PDA

View Full Version : Serious Tournament Mod (BOTS) - RELEASE

Zeo
27-01-2015, 02:24
http://cs624519.vk.me/v624519779/18955/iiOltHaDkrU.jpg

On 8th of March, 2016, the new 1.08B version of Serious Tournament Mod has been released !
A lot of crashes and freezes are fixed, it's much enjoyable now

First of all let me introduce all the developers of this mod !

Troy - developing, programming, mapping, designing, being a wizard
Zeo - making of 95 % bots waypoints, mapping, designing, PR

Other people who somehow helped us:

Fast Leo - helped to Troy with progamming and some ideas
VITEK - loading screen
Destroyer - Night Town map
H.a.r.o.n. aka #Rivenstyle - maps Midnight, Trayus Academy
Rakanishu - Cracks, Gvide maps
ZombieZI - Infinite Night, Temple maps
LevC - Beyond, Longest Yard Remake maps
Warped Team - Temple (CTF), Colizeum2250 & Storm maps
Marty - Blue Planet, Marble Wars maps
ILoveQuake - The Edge (Q2DM1), Deck16 maps
ShieldWolf - Arena Gate (Q3DM1) map
Speedmeister - Shotty Power, Shout-to-Shout, Night Temple, Level maps
Voodarius - The Footer Tomb map
Devostator - Ashes to Ashes, BrkenChevap maps
MailMan - Garden of Gibs map
Philer - DeDust 2 remake map
Dr. Dre - Shotty Complex map
Unknown author - Montezumas Revenge map

The main features of this modification:

Absolutely new and amazing bots from the master Troy which are not worse their "friends" from, let's say, Quake 3
7 new game modes: Team DeathMatch, Last Hero, Team Last Hero, Capture The Flag, Domination, King Of The Hill и SkullHold ! Read below to learn more
50 maps which were made for bots on different game modes, it contains almost all the standard SS: SE maps, also there are some new maps which were made specially for this mod; also you'll see some famous community maps, some HD maps, some from Revolution, Warped, Quake 2, Quake 3, UT and even CS 1.6 !
26 in-game achievements. Kill you opponent for a few time in a row, make a midair frag or get the super armor when it respawned - you'll get achievement and you'll see it !
Useful options - you can disable or enable pupses, disable or enable pro-mode (when it's enabled there is no 200/200 supers and no cannon), enable "infinity blood" option and blood with meat won't fade away, use different weapon mutators to play Red Station with cannons only or turn Little Trouble to the Sniper Trouble, and so on !
Autoadding (by pressing "Y") or addition of any of number of bots for a certain team ("B" for blue team or "R" for read team): you can play as well as 4x4 or 1x6 - for adrenaline lovers !
Its own version of a freecam which activates by pressing "Space", other controls you can view by checking Controls\Observer\FreeCam.ctl file
And much else !

Game modes description:

Team Deathmatch - the classic mode as it is ! You play for Blue or Read team, you can leave your team and join another ("<" and ">" by default), you can play with teamfire or without it; available on the all deathmatch maps
Last Hero - almost the same as fragmatch, but you have ... only one life ! Yeah, if you die you lose, the one who's the only who stays alive, is a winner. Players have 150 % of HP by default. For a long game we recommend to play or easy or even tourist diff, but if you're andrenaline lover you must try hard or serious ! Available on all deathmatch maps
Team Last Hero - the same thing and Last Hero, but there are two teams just as in TDM mode. By the way, try to play on serious diff alone vs 6-8 bots to feel all the hardcorness ! Play accurate & stay alive
Capture The Flag - one more classic online FPS's mode which is lovely by people. Available on 12 special maps, some of them you've never seen before
SkullHold (ex-OddBall from 1.05 alpha version) - an all-vs-all mode where you should hold an object (Skull) for longer time than others ! The one who first holded the skull for 5 mins (as default - changable in match options) is a winner. This mode is available to play on all deathmatch maps and on one exclusive for this mode map
King Of The Hill - an all-vs-all mode where you should control different zones ("hills") which are changing from the first to the next, then to the 3rd and so on. The one who controlled zones for 5 mins (as default - changable in match options) is a winner. This mode is available to play on some deathmatch maps and on some new
Domination - pretty close to KOTH mode, but this mode is based on teamplaying. There are few zones, two teams and 300 points limit. Every team starts with 150 points. The team which is controlling more zones is getting points (while other team is losing it), the first team which gets 300 points, wins ! This mode is available to play on some deathmatch maps and a few excluive maps

For stable fps whilst playing with bots it's recommended to play on at least such a configuration as:

2-cored CPU from Intel (Pentium, Core 2 Duo or Intel Core i3) or similar from AMD, not lower than 2 GHz
2 Gb of RAM
The clean game Serious Sam: The Second Encounter - 1.07 version (steam version is ok)
The mode is guaranteed to work on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8

Some features and recommendations. READ MUST !!!

There are no options like number of spawned bots for maps, so you have to add them manually by pressing "Y". In team game modes every time when you press "Y", one bot will be added to red team and then to blue to keep balance, but you can add bots to red team by pressing "R" or to blue by pressing "B". You can change your team by pressing "Z" or "X". You can watch scoreboard by pressing "Tab"
Remember when you enable infinity blood it also can be a reason of low fps (closer to the end of match) on some really huge maps, so be careful with it
Bots always move randomly in recorded demos so there's no sense to record it whilst playing with them
Freezes (or crashes) still can happen rarely, and some maps can't support high fps with a huge amount of bots because they couldn't be optimized well. The most unoptimized maps are DM Beyond, CTF Frozen Cliff and CTF Night Town
Don't except to see top players skill from bots, it was made for competive but fun playing. Though, for a newbies it will be really hard or even impossible to beat them !
You still CAN'T play with bots & players at the same time because it's impossible to do without published original source code
King of The Hill game mode doesn't work in network
Weapon is not visible in the 1st person view mode. Use 3rd person mode if you have problems with that. Already fixed for the next patch !

SCREENSHOTS:

http://cs629215.vk.me/v629215779/3788a/aLQLPB-Bv6A.jpg

http://cs629215.vk.me/v629215779/37894/Lkfk-63GKjw.jpg

http://cs629215.vk.me/v629215779/3789e/6lWQQhPNtnY.jpg

http://cs629215.vk.me/v629215779/378a8/Ot58n6hSFlU.jpg

http://cs629215.vk.me/v629215779/378b2/owlAWjNFz8I.jpg

http://cs629215.vk.me/v629215779/378bc/pVHQxCaXvuI.jpg

http://cs629215.vk.me/v629215779/378c6/tX0hIKq9b1A.jpg

http://cs629215.vk.me/v629215779/378d0/VlQ67QGY3nQ.jpg

http://cs629215.vk.me/v629215779/378da/cLfZr5RcPck.jpg

1.08B version features

Fixes:

- Fixed a huge number of crashes and freezes
- Fixed crashes with weapon mutators which were happening almost instanly
- Multiplayer (without bots) is pretty stable (in all modes except King of The Hill)

- Fixed memory leak
- Improved bots movement in the water
- Fixed CTF confusion with notification of any team wearing enemies flag
- Fixed bots movements, they are more accurate in maps like Fortress now (don't fall in the lava as much as before)
- Player has the selected weapon in weapon mutators from the start
- Camera (freecam) has been improved, mouse wheel can now change the speed of flying
- Fixed freecam bug when bots used sniper scope
- Minor changes and bug fixed in the HUD
- In the CTF, after delivering the flag bot immediately runs on (doesn't get sticked to the flag place)
- Bots don't shot anymore with explosive weapons through a "lattice"
- Fixed a problem with awards pop-upping in the next match
- Bots don't attack enemies with invulnerability anymore
- Bots don't chat anymore (for the sake of stability)
- Items "value" has been deleted from the CTF mode
- Bots don't try to use minigun whilst having no ammo anymore
- Award of "exact hit" cannot be done on the corpses anymore

Innovations and changes:

- Bots don't camp anymore whilst running with a flag
- Bots will no longer shoot with the cannon being close to the wall
- In the SkullHold bots care of catching the skull more than earlier
- In Bin/AI/Profiles/Name.ainame file is now possible to add and / or remove tags of the bots, Skins.aiskins file contains lists of skins which bots wear (using the sane name as in .amc files)
- Bots pick weapons from dead enemies much more often
- Bots now can see the enemies with invisibility if they shooting, having another pup or wearing the flag
- Sniper gun improved - without using scope it's still accurate and does the same damage

New maps:

- CTF Frozen Cliff
- CTF Lefty
- CTF Storm

- DM Blue Planet
- DM Cracks
- DM Deck16
- DM Marble Wars
- DM The Edge (Q2DM1)
- DM The Footer Tomb

- DOM Futuristic Trouble
- DOM / KOTH LongestYardRebirth (Q3DM17)

DOWNLOAD (https://yadi.sk/d/iN3Kogvspz9Ng)

Modification must be installed to the Mods folder, if you have an old version installed delete it to have a clean install
Modification packed as .rar archive, the new installer ain't planned for now

Ostap
27-01-2015, 09:02
Testing server with this mode is up and running

---------- Post added 27-01-2015 at 08:09 ----------

BTW - is there any documentation on settings ?

Marco
27-01-2015, 13:00
Why no 200/200 in Pro mode?

EDIT:

I tried the mod. First of all, very good download time.

I just started a botmatch in Hole without limits, and started a host in Network with unlimited frags but 15 minutes time limit. At 10 minutes to the end, it crashed to desktop.

It's bad to see bots go camp underwater after you kill them at once.

I reached the achievements, but I think is difficult to aim. Did you add any recoil?

And, yes: for a low processor, the frame rate drops. Especially in the first match: I added 2 bots. Fps drops even when I throw grenades or rockets.

I installed the mod on my netbook, so here is my specs:

Acer Aspire One D270

CPU - Intel Atom N2600 (1.6 GHz, 1 MB L2 Cache)
RAM - 1 GB
GPU - Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600.

Zdzichu
27-01-2015, 19:05
For me this mod is awesome.This repleaces good ol fe frag.

I have no problem with bots and frame rate.I played 2 h on desert temple and i dont had any crash.Also i had 100 fps on 1280x1024

Zeo
27-01-2015, 20:27
For me this mod is awesome.This repleaces good ol fe frag.

I have no problem with bots and frame rate.I played 2 h on desert temple and i dont had any crash.Also i had 100 fps on 1280x1024
2 hours and no crash ? Wow that's amazing :tup: :D

ZIP
27-01-2015, 20:53
Zeo, is it possible to edit the HUD ?

Zdzichu
27-01-2015, 23:15
Zeo, is it possible to edit the HUD ?

Yes you can,but icons.If you want edit bars,you must edit engine code.

Marco
01-02-2015, 12:40
Ok, last week I made some tests to know weapons damage.

Grenade Launcher is decreased from 175hp to 130hp; Double Shotgun, 140hp --> 130hp. Tommygun/minigun, instead, increased from 10hp up to 20.

Marco
09-11-2015, 23:54
UP

Any updates, bug fixes, etc.. for this mod?

Zeo
11-11-2015, 00:46
Yeah, Troy just came back on working on a new patch, for the first time since all those long months. I've been fixing most of maps all of this time, rarely though. More than 10 new / old maps will come. Can't know when but the patch should come pretty soon and it's gonna be sweet ! :D

And all the testes showed up that it's completely unplayable online now (even without bots). Maybe only the general dm & tdm can work fine, + skullhold (not that perfect). Hopefully it's going to be fixed.

If someone can leave an advice about a good fragmatch map which you wanna play with bots, I'm waiting ! If it ain't laggy I might add it to the mod.

Bloodnowsky
11-11-2015, 01:16
how about adding "istant kill" mod? would be cool :P

Zeo
12-11-2015, 01:06
It's already there. : P Check "weapon mutator" option. The difference is that you don't start with this weapon by default.
Also, you can play CTF Garden of Gibs map, it's a natural instagib ! :D

Marco
12-11-2015, 11:36
Yeah, Troy just came back on working on a new patch, for the first time since all those long months. I've been fixing most of maps all of this time, rarely though. More than 10 new / old maps will come. Can't know when but the patch should come pretty soon and it's gonna be sweet ! :D

And all the testes showed up that it's completely unplayable online now (even without bots). Maybe only the general dm & tdm can work fine, + skullhold (not that perfect). Hopefully it's going to be fixed.

If someone can leave an advice about a good fragmatch map which you wanna play with bots, I'm waiting ! If it ain't laggy I might add it to the mod.

Ok, thanks for the news, I will wait for that.

Will the patch be a beta or a final version in next release?

Interesting maps with bots could be also maps from other games. Don't have a layout to link right now; but "Underground" and "Pawn Shop" from the first Soldier of Fortune are a kind of arena maps. Also "Castle Kill" for CTF mode.

Also Phrantic and Toxicity from Quake are an idea.

Obviously if it's possible and not stressing for Troy.

Zeo
17-11-2015, 02:42
Ok, thanks for the news, I will wait for that.

Will the patch be a beta or a final version in next release?

Interesting maps with bots could be also maps from other games. Don't have a layout to link right now; but "Underground" and "Pawn Shop" from the first Soldier of Fortune are a kind of arena maps. Also "Castle Kill" for CTF mode.

Also Phrantic and Toxicity from Quake are an idea.

Obviously if it's possible and not stressing for Troy.
Unfortunately, we don't have that much time for mapping totally new maps ... Troy & me already made two CTF maps (Indiana by him & Elephant Playground by me), but can't promise we'll do something new again; I have some unfinnished project though :P We'd like to have some mappers in our team.

We also can convert to the mod some maps which already exist, you (and everyone else) can link any cool SS FE / SE map and if it's good, not laggy and don't have anything to do with a gravity experiments, we probably could add it to the next patch. I'm already planning to add some UT / Q1 / Q2 maps which are done by one awesome mapper. And yeah, it's impossible to say if the project is still beta or finnished. Nothing can be totally finnished, there are always things to add ... But life is too short :D

__

News about the new patch will come really soon.

Supersniper98
20-11-2015, 14:54
SHIT download time! 5 hours remaining not even 1 MB downloaded for 1 min!!

Ostap
20-11-2015, 15:24
SHIT download time! 5 hours remaining not even 1 MB downloaded for 1 min!!

ftp://files.42amsterdam.net:2121/MODS/SE/

there it is as well ....

Zeo
22-11-2015, 22:35
Wonderful news ! The patch is being developed as fast as never before (probably even faster than STM's development in 2014). Troy is fixing everything everyday, so do I with fixing the maps and testing all the stuff.

At the moment:

The huge amount of crashes, freezes and different errors was fixed. For now playing with bots is as stable as never before (probably even more stable than in very early versions). The proofs are below, on screenshots.
More than 10 new maps will be added, also a lot of errors on old maps which turned to getting bots stucked, were fixed.
Much improvements of bot's AI. They are able to run & fight stable in maps with more hard architecture.
Working on stable playing in multiplayer has been started. Probably, with a new patch will be possible to play online without bots in a very stable way. It is unlikely, but still likely to be possible to play with bots and players at the same time (perhaps in the some of next patch). Now there are some unfixable problems which don't let Troy to realize this.
And something else !

Screenshots.

1) The most obvious proof of stability - 16 (!) bots were playing LT more than 11 hours in a row. Total has been done 31536 frags, without counting suicides.

http://cs630825.vk.me/v630825779/2b7e/SQl8nYUNgKY.jpg

2) Here the game with 9 bots on Shotty Complex with cannons only and with "Infinity blood" turned ON, which shows the possiblity of stable game with weapon mutators turned ON, also shows the protection of crashes even with extremely low fps (which happens if you play with infinity blood for a huge amount of time).

http://cs630825.vk.me/v630825779/2b88/XaDuA_Wkwbc.jpg

3) There are no problem to play until 30 frags on Red Station (player + 15 bots & 16 bots without a player)

http://cs630825.vk.me/v630825779/2b92/HuIzsk1kgMo.jpg

http://cs630825.vk.me/v630825779/2b9c/BrwRJQSZr4A.jpg

More "normal" screens.

4) TDM 10 minutes on LT with weapon mutator "Double Shotgun" which turns LT to ST, 4 x 6:

http://cs630825.vk.me/v630825779/2ba6/pWMnivlMXWk.jpg

5) TDM 5 minutes 6 x 6, Docking Bay:

http://cs630825.vk.me/v630825779/2bb0/wU6znVMTiQI.jpg

6) 10 minutes CTF 7 x 7 until 5 flags on the Elephant Playground map:

http://cs630825.vk.me/v630825779/2bba/NT0x0yk9voQ.jpg

7) Domination 6 x 6 on the Sun Palace map. Only 3 minutes because DOM matches aren't usually long:

http://cs630825.vk.me/v630825779/2bc4/Dnyvb24S1vc.jpg

About the date of patch release - we won't promise anything for now. ;)

Zdzichu
22-11-2015, 23:40
If game will be not crashing/freezing when 20 bots is added,you are my master :P

Also i have one suggestion about this update:How about adding an option,to adjust bots skillz? (Just like Noob,Medium,Hard,Pro,Supa Pro or R3kter,or else :P)

Zeo
23-11-2015, 00:06
If game will be not crashing/freezing when 20 bots is added,you are my master :P

Also i have one suggestion about this update:How about adding an option,to adjust bots skillz? (Just like Noob,Medium,Hard,Pro,Supa Pro or R3kter,or else :P)
Programming is what Troy does, not me ! :P
Thanks for a suggestion. I had the same in my thoughts for the long time though :D Can't promise now if it will be done or not.

Mkbewe
29-11-2015, 18:18
Nice work guys!
I have a request. If Troy can, please code bots for Cooperation gameplay, too. :)

Ostap
29-11-2015, 19:39
Nice work guys!
I have a request. If Troy can, please code bots for Cooperation gameplay, too. :)

there is one already....PEFE/PESE ... (server CM-PESE2Q-[Rocketers] Servers [HARD + FF + IA + Map Vote] ...has 1 bot per player enabled)

Mkbewe
29-11-2015, 20:32
no no, i meant bots re buggy, i see in COOP they go and stay near first health. This request is to Troy.

Zeo
08-03-2016, 23:35
The new 1.08B version is ready ! First post was updated !
Download HERE (https://yadi.sk/d/iN3Kogvspz9Ng)

Delete the old version (if you have it installed) before !

Fixes:

- Fixed a huge number of crashes and freezes
- Fixed crashes with weapon mutators which were happening almost instanly
- Multiplayer (without bots) is pretty stable (in all modes except King of The Hill)

- Fixed memory leak
- Improved bots movement in the water
- Fixed CTF confusion with notification of any team wearing enemies flag
- Fixed bots movements, they are more accurate in maps like Fortress now (don't fall in the lava as much as before)
- Player has the selected weapon in weapon mutators from the start
- Camera (freecam) has been improved, mouse wheel can now change the speed of flying
- Fixed freecam bug when bots used sniper scope
- Minor changes and bug fixed in the HUD
- In the CTF, after delivering the flag bot immediately runs on (doesn't get sticked to the flag place)
- Bots don't shot anymore with explosive weapons through a "lattice"
- Fixed a problem with awards pop-upping in the next match
- Bots don't attack enemies with invulnerability anymore
- Bots don't chat anymore (for the sake of stability)
- Items "value" has been deleted from the CTF mode
- Bots don't try to use minigun whilst having no ammo anymore
- Award of "exact hit" cannot be done on the corpses anymore

Innovations and changes:

- Bots don't camp if they run with the flag
- Bots will no longer shoot with the cannon being close to the wall
- In the SkullHold bots care of catching the skull more than earlier
- In Bin/AI/Profiles/Name.ainame file is now possible to add and / or remove tags of the bots, Skins.aiskins file contains lists of skins which bots wear (using the sane name as in .amc files)
- Bots pick weapons from dead enemies much more often
- Bots now can see the enemies with invisibility if they shooting, having another pup or wearing the flag
- Sniper gun improved - without using scope it's still accurate and does the same damage

New maps:

- CTF Frozen Cliff
- CTF Lefty
- CTF Storm

- DM Blue Planet
- DM Cracks
- DM Deck16
- DM Marble Wars
- DM The Edge (Q2DM1)
- DM The Footer Tomb

- DOM Futuristic Trouble
- DOM / KOTH LongestYardRebirth (Q3DM17)

Zdzichu
08-03-2016, 23:46
It is great alternative for dead FE frag..
:kneel::kneel::kneel::kneel::kneel::kneel::kneel:: kneel::kneel::kneel:
0 crashes,0 lags 100% stable.

Zeo
09-03-2016, 00:11
Yeah, don't forget you can disable 200/200 :D

Zdzichu
09-03-2016, 00:37
I know it,it was in 1st release :D

Zeo
20-03-2016, 06:21
Anyone else ? :( :P
We need some opinions !

Jockant
22-03-2016, 00:33
Really great mod! Tried it since release and was impressed.

Now of course, even more stable, nice! :clap:

We need some opinions !

I do wish, that the bots wouldn't desync in MP and demos, if that's possible to do.

That's all I guess...

ThySerious-Baratus
29-03-2016, 13:32
I've gotta love the bots created in this mod it could help my practicing. :D

Marco
13-01-2017, 17:54
Hi, Zeo. When I play with bots, I get a "Catch Error". What does it mean?

I don't have a log yet, or posted screen. But it appears bot name followed by that 2 words.

For example:

Polska: Catch Error!.

The game continues, in fact I can play matches with Ostap' servers settings (30 or 50 frags... obviously in Botmatch offline mode, not online) and I don't have anymore crashes (like it was in 1.00A). But this writing usually appears once on screen (in top left messages), during the first minutes of playing. And after a while (duration of these matches is on average 20 of minutes) the bot stops playing.

For example, when I play Shotty Trouble, the bot (due to my netbook, I can play duels only) sometimes goes near walls and starts jumping until I don't shoot at it. When I shoot on its direction, it 'restores' itself and fights again. It happens once or twice per match. Is it related with "Catch Error!"?

Another problem: in Hole and Fortress, the bots go continuously to swim on the lava and they die a lot.

However, the beta 1.08 looks more stable than the alpha 1.00, in fact it doesn't crash anymore (I remember Desert Temple, Hole and Shotty Trouble crashed continuously in the old version).

Anyone else ? :( :P
We need some opinions !

My suggests are about items (powerups, supers) in maps and some weapon damages.

Last summer I opened the map "Courtyard" (downloaded from this forum) in Serious Editor because I was curious about the spawn of 100 health and lasergun in the same point, after starting a match and at different times.

So, I discovered how to delay powerups spawn in a map, like in Serious Sam HD. It is enough to move the item outside of the map, insert a copier inside the map and relate it with the item, and then insert a trigger related to the copier outside of the map again. I edited 3 maps (Fortress, Hole, Little Trouble)* and I'm uploading them on mediafire. If you (or Troy) want to add these map modifications, tell me here. I could also post back here the settings for triggers and copiers.

Btw: why did you remove Winter Fortress and restored the original Fortress?

About the supers. Since in the mod there is the option "Pro Mode" to disable powerups and supers, could you (or Troy) restore the 200 Armor in Shotty Complex? So, it will be disabled only in "Pro Mode" and not regardless of it; plus, I never have played that version of Shotty Complex (just personal opinion, but it isn't only for me).

About weapons. Could you (or Troy) restore tommygun/minigun damage back to 10 (instead of 20) at normal difficulty? And also: could you (or Troy) decrease single colt damage from 20 to 5? When the bot goes out of ammo, it uses single colt and this is so lame. :(
Plus, a single colt is a basic weapon (you spawn with it) and it doesn't make sense that its damage is equal to tommygun/minigun, instead of its half (at least!!).

*I edited original maps from game, not from mod (btw, mod maps can't be opened in editor).

PS: Since the 1.08 beta was released on March 2016, will you release a new version of this mod this year?

Marco
09-02-2017, 23:09
UP

Ok, I edited 11 maps and I uploaded them on MediaFire. They are 'Desert Temple' from TFE and 10 out of 13 maps from TSE. Edits are about powerups (and some item respawn time) only. If you are interested, tell me and I'll send you the link via pm. I just have a doubt: is it a problem to change older maps with newer ones? I mean: if you replace them, you'll have to draw bot paths again... However, this work I made isn't for this mod only (I proposed it as a suggest); but I'll present maps modifications later on.

Btw, I have screenshots and a log of 'Catch Error!':

--- Serious Engine Startup ---
SeriousEngine Build: 10000.7

Executable: C:\PROGRA~1\Croteam\SERIOU~1\Bin\SeriousSam.exe
Assumed engine directory: C:\PROGRA~1\Croteam\SERIOU~1\

Examining underlying OS...
Type: Win9x
Version: 4.10, build 2222
Misc:

Detecting CPU...
Vendor: GenuineIntel
Type: 0, Family: 6, Model: 6, Stepping: 1
MMX : Yes
CMOV: Yes
Clock: 1862MHz

Global memory status...
Physical memory used: 30/ 255MB
Page file used: 18/1792MB
Virtual memory used: 62/2044MB
Memory load: 5%
Process working set: 0MB-1MB

Current mod: Mods\SeriousTournamentMod_1.08B\
Loading mod include/exclude lists...
Loading group files...
C:\PROGRA~1\Croteam\SERIOU~1\SEGold_DM.gro: 32 files
C:\PROGRA~1\Croteam\SERIOU~1\SE1_00_Music.gro: 43 files
C:\PROGRA~1\Croteam\SERIOU~1\SE1_00_ExtraTools.gro : 1044 files
C:\PROGRA~1\Croteam\SERIOU~1\SE1_00_Extra.gro: 107 files
C:\PROGRA~1\Croteam\SERIOU~1\SE1_00.gro: 3142 files
C:\PROGRA~1\Croteam\SERIOU~1\1_07_tools.gro: 18 files
C:\PROGRA~1\Croteam\SERIOU~1\1_04_patch.gro: 1 files
F:\Install\1_04_patch.gro: 1 files
F:\Install\1_00c_scripts.gro: 28 files
F:\Install\1_00c.gro: 2267 files
F:\Install\1_00_music.gro: 55 files
F:\Install\1_00_ExtraTools.gro: 58 files

Detecting input devices...
joysticks found: 16
joysticks allowed: 8
joy 1: error 0x000000a5
joy 2: error 0x000000a5
joy 3: error 0x000000a5
joy 4: error 0x000000a5
joy 5: error 0x000000a5
joy 6: error 0x000000a5
joy 7: error 0x000000a5
joy 8: error 0x000000a5

Desktop settings...
Color Depth: 32bit
Screen: 1024x768
Virtual screen: 1024x768
Monitors directly reported: 1

Current display: 'cdd' version 1025 - 1024x768x32

Initializing sound...
vorbisfile.dll loaded, ogg playing enabled
MPX playing disabled: Cannot load amp11lib.dll.
Detected devices: 1
device 0: Altoparlanti (Realtek High Defi
ver: 1537, id: 1.100
form: 0x000fffff, ch: 2, support: 0x0000002c

IFeel mouse not found.
Command line: '+game SeriousTournamentMod_1.08B'

joysticks found: 16
joysticks allowed: 8
joy 1: error 0x000000a5
joy 2: error 0x000000a5
joy 3: error 0x000000a5
joy 4: error 0x000000a5
joy 5: error 0x000000a5
joy 6: error 0x000000a5
joy 7: error 0x000000a5
joy 8: error 0x000000a5
Loading game library 'C:\PROGRA~1\Croteam\SERIOU~1\Mods\SeriousTourname ntMod_1.08B\Bin\GameMP.dll'...
Scripts\Game_startup.ini(5): Cannot assign: different types
Scripts\Game_startup.ini(6): Cannot assign: different types
Try to load bot names...
Total names: 1
Try to load bot skins...
Total skins: 1
Serious Sam version: 1.08B
Active mod: ^cffdf00^a99Serious Sam TSE Modification
include "Scripts\Mod_startup.ini";
<command>(1): Cannot load script file 'Scripts\Mod_startup.ini"': Cannot open file `C:\PROGRA~1\Croteam\SERIOU~1\Scripts\Mod_startup. ini' (No such file or directory) ()
Reading levels directory...
file 'Levels\CaptureTheFlag\CTF_AshestoAshes.wld' : '^iCTF | Ashes to Ashes' spawn=0x00200000
file 'Levels\CaptureTheFlag\CTF_ElephantPlayground.wld' : '^iCTF | Elephant Playground' spawn=0x00200000
file 'Levels\CaptureTheFlag\CTF_FrozenCliff.wld' : '^iCTF | Frozen Cliff' spawn=0x00200000
file 'Levels\CaptureTheFlag\CTF_GardenOfGibs.wld' : '^iCTF | Garden of Gibs' spawn=0x00200000
file 'Levels\CaptureTheFlag\CTF_GoHunting.wld' : '^iCTF | Go Hunting' spawn=0x00200000
file 'Levels\CaptureTheFlag\CTF_Lefty.wld' : '^iCTF | Lefty' spawn=0x00200000
file 'Levels\CaptureTheFlag\CTF_LittleTrouble.wld' : '^iCTF | Little Trouble' spawn=0x00200000
file 'Levels\CaptureTheFlag\CTF_Midnight.wld' : '^iCTF | Midnight' spawn=0x00200000
file 'Levels\CaptureTheFlag\CTF_NightTown.wld' : '^i(CTF / DOM) | Night Town' spawn=0x00600000
file 'Levels\CaptureTheFlag\CTF_Storm.wld' : '^iCTF | Storm' spawn=0x00200000
file 'Levels\CaptureTheFlag\CTF_Temple.wld' : '^iCTF | Temple' spawn=0x00200000
file 'Levels\CaptureTheFlag\CTF_TheIndiana.wld' : '^i(CTF / DOM) | Indiana' spawn=0x00600000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_AncientStill.wld' : '^iDM | Ancient Still' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_ArenaGate.wld' : '^iDM | Arena Gate (Q3DM1)' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_Beyond.wld' : '^iDM | Beyond' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_BluePlanet.wld' : '^iDM | Blue Planet' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_BrkeenChevap.wld' : '^iDM | BrkeenChevap' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_Compound.wld' : '^iDM | Compound' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_Cracks.wld' : '^iDM | Cracks' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_DeDust2.wld' : '^iDM | DeDust 2' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_Deck16.wld' : '^iDM | Deck 16' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_DesertTemple.wld' : '^i(DM / KOTH) | Desert Temple' spawn=0x009a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_DockingBay.wld' : '^iDM | Docking Bay' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_Fortress.wld' : '^iDM | Fortress' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_GoHunting.wld' : '^iDM | Go Hunting' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_Gvide.wld' : '^iDM | Gvide' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_Hole.wld' : '^i(DM / KOTH) | Hole' spawn=0x009a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_InfiniteNight.wld' : '^iDM | Infinite Night' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_Level.wld' : '^iDM | Level' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_LittleTrouble.wld' : '^iDM | Little Trouble' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_Marble.wld' : '^iDM | Marble Wars' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_MontezumasRevenge.wld' : '^iDM | Montezumas Revenge' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_NightTemple.wld' : '^iDM | Night Temple' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_RaSpahShoy.wld' : '^iDM | Ra Spah Shoy' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_RedStation.wld' : '^iDM | Red Station' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_ShottyComplex.wld' : '^iDM | Shotty Complex' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_ShottyPower.wld' : '^iDM | Shotty Power' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_ShottyPowerRemake.wld' : '^iDM | Shotty Power Remake' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_Shout-to-Shout.wld' : '^iDM | Shout to Shout' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_SunPalace.wld' : '^i(DM / DOM / KOTH) | Sun Palace' spawn=0x00da0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_TheEdge.wld' : '^iDM | The Edge (Q2DM1)' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_TheFooterTomb.wld' : '^iDM | The Footer Tomb' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_TheLostTomb.wld' : '^iDM | The Lost Tomb' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_Trayus.wld' : '^iDM | Trayus Academy' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_WeGotSkullsNBonesToo.wld' : '^iDM | We Got Skulls'n'Bones Too' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_Yodeller.wld' : '^iDM | Yodeller' spawn=0x001a0000
file 'Levels\Domination\DOM_Colizeum2250.wld' : '^i(DOM / KOTH) | Coliseum 2250' spawn=0x00c00000
file 'Levels\Domination\DOM_FuturisticTrouble.wld' : '^iDOM | Futuristic Trouble' spawn=0x00400000
file 'Levels\Domination\DOM_LongestYardRebirth.wld' : '^i(DOM / KOTH) | Longest Yard Rebirth' spawn=0x00c00000
file 'Levels\SkullHold\SH_Temple.wld' : '^iSkullHold | Temple' spawn=0x00180000
Reading demos directory...
Levels\LevelsMP\Intro.wld

* START NEW DISPLAY MODE ...
Starting display mode: 640x480xdesktop (fullscreen)
CDS: mode set to 640x480x0

Pixel Format Description:
Number: 6 (TYPE_RGBA)
Flags: DRAW_TO_WINDOW SUPPORT_OPENGL DOUBLEBUFFER SWAP_EXCHANGE
Color bits: 32 (8:8:8:8)
Depth bits: 32 (0 for stencil)

* OpenGL context created: *----------------------------------
(Intel Corporation, Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series, 3.0)

All textures reloaded.

Automatic 3D-board preferences adjustment...
Detected: Intel Corporation - Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series - 3.0
Matching: *Intel(R)*3600* (Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series)
Similar to last, keeping same preferences.
Clear bot array
Starting session: 'Levels\LevelsMP\Intro.wld'
level: 'Levels\LevelsMP\Intro.wld'
spawnflags: 0008ffff
max players: 1
waiting: 0
network is off
Cannot start game:
User break!
Initializing TCP/IP...
opening as server
winsock opened ok
getting local addresses
local addresses: Marco-PC (192.168.1.105, 192.168.131.1, 192.168.179.1, 169.254.0.251)
port: 25600
opened socket:
Clear bot array
Starting session: 'DM_LittleTrouble'
level: 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_LittleTrouble.wld'
spawnflags: 00020002
max players: 5
network is off
started.
Adding player: '^oMarco^r'
done.
Serious Tournament Mod: Prepare world
^o^cff55ffs^cff55ffi^cff55ffc^cff55ffk ^cff55ff-^cff55ff=^cff55ff]^cff55ffM^cff55ffo^cff55ffL^cff55ffo^cff55ffT^cff5 5ff[^cff55ff=^cff55ff-^r joined
^oMarco^r poured lead into ^o^cff55ffs^cff55ffi^cff55ffc^cff55ffk ^cff55ff-^cff55ff=^cff55ff]^cff55ffM^cff55ffo^cff55ffL^cff55ffo^cff55ffT^cff5 5ff[^cff55ff=^cff55ff-^r
^oMarco^r poured lead into ^o^cff55ffs^cff55ffi^cff55ffc^cff55ffk ^cff55ff-^cff55ff=^cff55ff]^cff55ffM^cff55ffo^cff55ffL^cff55ffo^cff55ffT^cff5 5ff[^cff55ff=^cff55ff-^r
^o^cff55ffs^cff55ffi^cff55ffc^cff55ffk ^cff55ff-^cff55ff=^cff55ff]^cff55ffM^cff55ffo^cff55ffL^cff55ffo^cff55ffT^cff5 5ff[^cff55ff=^cff55ff-^r poured lead into ^oMarco^r
^o^cff55ffs^cff55ffi^cff55ffc^cff55ffk ^cff55ff-^cff55ff=^cff55ff]^cff55ffM^cff55ffo^cff55ffL^cff55ffo^cff55ffT^cff5 5ff[^cff55ff=^cff55ff-^r poured lead into ^oMarco^r
stopping game.
Client 'Local machine' ordered to disconnect: Server stopped.
Initializing TCP/IP...
opening as server
winsock opened ok
getting local addresses
local addresses: Marco-PC (192.168.1.105, 192.168.131.1, 192.168.179.1, 169.254.0.251)
port: 25600
opened socket:
Clear bot array
Starting session: 'DM_LittleTrouble'
level: 'Levels\Deathmatch\DM_LittleTrouble.wld'
spawnflags: 00020002
max players: 5
network is off
started.
Adding player: '^oMarco^r'
done.
Serious Tournament Mod: Prepare world
^o^cff55ffs^cff55ffi^cff55ffc^cff55ffk ^cff55ff-^cff55ff=^cff55ff]^cff55ffM^cff55ffo^cff55ffL^cff55ffo^cff55ffT^cff5 5ff[^cff55ff=^cff55ff-^r joined
^o^cff55ffs^cff55ffi^cff55ffc^cff55ffk ^cff55ff-^cff55ff=^cff55ff]^cff55ffM^cff55ffo^cff55ffL^cff55ffo^cff55ffT^cff5 5ff[^cff55ff=^cff55ff-^r: Catch error!
screen shot: ScreenShots\DM_LittleTrouble_shot0001.tga
stopping game.
Client 'Local machine' ordered to disconnect: Server stopped.
Renderer buffers cleared.
CDS: mode reset to original desktop settings

The catch error in the log is referred to first screenshot.

Marco
28-02-2021, 15:31
Reviving this thread because it brings back memories. :) But I don't know if this mod will have any updates. Anyway I had some sessions with the latest release (2.00B ), published in 2018, and wanted to point out something.

I like the damage modifier, you can switch between classic damage or the STM ones (the most important is the grenade launcher, decreased from 175 to 155). But, you know what would be cool? It would be so cool to add an option "custom" that shows some ranges (in gamma/contrast options style) to be set and customize weapons power (cannon included) by editing precise parameters.

Premise: this is only my thought! I'll write below some ideas, but with rules in order to be funnier. ;)

Colts and machineguns: edit bullet damage. let's start from 4 to a maximum of 40-50, for those ones who prefer gummy projectiles or super OP guns, even stronger than in Serious difficulty so that you will die with nothing! :P
For machineguns, I also suggest a fire rate modifier which starts from the classic values to more gigantic ones (for example, you may want the Minigun to shoot 16 bullets per second and the Tommygun only 8).
For colts, a new feature could be added: if you want the Double Colts to do twice the damage than the Single Colt does (like in Co-op) when both bullets hit the target. The original Sam code is: in Deathmatch, Double Colts do the same damage as Single colt (2 bullets set to 10 vs one set to 20).

Shotguns: edit pellets damage (from 4 to 30, for example), pellets dispersion per distance (for example, after 5 meters, 6 or 7 pellets out of 14 won't hit the target), number of pellets contained per shell (from 7 - classic Single Shotgun value - to 50). To be edited number by number, for example if you prefer to have a shell (Double Shotgun) that contains 23, 25 or 26 pellets. :)
Note. Maybe a rule should be applied to this, a thing like you just set the pellets for the Single Shotgun and then the double the value is applied to Double Shotgun (since it consumes 2 shells per hit).

Flamethrower: almost the same as machineguns (damage per projectile and fire rate), but with in addition the range of time (seconds) flames will keep burning a body (let's say, from 5 to 45 seconds).

Lasergun: basically the same as machineguns.

Sniper Rifle: bullet damage (let's say from 60 to 200 in sniper mask and from 30 to 90 in no scope) + 1.00A options to be set Yes or No. I mean: do you want the no scope to be as accurate as the sniper mask? Yes or No; do you want the no scope to do the same damage as the sniper mask? Yes or No.
Important rule for this weapon: sniper mask damage must be at least double than in no scope! But in the original Sam values no scope is 30 and sniper mask is 90. So this can be still possible, but the rule must be applied when reducing the sniper mask damage. For instance, if you set the mask to 60, you cannot set the no scope to 40, 45, 80 or 90! :P

Rocket and Grenade launcher: projectile damage (from 60 to 200), splash damage (from 25 to 150) and effect area (let's suppose 0.5 to 10 meters). In this case, the values can change by 5 units (like if you wish a Quake-like rocket that does 75-25).

Cannon: I'm afraid this would be almost impossible to change due to its complex code... But it would be nice to set a projectile damage + explosion from 100 to the normal values (that is 750 or 1250). Imagine a cannonball that would explode onto an opponent's body but wouldn't kill him instantly, just like a rocket or a grenade!

Knife: front damage (from 25 to 75) and backstab (from 50 to 200). Bot is a badass :) when using Knife: it can kill you with a backstab even if you wear Supers (200H-200A)!

Chainsaw: I think it can be possible to set damage per second only. Let's suppose a range from 15 to 250 (default value).

Additional specific rules to apply for custom damage mode:

- It could be used only at Normal difficulty;

- Damage variable values can't be changed from console during the game.

But I know this is just impossible to do. This is only my delirium! :stoned: :D

And now, let's see some technical issues that must be resolved, instead.

Another nice function is "Drop PowerUPs", Yes or No. I like that, too!

But there is a problem: when I kill the poor bot, it successfully drops the item, but I have to search for it because it is impossible to see! It becomes invisible when it is dropped.

Second: very nice invention the STM entities for Serious Editor! The problem is I can't rename an STM entity to distinguish a Node from another Node or a BOTWall from another BOTWall, etc...

Also, I didn't get how do some of these STMs work. You guys should write a guide that explains what STM entities are for.

And how do I record a "rail" for the bot?

Oh, and about recorded rails:

Hole. Bot set to Hard. It spawns in the lava's room. It collects the 200 Armor. When it reaches the recorded rail to do the rocket jump to the Heart, it simply DOESN'T GET DAMAGED! :eek: I noticed this by observing a battle between bots (from Network game, not Botmatch).

Remove unwanted bots. Sometimes I had to restart a game because I added 1 more bot by mistake, when for example I wanted to play a TDM 2vs2 and I gave 1 more bot to my team or to the other side.
Is it possible to create a hotkey that removes an unwanted bot, like the one that adds them?

Note: about that thing below, it isn't mandatory but I find it as a defect.

Main menu cursor. Ok, this is a foolish little thing that changes nothing in gameplay, but I have to move the mouse in a very strange way in order to select options! I don't have such a problem on normal Sam, given that I use the SAME mouse settings both in the original game and the mod too.

Note about an experiment with fonts. After I installed cyrillic fonts in this mod too, I tried to change bot names (from Names.ainame) and put my name in cyrillic (Mapko).

Basically what happens: game plays normally but bot's name will remain empty and you cannot see it. When you reach frag or time limit, then you'll be able to see the cyrillic name in the classic endgame NETRICSA board. However, during the game, the cyrillic name can be seen on console. :)

This one is just a report of a personal experiment.

Also, when trying to add STM entities to an empty map, cyrillic fonts were useful because when I did something wrong with the waypoints, the game informed me about it with red messages on console.. but in russian! :D
So I learned that I had to link waypoints and nodes, because "Veipoint ni s 4em ne svyazan" is like "Waypoint not linked to anything". :) Hence why a guide is needed to use the new entities with the editor. :yes:

However, you guys did a good job with 2.00A/B release. :tup: And that's all! :D :wave: