PDA

View Full Version : Serious Email Compain

Ostap
28-11-2015, 03:59
Sup dudes..

Here is the idea i came up with ...
it might be good it might be nothing...

Sam community is shrinking since Game Spy gave up on us....
Year after - yea ...some players are still playing but majority is lost...

According to my stats ...in 2012 ...there were 46,000+ unique players... (in whole year)
now we have only 6000+....and if we trully unify this number ...we are down to just 4000-5000 ...unique...
but thats not what i'm trying to say...

There are 2 largest sites - SeriousZone and GameZone...the oldest forums of serious sam community
each one has many registered players....

The idea is to collect every inactive email ...and invite them back to sam game ...saying:
".....We do have the solution for missing gamespy server... one can choose to patch ...or download steam version that would work with existing master server.....or something like that..."

I know - it is too far fetched ... some emails may not even exist...people move ...etc....
but it is still a better chance than randomly posting adds about sam ....(Oben once proposed it ...to create an Ad compain ... to invite people....)

I've already contacted Leuva-Deus (the owner of SeriousZone) and got sort of positive answer.
Now i'm asking the 42adam community to support it...

In order to invite someone ...there got to be something to invite to ...ofcoz...
Louva may come up with some event ...or we can organize something on our own ...doesnt mater...
If ...IF ..this would kick off. - all we would need is the emails from all forums ....(inactive users...no spammers ofcoz http://www.gamezone24.net/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

So...
What i'm asking is everyone in this community to switch the "thinking" tumbler ON ...and...
and post an idea for an event nobody would be able to say No...

Not only frags ...event must include both frag and coop games.

Oben
28-11-2015, 11:28
Christmas is great for a big event! But people may want to go and celebrate it themselves. But still, a Christmas event would be unique! Remember the Halloween event last year, the game was very very inactive these days but just in 2 days, we got 80 different players that just played on event servers (6)

There is also one more time that comes in my mind. 23 March 2016 is 15th anniversary of Serious Sam FE, the date may be late but if we also merge it with a competition like map, skin or kinda, i think we will be successful in that event. And of course there should be tournements of frag! And winners of tournaments and competition may be awarded.

These are my thoughts, the decision is yours.
Peace.