences.
Starting session: 'Levels\LevelsMP\Intro.wld'
level: 'Levels\LevelsMP\Intro.wld'
spawnflags: 0008ffff
max players: 1
waiting: 0
network is off
started.
Adding player: '^oMarco^r'
done.
stopping game.
Client 'Local machine' ordered to disconnect: Server stopped.
Cannot play demo: User break!

Starting display mode: 640x480xdesktop (fullscreen)
CDS: mode set to 640x480x0

(ATI Technologies Inc., Radeon RX550/550 Series, 4.6.14800 Compatibility Profile Context 22.4.2 30.0.15021.7000)

All textures reloaded.

Detected: ATI Technologies Inc. - Radeon RX550/550 Series - 4.6.14800 Compatibility Profile Context 22.4.2 30.0.15021.7000
-> /hud_iStats=1
-
hud_fCrosshairScale
hud_fCrosshairRatio
hud_fCrosshairOpacity
-> /hud_fCrosshairRatio
-> /hud_fCrosshairRatio=0.3
-> /sam_bAutoPlayDemos=0
-
hud_bShowInfo
hud_bShowLatency
hud_bShowWeapon
hud_bShowMessages
hud_bShowMatchInfo
hud_bShowPlayerName
hud_bShowCoords
hud_bShowResolution
hud_bShowTime
hud_bShowClock
hud_bShowNetGraph
-> /hud_bShowInfo
1(0x00000001)
-> /hud_bShowLatency
0(0x00000000)
-> /hud_bShowLatency=1
-> /hud_bShowWeapon=0
-> /hud_bShowClock=1
-> /hud_bShowNetGraph=1
-> /hud_tmLatencySnapshot
-> /hud_tmLatencySnapshot=-1
All textures reloaded.
All shadows uncached.
All shadows uncached.
-> /cli_bAutoAdjustSettings
0(0x00000000)
-
cli_tmAutoAdjustThreshold
cli_tmPredictFoe
cli_tmPredictAlly
cli_tmPredictEnemy
-> /cli_tmAutoAdjustThreshold
-> /cli_tmAutoAdjustThreshold=0.05

Starting display mode: 1024x768x32 (fullscreen)
CDS: mode set to 1024x768x32

All textures reloaded.

Initializing TCP/IP...
opening as server
winsock opened ok
getting local addresses
local addresses: DESKTOP-JVQCAVG (172.17.48.1, 192.168.1.102)
port: 25600
opened socket:
Scripts\NetSettings\Upload_NetSpeed_Vodafone_083_1 0%.ini(18): parse error
Initializing TCP/IP...
opening as client
winsock opened ok
getting local addresses
opened socket:
Sending CRC request
done.

^cFF0000: ^o^cFFFFFF^cFFFF00^c53ff00You Have Good Sync [0 / 60]
^r

^r
^cFB9802Marco: ^o^cFFFFFF@map 6^r

^c00FF00: ^o^cFFFFFF^c00FF00Server map will change to ^cFB9802Ziggurat^C
^r

^c00FF00: ^o^cFFFFFF^c00FF00^cff0000MAP CHANGE IN 5
^r

^c00FF00: ^o^cFFFFFF^c00FF00^cff0000MAP CHANGE IN 4
^r

^c00FF00: ^o^cFFFFFF^c00FF00^cff0000MAP CHANGE IN 3
^r

^c00FF00: ^o^cFFFFFF^c00FF00^cff0000MAP CHANGE IN 2
^r

^c00FF00: ^o^cFFFFFF^c00FF00^cff0000MAP CHANGE IN 1
^r
Disconnected:
^cFF0000Server is Rebooting - Please Wait^C
stopping game.
Initializing TCP/IP...
opening as client
winsock opened ok
getting local addresses
opened socket:
Sending CRC request
done.

^cFF0000: ^o^cFFFFFF^cFFFF00^c53ff00You Have Good Sync [0 / 60]
^r

^r
Setting sound format ...
! EAX error: Cannot query property support.
44100Hz, 16bit, default device, mix-ahead: 0.2s
mixer buffer size: 34 KB
decode buffer size: 34 KB
EAX: Disabled

-> /hud_bShowTime=1
-> /hud_tmLatencySnapshot=0
-> /hud_tmLatencySnapshot=2
^oMarco^r was pierced
^oMarco^r is riding the gun again
^oMarco^r was pierced
^oMarco^r is riding the gun again
-
plr_fFOV
plr_fFrontClipDistance
-> /plr_fFOV
-> /plr_fFOV=80
-> /plr_fFOV=120

^cFF0000: ^o^cFFFFFF^cFFFF00^cFF0000You Have Bad Sync [10 / 60]
^r

^cFF0000: ^o^cFFFFFF^cFFFF00^cFF0000You Have Bad Sync [20 / 60]
^r
stopping game.
Renderer buffers cleared.

Euro patch in a non-Steam fresh installation:

Taking ownership :lol: :lol: :lol: DOESN'T WORK. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and running as admin won't even launch the game...

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: What the fucking kind of a joke is this??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ostap
16-09-2022, 10:45
Install windows XP ;)

Marco
16-09-2022, 14:34
Install windows XP ;)

Wait, maybe I found the root cause... The clue that Zdzichu gave me years ago ("Engine.dll doesn't affect multiplayer, only Entities.dll does") was incorrect and I made a mistake. After some investigation, looks like the Sam installation in the Windows 7 HDD from my old netbook (which is now plugged inside my new PC via SATA cable) worked perfectly because I copied EVERYTHING, including a certain Engine.dll. I had version 16 from 2019 installed there. So yesterday I looked at my downloads folder and I still had the .zip :)

Aaand, when I installed version 18 I forgot to copy Engine.dll (I left the old Master Server patch from 2014). Only a mismatch between my Engine.dll and server's one could explain the bad syncs thing.

So yesterday, after having version 16's files copied on Steam folder (including Engine.dll), I was able to play The Grand Cathedral, Hole and Ziggurat (maps that always give me bad syncs) with no more problems of synchronization. Overwriting them with the last version (18), again including the new engine file, should work the same way.

Damn, I made a mess for nothing... :pitiful:

P. S. In the end, to do a test with 1.07 Euro, I had to get a nocd patch (that simply replaced the executable), but in both cases (1.07USA and 1.07Euro default version) the Engine.dll used was the MS patcher released on july 25th 2014 (that caused bad syncs).
So yeah: looks like Fix42 Mod solves the tmbs problem as long as it is properly installed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Install windows XP ;)

Oh, one more thing: yesterday I've also installed Sam on a copy of Windows ME I was using on PCEm for testing purposes. But I couldn't join the servers because I got a DIFF or a TIFF error after loading the map.
Then I started an offline game on LT and performance is quite similar compared to my old netbook, just a bit slower. In PCEm, running a machine that emulates a Pentium Mobile MMX @300Mhz (the best CPU that PCEm version 14 can emulate), 256 MB of RAM and an S3 Trio 64 with 4 MB video memory with Windows ME as OS, Sam will run Little Trouble at 11 FPS (average). However, the emulator runs at 88% of speed when playing Sam (100% when just doing light tasks like opening a folder or playing built-in games) and I have a Ryzen 7 3700X.

Sam on Windows XP again would be cool (I played it on september 2006), but I should build a new machine then. :D

Marco
17-09-2022, 14:35
Overwriting them with the last version (18), again including the new engine file, should work the same way.

Ok, looks like latest version gives bad syncs anyway... I will keep using version 16, which is the best.

Ostap
19-09-2022, 11:53
Ok, looks like latest version gives bad syncs anyway... I will keep using version 16, which is the best.

Thanx for the feedback !
The differences between 16 & 18 versions ...are mostly integration with modded servers that run fix42..That whole thing failed ....(too mucho bado syncos)

I'll remove them all in the new version