PDA

View Full Version : New changes to samtrack (42Adam , 42Prague)

Ostap
18-01-2017, 23:12
Good news everyone!!

After some intensive work and many biers ...there are some commands made "personal" so....
Now results of those commands displayed only for the person who issued the command
commands:

@players
@observers

Actually from now on - we can send "personal" messages to a client/player....
Croteam "SayFromTo()" function were fixed by ZCaliptium ...

Jockant
19-01-2017, 00:17
Nice!

Now everyone will be able to mock each other in secrecy. :P

Supersniper98
19-01-2017, 14:40
Very Cool)
ZCaliptium you heave magic or...?? otherwise I cannot say why Ostap hasn't already done this stuff by himself))

Marco
19-01-2017, 15:56
Good news everyone!!

After some intensive work and many biers ...there are some commands made "personal" so....
Now results of those commands displayed only for the person who issued the command
commands:

@players
@observers

Actually from now on - we can send "personal" messages to a client/player....
Croteam "SayFromTo()" function were fixed by ZCaliptium ...

Is this for these commands only?

But, in the last days, I noticed something wrong with locators: why some ukrainian players were located in Poland, or czech ones in Japan??? :confused:

Example: Joe/MCqlip, in the world map (at stats page) is located in Donetsk (Ukraine). But SAM Bot locates him in... Poland???

Example 2: Karel is from Czech Republic. He is located in Japan! :pitiful:

Uh, the last one I remind is our friendly admin "Titi" Titus Pullo: he is located in United States...:trump:

Sam Winchester
19-01-2017, 16:34

But, in the last days, I noticed something wrong with locators: why some ukrainian players were located in Poland, or czech ones in Japan??? :confused:

Example: Joe/MCqlip, in the world map (at stats page) is located in Donetsk (Ukraine). But SAM Bot locates him in... Poland???

Uh, the last one I remind is our friendly admin "Titi" Titus Pullo: he is located in United States...:trump:

rofl

Ostap
19-01-2017, 16:53

Wasnt me :)

samtrack relaying on 3rd party sources for geo location .... (there about 5 of them ....if one fails - other is used..)
and ...if any of those gives faulty info back - there is no reall check ...(nobody is going to ukraine to check if that IP really there...)

Marco
19-01-2017, 17:58
Wasnt me :)

samtrack relaying on 3rd party sources for geo location .... (there about 5 of them ....if one fails - other is used..)
and ...if any of those gives faulty info back - there is no reall check ...(nobody is going to ukraine to check if that IP really there...)

And so, how could admins know if a player uses a proxy from other countries in order to ban him? I remember in 2013 or 2014 there were some players banned for using proxy...

I don't want to know where a player precisely comes from. And I don't care about that. I just noticed this strange thing (but still incredible that Prague is in Japan...) and then I read this topic, so I had some doubts. I'm sure (but I could be wrong) it didn't happen before.

And samtrack works in the same way for world ranking too?

ZCaliptium
19-01-2017, 19:12
Very Cool)
ZCaliptium you heave magic or...?? otherwise I cannot say why Ostap hasn't already done this stuff by himself))

Yeah. I have some magic powers. :D

Supersniper98
19-01-2017, 19:17

Uh, the last one I remind is our friendly admin "Titi" Titus Pullo: he is located in United States...

Eeee... what??? Just click like... twice (?) in adminy and you have a new custom country)))... for normal players there is only the option for "fake-country".
That not proxy lolo

Marco
20-01-2017, 09:38
Eeee... what??? Just click like... twice (?) in adminy and you have a new custom country)))... for normal players there is only the option for "fake-country".
That not proxy lolo

Ok, now I understand admin matter. I didn't read this yet:

Well u know, admins (im not here admin) can change thier country...

For 'normal players', instead? Do you mean admins can change our countries too (from their page), or we are able to do it in some way?

Btw, MCqlip yesterday was located in Russia. :D :lolru:

Also, I asked for world ranking because the countries of each player match with the world map.

EDIT: For Ostap,

When I type @players, @observers, @players FE or @players SE, it works ONLY in the First Encounter. In the Second Encounter, it doesn't give me any message as before. :confused: :hmmm:

Ostap
20-01-2017, 12:22
When I type @players, @observers, @players FE or @players SE, it works ONLY in the First Encounter. In the Second Encounter, it doesn't give me any message as before. :confused: :hmmm:

Just checked on SE .... all works fine...

Marco
20-01-2017, 15:39
Just checked on SE .... all works fine...

Ok, today they work (I checked too, 2 mins ago) :tup:; but yesterday they didn't :lol:.

Supersniper98
20-01-2017, 18:06
For 'normal players', instead? Do you mean admins can change our countries too (from their page), or we are able to do it in some way?

Normal players are not allowed to do it, you must ask an admin to change your country, but he can only put a fake one... because if it was possible to change into a real existing country that would create some problems probably :) ... Admins use real countries to mask themselves, so that the players can not know if there is an admin or not... well as you can see it doesn't work very well, but its still ok (not everyone visits the site and looks the map - take me as an example :)) ...

P.S. By fake i mean countries like Marijuania, Federation of Planets, Blefuscu, and other similar stuff....
which were created when some player requested in the past (but not necessary) :)

Marco
21-01-2017, 16:25
Normal players are not allowed to do it, you must ask an admin to change your country, but he can only put a fake one... because if it was possible to change into a real existing country that would create some problems probably :) ... Admins use real countries to mask themselves, so that the players can not know if there is an admin or not... well as you can see it doesn't work very well, but its still ok (not everyone visits the site and looks the map - take me as an example :)) ...

P.S. By fake i mean countries like Marijuania, Federation of Planets, Blefuscu, and other similar stuff....
which were created when some player requested in the past (but not necessary) :)

Uh, you are clearly meaning the topic of Custom Countries (https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/showthread.php?t=647), in which I already have posted and requested to change my "fake" Country from Italy to Sardinia.

It was the first thing I thought. But I didn't write it, thinking it was too obvious and expecting that you meant a secret button hidden in stats page... :shifty:

or a pm request to admin.

Ostap
22-01-2017, 01:01
Uh, you are clearly meaning the topic of Custom Countries (https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/showthread.php?t=647), in which I already have posted and requested to change my "fake" Country from Italy to Sardinia

Its like that ...
There are "real countries" ... and "imaginary countries"

Everyone has a real country ...
Due to the fact that players act differently when admins are present ....
All admins are allowed to FAKE their location..in order to obscure their presence

For any other players - it is not limited ...or in anyway forbidden ...to have custom country...(imaginary one... you can find the list here (https://42amsterdam.net/samforum/showthread.php?t=647))
Though - it is limited to user unique identifier ...

Any admin can change your nick to your preference ...
if you change the profile ...or delete it ...you'll loose that assigned country to you.

Marco
22-01-2017, 21:12
Its like that ...
There are "real countries" ... and "imaginary countries"
Absolutely.

Due to the fact that players act differently when admins are present ....
All admins are allowed to FAKE their location..in order to obscure their presence

And I agree.

Any admin can change your nick to your preference ...
if you change the profile ...or delete it ...you'll loose that assigned country to you.

It's quite obvious that I lose the Country, since it is the same thing of deleting saves in Serious Sam, Doom or Duke Nukem 3D (or another fps at your choice). :)

Ostap
05-02-2017, 21:47
Good news everyone !

I've added "AFK" tracker to the servers....
Now it is possible to detect afk frags in the game ...

afk detection is based on player inactivity ...(for now its set to 100 ticks ...~5 sec but of cause it could be set to a more appropriate value later)

afk detection is not enabled by default ...to utilize this functionality - admin must create reaction record ...with few possible outcomes
1 - message
2 - kick
3 - ban.

Ostap
15-02-2017, 11:03
"Away from keyboard" frags now displayed on main stats page..(AFK detection set to 4.5 seconds)

Additionally - there is a list of AFK frags with total time player been away.

Karel
15-02-2017, 16:15
Also.....Changes on 42Prague are postponed.. due the Server hard drive went into silicon heaven last weekend.........

Ostap
15-02-2017, 21:12
Also.....Changes on 42Prague are postponed.. due the Server hard drive went into silicon heaven last weekend.........

That's preposterous !!!
There is no silicon heaven !!!
although ...